First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll see your short leg and raise you a fine point
    Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

• Australia go 5-1 vs England in the ODI Series...

Not even another brilliant Trott performance could save them

Highest Aust run chase in ODI history...down to the wire..

England asking questions heading into the World Cup

Comment

• :  Hey GDS......  this is the ASHES thread.

If you wanna discuss the one day format then start another thread preferably on a different forum

Comment

• Yeah GDS!
          Stop the off-topic news about Aus thrashing the Poms in the ODI series!

PS: Our (aussie) shit weather beats your english shit weather.
          f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

• At the risk of being a sloppy American (which I am), can someone tell what the Ashes is? Forgive my ignorance of this particular sport but this has just not come to our shores as an event that you hear about around the water cooler.

Comment

• Thanks for bringing us back on topic SD.

(Hope you didn't drop too much on the ODI pentire )

Comment

• (StreetDog @ Feb. 03 2011,01:26) At the risk of being a sloppy American (which I am), can someone tell what the Ashes is?  Forgive my ignorance of this particular sport but this has just not come to our shores as an event that you hear about around the water cooler.
                From Wiki

The Ashes is a Test cricket series played between England and Australia. It is the most celebrated rivalry in international cricket and dates back to 1882. It is currently played biennially, alternately in the United Kingdom and Australia. Cricket being a summer sport, and the venues being in opposite hemispheres, the break between series alternates between 18 and 30 months.

A series of "The Ashes" comprises five Test matches, two innings per match, under the regular rules for Test match cricket. If a series is drawn then the country already holding the Ashes retains them.

The series is named after a satirical obituary published in a British newspaper, The Sporting Times, in 1882 after a match at The Oval in which Australia beat England on an English ground for the first time. The obituary stated that English cricket had died, and the body will be cremated and the ashes taken to Australia. The English media dubbed the next English tour to Australia (1882€“83) as the quest to regain The Ashes.

During that tour a small terracotta urn was presented to England captain Ivo Bligh by a group of Melbourne women. The contents of the urn are reputed to be the ashes of an item of cricket equipment, a bail.
                seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Working...
                X