X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff baseball games on tv in bkk

Well, I am gettng ready for one of my usualy October trips to LOS. I used to spend most of my time in Pattaya and there were PLENTY of places to watch playoff baseball while having breakfast. If I were at home I wouldnt see the end of the games as they usually get over WAY tooi late-go figure! Anyhoo-I was wondering if any of you lot knew where I could go to watch the games, which usually begin at 0700 or so and they are on ESPN International. Anyone know of any bars/cafes that will be open at this time?? Angelo you reading this?

BB,

You need a hotel that is buying the Thai satellite TV service UBC's premium package which includes ESPN - go to espnstar.com for exact times.

Comment

Yea, BB, it's a drag to be in LOS during the World Series, especially if the Yankees are playing in it, and not be able to see a game or three. I hope that someone out there knows of a place to catch a game in the early morning hours. A good hearty breakfast, the Bangkok Post or Nation and a baseball game to occupy a few hours, man that is one fine way to start a day in Bangkok.

Comment

I know thats the plan!! nice breakkie and watch the game. I met this guy in Pattaya and we have been friends for years now watching the games together. He is a big Yankees fan but still OK though. He is a retired whoremonging ex pat and doesnt know of my prediliction for LB cock!

Comment

Hey BB, ever heard of a place in Bangkok called "bangers"? I read on another forum site that this places has all the games on during the playoffs and the World Series. From the sound of the name it would appear to be a British Pub of some sort. Hopefully a 411 request will turn up an address for this place.

Comment

Originally posted by (lipflipper @ Sep. 27 2004,13:14)
            , especially if the Yankees are playing in it,
            Yeah, a joy to watch the yankees lose!

Comment

No Flipper never heard of Bangers. Thanks for the heads up! Does anyone have more info regarding this establishments? Thanks for the info I will look into it!

Comment

Hey BB

If I make it to LOS next weekend, could be some work conflicts that will preclude the trip, then I have the MLB pass that we can use to get the games via the internet if nothing else, but since there isn't any broadband in Bangkok then it would probably be spotty at best.

Prediction

Yankees over Twins

Red Sox over A's or Angels

Cardinals over Giants/Cubs

Braves over Dodgers

Red Sox over Yankees finally

Cardinals over Braves

Cardinals over Red Sox

the curse continues........this time Franconna pull Martinez too early and the middle relief gets torched in Game 7

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Working...
                X