X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England are 20/20 World Champs  

I still like watching the Test matches against the better Teams.

I would rather watch grass grow than watch Basketball or Baseball but then again Im from another Country and I wasn't brought up on them Sports.

So where are you from originally Jake and at what age did you move to the US?
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(Tomcat @ Jun. 14 2010,23:48) i think it was Bumpa Stikka that explained the rules and who the best teams and players were
      he DID mention the New England Patriots in this discussion, yes?
      Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

The New England Patriots were my team (because of their name) JD a few years back when that "Fridge" fella was knocking about Grid Iron.

I quite enjoy watching it but not "live" , lasts too bloody long

Comment

Jake-if you still live in the US of A, theres more Premiership football on here than there is in England FFS!!!!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
          Be careful out there!

Comment

Maybe hes originally from Yorkshire

Comment

I still live in the USA in NYC to be specific. I'm originally from South/ SE asia. I'm a mutt (75/25%). My family moved here when I was 7 in 1984 dave.

Blueballz are you talking about MSG HD+ channel? If so I do manage to catch a few of the games but not all, not in HD anyways.

P.S. JD now you know why I asked you to watch germany/ argentina play. It would be like watching Tom Brady or Peyton Manning orchestrate an offense. With the other teams especially Italy, its like watching the Raiders play. I don't blame you if you want to over watching that.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

(Lefty @ Jun. 14 2010,21:09) I agree totally. To me, soccer would be worth watching, maybe, if there were no goalies. That could get the scores up to some exciting levels. Watching 22 guys kick a ball around a giant lawn for 90 minutes with most scores being 0-0, 1-0, 2-1, etc, does not really get me all that excited. It's like watching bull riding at a rodeo and none of the riders can stay on for the 8 seconds needed to get a score. That happened once at a rodeo back home. The stock was superior to the cowboys and not one bull rider out of 15 or so that day lasted 8 seconds even once. It is was a IPRA rodeo (IIRC,) though rather than a PRCA rodeo, which is the real major league of rodeo. That was akin to a 0-0 soccer game to me.  

Otherwise, soccer is like watching a hamster run around in one of those wheels, or at best a cure for insomnia.  

AMERICAN FOOTBALL!!! RODEO!!! HOCKEY!!! RUGBY!!! THOSE ARE SPORTS PLAYED BY THE REAL MEN.
                Funny post. Like saying golf is a game played by people hitting a ball with a stick over the country side for half a day.

Don€™t you think American football would be better viewed by foreigners if you got rid of quarterbacks and the defensive and offensive teams and just have one team playing all the time and continuously and let the ball turnover naturally?

I think not. Right?

Don€™t they have goalies in hockey?

Comment

Working...
                X