Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the Euro teams haven't crashed out yet. It sure looks like a couple of them will be going home early but it isn't over till it is over.

The upsets so far, as spectacular as some of them are, were predicted. No one could predict who but there will be more form reversals before the qualifiers are over.

I think it would be terrific if England came out & thrashed Slovenia. If Rooney kicked 4 goals & made all his detractors eat dirt.

It would be terrific not because I have a great affinity for the English side but because there is no greater theme in International sport than REDEMPTION.

That rush of emotion when the underdog comes through. And I don't mind who it is.

I have loved the performances of the Americans. Unexpected. Who do they think they are? And New Zealand. Fantastic for that small country of sporting over-achievers. Go Kiwis. Just not against us thanks.

And my favourite? North Korea. I have no love for any Totalitarian state but think of them playing on the world stage?

How proud would they feel to be mixing it with the big boys & getting through to the semis? More than any of us can imagine I suspect.
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(pacman @ Jun. 21 2010,17:03) And my favourite? North Korea...
      Me too. They have technology on their side!

Kim Jong-il 'Instructs Footballers by Invisible Phone'

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il "gives regular tactical advice during matches using mobile phones that are not visible to the naked eye," the team's manager Kim Jong-hun told ESPN Thursday. The coach dutifully told the sports channel that Kim Jong-il developed the James-Bond technology himself.

In 2004, the North Korean leader claimed to have invented the hamburger, which would make the invisible cell phone his latest invention, ABC quipped.

It also reported that cameras caught a contingent of North Korean supporters in the stands, but it was "not certain... that any of those flag-waving fans were North Korean," citing a Xinhua news agency report that 1,000 Chinese nationals were essentially rented by North Korea in May to sit in the stands and cheer...

Read all about it!
      SHEMALE.CENTER
      World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

(Grinder @ Jun. 21 2010,16:43) the Argies

they have always had the coolest kit...  
        Light blue and black?  Fashion faux pas!  

Now if, say, the shorts were navy, now that would be something!  

Comment

Poof

Comment

Can€™t say much about England and France as they have been playing at 4.30am and I only get up at that time to watch Australia and Italy. I only stay up till 2am watching the first 2 matches.

As for the Germans and the Italians, it has not been through lack of trying. I wouldn€™t exactly place Serbia in €œwait for it of all teams€ category. They have some decent players. I never expected it to be a forgone conclusion. As for the Italian, they have a history of been upstaged by lower teams in the group stage. Just pick any world cup.

Although an early peanut time for a few of the big Euros is on the cards I still believe professionalism will win out.

Comment

(Bumpa STIKKA @ Jun. 21 2010,17:37) Kim Jong-il 'Instructs Footballers by Invisible Phone'

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il "gives regular tactical advice during matches using mobile phones that are not visible to the naked eye," the team's manager Kim Jong-hun told ESPN Thursday. The coach dutifully told the sports channel that Kim Jong-il developed the James-Bond technology himself.
              7 - nil!!!  OMG, what happened?

I am sure the Dear Leader will blame the CIA for a plot to block his phone call...

Either that or maybe he wing the wong number?            
              Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

We all know George was ahead of his time and no one has ever replicated his antics since with even half the class  

As for the invisble phone..the sad thing is most people in NK actually believe it. We've rarely seen brainwashing on that scale, or participants so willing
                Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

Working...
                X