X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Playoffs

100% fairweather fan here, guys.........I haven't really cared about the Celtics for about 20 years and only watched their last playoff title run in 2008 with off-and-on interest; and God forbid ever watching a regular-season game, this YMCA-league brand of basketball just isn't the same from when I was a kid.

But I have been watching this playoff season, all 5 games so far since they made the finals against LA and it's been some great stuff to be sure. Last night they made it 3-2 with 2 games left in LA, tuesday and thursday. I will be glued to those as well to see if the local guys can bring home banner number 18 for their rafters.

Paul Pierce looked good last night, not as good as all-world forward Kobe Bryant for the Lakers but good enough to get the Celts a solid win and to move on to game 6.  This has been a good series and is something to watch on the tube besides re-runs of Deadliest Catch and Dateline NBC.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I HATE the Lakers in basketball, like I HATE the Yankees in baseball.  

Good luck to the bean town boys!!!
    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

The games come on at 9am or 10am in Thailand; have you been watching?

I know *I* would be, hell whenever I am there I am looking for anything decent besides the usual CNN and crap documentaries.

Comment

I'm barely awake then and dont think they are on sophon cable, are they?
        “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

My cable package had at least 5 or 6 sports channels, always showing either soccer or race car driving  24/7  

For sure they would be showing these games, just try to find ASN or ASN2, PigDogg would know  .......I'm not sure which stations you would get there in Hell but if you wake up before 10am on wednesday and flip through the dials I wouldn't be surprised if you could watch game 6; game 7 is 10am on friday, your time.

GREAT series so far, Kobe has been awesome but him and that tall and goofy white guy are all the Fakers have this year.

Comment

(JaiDee @ Jun. 14 2010,17:58) 100%  fairweather fan here...not as good as all-world forward Kobe Bryant for the Lakers
            I guess you are...Kobe is a two guard not a forward...That would be shooting guard to you foreigners...

And yes, I am watching...Basketball is my favorite pro sport...

Since I am from NorCal and hate everything SoCal...Go Celts...
            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Comment

Fair weather fan aka band wagon jumper?? You JD are a DISGRACE!!!!! Havent paid attention to the NBA for a while. The older I get, the more turned off I get by the modern, primma donna, miscreat athlete!! Also the games strat at 930 pm and I work early mornings!! Why invest my time if I am not going to be able towatch the end of the game???
                Be careful out there!

Comment

100% guilty .....and will admit that.   I only care about football and haven't watched these Celts since 2008's finals and haven't really been "into" them since 1986 or so, the Bird era......as you say this brand of ball turns me right  off and reading about their personal lives and how much they make does as well.

But these 5 games have been good, I'm enjoying it...... what's with all the traveling these days??  That shit used to be called in the old days.....

Comment

If I ever get some tatoos, then I guess I'll start watching the NBA again,

I gave up when Downtown Freddie Brown retired/was cut, and pre

interweb, took months to find out what happened to him, was actually

following, for quite some time and with some delight another F. Brown in

another team's boxscores.
                    Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

I'm watching, albeit at a distance and half-heartedly ...

I was a pretty serious Knicks fan when back in NYC, the John Starks era. But I think I hate Kobe Bryant more than just about any other superstar athlete that's ever lived. So, as soon as it looks like they're going to take it, I'm out.

Talk about an unlikable "personality" (if you can even call it that...).

Comment

Perhaps if some of you liked basketball a bit more you would also appreciate soccer a bit more...
                        Despite what you might think, there are similarities...

You might ask yourself why has Basketball become a World sport...
                        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

watching the world cup you can't help but wonder how different that world would be had kobe and lebron and dwight howard grown up playing 'football' rather than basketball. unfuckingstoppable.

then again, i have long wanted to see shaq play noseguard in the nfl.

btw, spent the play-offs in pattaya last year and found that the lobby restaurant at the dynasty on soi 13 was the best place to watch in the morning before hanrahans (sic?) opened. good cheap food and a big screen and the whole place to yourself.

Comment

Game 6 tonight......I'd take the Lakers by as much as 8 or 9......can almost guarantee there will be a game 7.

now THAT will be a great game!!!

Comment

Just bet the money line then Mush. Want me to open up an account for you??? Advice: Dont go down that road-ESPECIALLY-come September....
                              Be careful out there!

Comment

Working...
                              X