X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Rules Best Player

For the few people that will be interested - Chris Judd from the Carlton Football Club just won the AFL's Best Player Award.

Collingwood's Dane Swan was odds on favourite and Judd was $21.

Collingwood are also odds on to win the final on Saturday - here's hoping they bomb again!

Given the lack of stand outs in that team - not that surprising.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Biggest rip of I have seen yet. Judd missed the first 3 games through suspension. And he gets 30 votes? That€™s a fucking lot even for a worthy winner.

Azza is right. He is the only one who stands out in that piece of shit Carlton team. How does Swan who won every other award bar a couple of media award only end up with 2 BOGs.

How the fuck does Judd get 3 votes against Collingwood when they beat Carlton by 53 points. Granted he had a good game in a losing side, but they lost by 53 points. He also had about 9 inside 50s but about 8 of them turned over. Plus he should have got rubbed out against for striking Pavlich. Don€™t say there is nothing in it I have seen less than that go before. FFS I reckon if Juddy turns up as a spectator tomorrow he is a chance to to win the Norm Smith Medal.

I still say they umpires should keep they voting in the Brownlow but their criteria for giving the votes should be spelled out to them. And IMO they shouldn€™t give it after they game but rather during the week after a review.

Anyway the only medal I want on Swanee is a premiership medal. And I will be at the game tomorrow willing them on. Where€™s Bali Ken when you need him?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Comment

Just watched my first Aussie football game today.

As a Yank, I love American football, but Aussie football is the best sport I have ever seen.

Lots of scoring, fast paced and physical.

October 2nd, 11:30 AM Bangkok time will be the "Super Bowl". Check it out!

Comment

Wow ...about time and what a match you watched... not the best "game" but a truly physical encounter.

Best part about it.... they have to do it all again next week as the grand final was a draw at full time.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

It was an amazing day. I completely lost it and was going beserk in that last quarter. However I thought the pies blew it again. But we comeback to fight another day. Another grand final week more tickets to buy again. But this is the last one. The AFL has said extra time will be played if another draw. Though that is not likely. Hope all likely theories kick in and favourites win second time round.

Comment

Come on the Saints!

About time St Kilda killed the hoodoo... besides which I like to see Mick Malthouse cry.

Couldn't see the game but listened to in on the Laptop, not bad. Rexie Hunt on MMM is a great game caller.
              f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

and that Jezza mark in the last quarter putting the Saints in front...classic !  

Poor old Louie must have had a seizure in the Nursing home  
                Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

If anyone is interested in watching the game go to http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/default.aspx

Choose the GF quarters... no.4 i just watched again... bump the quality up and enjoy the game in full screen.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

It redirects me to a page whjere I have to signup and pay. Is this a free replay?

Comment

yup ... free replay here in OZ for sure... Um just go to www.afl.com.au and click on the video tab and see if you can access it via that.

Maybe they make o/s ips sign up

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(dommy6 @ Sep. 24 2010,23:03) Anyway the only medal I want on Swanee is a premiership medal. And I will be at the game tomorrow willing them on. Where€™s Bali Ken when you need him?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
                        And he bloody well got it. It was a cakewalk in the end. Well done magpies.

Avatar is of pic taken at the game yesterday in the last quater when i stuck one of those charity cups on my shirt

Comment

Well done Pies. Hope this makes up for all those ones you lost to the Blues
                          Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

Nope it doesnt. And remember blues was last one was 15 years ago and counting.

Comment

Working...
                            X