X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make Your Picks...

OK "gentlemen" in addition to the tried and true competition that our Smuttley runs so well we will have three more Komps just to add some interest. I will soon make three different thread for the three different Komps. The winner of each Kopm will get lunch on me. The only catch is we have to be in Thailand at the same time and I pick where we eat. If I like you, it wil be somewhere halfway decent. If I dont like you, its the sidewalk noodle cart!!!

We will have two "Suicide Pools", one for winners and one for losers. This type of pool is simple. You pick one team a week and as long as they win the game, you stay in. If they lose, you are out and you cannot pick the same team twice. The losers pool is the exact opposite i.e. you pick a team the you expect to lose. If they do lose, you stay in. If they happen to win, you are out.

The third Komp we will have will be against the spread. Most of you already know what this is but we want to encourage new players. Our esteemed Bumpa will post the "spread" about Tuesday. Each week you have to pick 4 games against the spread. Lets say The Jets are playing the Bills. The Jets are favored but 5 points. The Jets must WIN the game by MORE than 5 points for you to win the pick. That is if you picked the Jets. If you pick the Bills you win the pick a) if the Bills win outright or b) if the Bills lose by LESS than 5 points. Clear?? Have a look:

In this example the Jets are favored over the Bills ie. Jets -5 and Bills +5.
    Different scenarios the final score is:
    Jets 24 Bills 17 Jets win the pick coz they win by more than 5 points.
    Bills 31 Jets 28 Bills win the pick coz they were the underdog
    Jets 17 Bills 14 Bills win the pick. Although the Bills lost they lost by LEES than 5 points i.e the spread.
    Jets 19 Bills 14 The game is a "push" or tie. You niether win nor lose.

Got it??
    Be careful out there!

I'm in... Only a couple of more weeks!
    SHEMALE.CENTER
    World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Good initiative blue ,

Even though i am not really knowledgable in the american footbal department (nor am i really in other sports either but atleast my understanding and knowledge is a little more farspread) i really enjoy watching it with a few of my mates (two of them who are actually mostly into rugby but cant get the others,excluding myself,to get really excited about that great game).

Anyways if i get the time (depending how busy i am) i try to join your pool...

Would be fun to ''bet'' on the NFL (never do it in real life because dont know enough and those spreads are freaking horrific...you need to be a math mastermind to get either some decent odds or succes....NHL is a lot better).

Comment

In
        Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

BaliBoy if you dont know much, then you will probably do better!!! Its so tough as the results are unpredictable. Did you not understand the spreads from my example???

The suicide pools are dead easy to figure out anyway.
          Be careful out there!

Comment

Ooh i understand spreads Blue....

I like to gamble a bit myself (though it is only sportsbetting).......

Poisons of choice are Football,Rugby,MMA and Hockey....

I have some buddies who are professional gamblers (mostly poker but they do a lot of sports betting as well).Since there whizz kids i looked into football once with them to figure out a way you could beat the spreads....It was all a bit mysterieus to be because i am not that good in math but in the end the conclusion was that getting decent odds with football games just wasnt really worth the effort because people put so much effort in making there systems moneymakers (those damm Americans and there statistics lol).

Anyways i hope i get some beginners luck...

Comment

(BlueBallz @ Aug. 24 2010,12:58)  If I like you, it wil be somewhere halfway decent.  If I dont like you, its the sidewalk noodle cart!!!
              And if you hate someone's guts then I guess it is..................
              Attached Files

Comment

God Dammit....

I thought we collectively forgot about that shit

No serieusly dude...bring that up again....it caused me nightmares.....almost made me reprehensive of girls locking lips....

Luckily i am all better again....and now you bring this up again

Comment

Working...
                X