X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby World Cup 2011

With all our UK/Oz/Kiwi/Canadian and even US readers I can't believe we don't have a thread for it.

We do now!!!

First game tonight after an interesting opening ceremony

NZ All Blacks Vs Tonga

Result AB's 41 Tonga 10

Participating countries

New Zealand
    France
    Canada
    Tonga
    Japan
    England
    Scotland
    Argentina
    Romania
    Georgia
    Australia
    Ireland
    Italy
    USA
    Russia
    South Africa
    Wales
    Samoa
    Fiji
    Namibia

I'm going to a bar on Sunday at 7am to Watch Ireland V America...Kiwi's look very good in places today but their ruck seems suspicious to say the least...
    Not up the ass thank you very much...

Comment

Hmm they should have nailed Tonga. Will interesting to see who wins. Southern or Northern hemisphere?

Comment

The English media are already asking what went wrong against Argentina

We "WON" the game 13-9

It was never going to be an easy game and you have to give Argentina credit for that.
        Your got yer Mother in a whirl
        Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

DD did you see it. Bloody disaster, thank god the Argies cant kick for toffee. They would have beaten us by 20. Johnny was also well off form. He missed some that he shouldnt have and then the one penalty that he kicked to touch they scored a try   . Later at the end of the game. Same thing difficult kick why he didnt kick to touch?. He missed it by a mile.

Hmm if they carry on at this rate they will meet the all blacks in the quarters and get shifted off the pitch. The only reason they won is that the Argentinian team ran out of steam.

Watching Rugby at 9.30 in the morning is just a bit too early to have a  

Come on England  

Comment

(Bobcat @ Sep. 10 2011,14:34) DD did you see it. Bloody disaster, thank god the Argies cant kick for toffee. They would have beaten us by 20. Johnny was also well off form. He missed some that he shouldnt have and then the one penalty that he kicked to touch they scored a try   . Later at the end of the game. Same thing difficult kick why he didnt kick to touch?. He missed it by a mile.

Hmm if they carry on at this rate they will meet the all blacks in the quarters and get shifted off the pitch. The only reason they won is that the Argentinian team ran out of steam.

Watching Rugby at 9.30 in the morning is just a bit too early to have a  

Come on England  
            Yes I did watch it and if Wilkinson had taken his kicks then no way the Argies would have won by 20.

You have to remember bob that it was their first game (same same Argies) in the tournament and in the Southern Hemisphere, and it will take a couple of games to find their feet.

Even New Zealand were getting "slagged off" because they didnt get 90 points against Tonga , plus you have to remember that Argentina are a pretty decent side with a lot of very exprienced players.

The shit will "hit the fan" come the quarter-finals like it does in any World Cup tournament, when the going gets tough the tough get going

"Come on England"
            Attached Files
            Your got yer Mother in a whirl
            Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Some rather interesting results today in the sense that all the favorites won however the winning performances were underwhelming...

Comment

South Africa 17 Wales 16, that was a close one. Missed it but apparantly the Welsh were all over them. I believe it was 10 - 16 at one point.

Comment

Yep I see the game, Our Celtic Cousin should have won the game, felt sorry for them. I wish the Irish had played as well as Wales

No good at football, now no good at rugby , not a great time being Irish
                  Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

What about that Irish win over The Assuie's? Sublime stuff from the Irish pack, We killed them in the scrum...

Comment

Onwards and upwards, bring on the welsh...

Comment

(seamus @ Sep. 13 2011,01:16) Yep I see the game, Our Celtic Cousin should have won the game, felt sorry for them. I wish the Irish had played as well as Wales  

No good at football, now no good at rugby , not a great time being Irish  
                        Alright me old mucker, watch this space, i reckon the Irish will beat Wales and fecking do it! The old feckers o'gara and Driscoll will go for it like Johnson and co in Aussie 2003. They will not see another world cup and could surprise. Lets be realistic with the big nations its pretty open. Ok the Micks were shit in the friendlies, but i honestly think they will go all the way to the final!

They wont fucking win!

But they are a class team! Look at the last fecking 6 nations game, we the english knew before the start we wouldn't do the grand slam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you boys
                        i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

I shall eat My words LOL
                          I watched all the 6 nation games, all the friendlies & thought we didn't have much of a chance, I didn't see the Aussie game, but have watched all the others. Looking good Ireland

Marsh, your right We wont win, but we will give it a good go
                          Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Saturday October 8, 2011

France just beat England 19 -  12  

Wales beat Ireland 22 -10

Next round it's France against Wales

Comment

Yep its all down to the Taff,s. I think they should beat Johnny Frog. Oh they must be chanting Roast Beef in the cafe's in gay Paris today. Time we got our act together getting knocked out in the quarters. Hope they put them in steerage on the flight back..........Sod any upgrades

Comment

Working...
                              X