X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thailand Sim Cards

Hi, guys another brain pick. I am arriving with a chum next week and we will get seperated. Rather than calling the UK to speak to each other we are taking unlocked phones for the nightlife.

Is it like the Uk where there are vending machines that spit out cards at the airport. If not we are staying at the Majestic G. Where is nearby and is there a choice of provider which Pay as you go should we opt for. Part of our time is also in Pattaya.

Thanks once again for your knowledge, bit like a group of London cabbys.

Counting the days 6 till wheels up.

Although there are cheaper places, it is quick and convenient to get a SIM card at one of the many kiosks which are directly outside the exit from the Baggage Claim Area at Suvarnabhumi International Aiirport.

The counter staff speak basic English and will load the Sim Card for you.

THB 300 is a good amount to load in and should last your vacation.

If you need more you can always "top-up" at a Seven Elevn or Foodland, which you will find easily in Bangkok or Pattaya (or anywhere else in Thailand) and again, the counter staff will do the "top-up" for you.

I've used a number of Providers and found coverage excellent everywhere (better than the UK, Europe or USA).

Comment

Thank you as ever

Comment

Bobcat,

Once you get the number please PM it to me.

Steff

Comment

You can also get the SIM cards from 7/11 and Foodland besides the top ups, if you don't have time to get it on arrival from the airport kiosks.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
          Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread
          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

In January they were giving out sim cards at arrivals at Phuket

free of charge and with some credit - got a feeling they may have been for international calls only but the rates were amazing at only 1 baht/min

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

i think 12 call is the best and also for the people what only travel once a year and want to use the same number be sure to ask for a card which you can use after not using it for 12 months.
              previoesly i had just a normal 12 call card and if i did not use it within 6 month the card was cancelled.

Comment

Working...
              X