X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in the World is?

Many years ago I would jump in a taxi in Bangkok and ask the driver to take me somewhere good. These days I know where I want to go, but that approach did get me to some interesting places.

One I remember (I€™m talking 30 years ago) was a conference/banqueting room attached to a hotel. When I went in, there were a lot of people already seated and they seemed to belong to the coach parked outside. There was a small stage at ground level in the middle. The show consisted of the (by then) familiar ping pong balls, needles and darts etc, followed by live sex. For me the fun part was to watch the expressions on the tourists€™ faces. Many of them were young couples, and the girls screamed in disgust as ejecta from the star€™s pussy shot across the room. That was nothing compared to when the guy came in and she started blowing him. I can imagine €œDon€™t think I€™m going to be doing that later!€ the girls were thinking.

So in the spirit of research I was trying to remember where it was and what it was called. I had a feeling it was Asia Hotel, but I€™ve been there recently and, if it was there, then it has been heavily developed since and I did not recognise it.
    But searching Asia Hotel on the web I found it listed on www.cruisinggays,com, though the link to details is broken. And then on that site I found

€œSaphan Kwai Sex Theater:
    The front right section is claimed by the ladyboys, who charge 100 baht for a blowjob. The best action is at the back on the sides, where there are only three or four seats in a row. Lots of easy hookups all over the theater though. Nudity / Sexual Policy:Sex is everywhere, pretty blatant. Most people sit in a chair with their friend sitting or kneeling next to them, but some group gropes happen in the far back with men standing around with a few on their knees.€

Wow. Now if there is one thing that really turns me on it is public sex. I€™ve been a visitor to SOL for quite a few years (though these days there is such little traffic that one usually has the whole bar to oneself which is much less fun), and of course I have had happy times in naughty boy€™s corner. So this one should be well worth a visit. And I€™m due in Bangkok within the month.

But the instructions to get there are less than clear:

€œDirections:Skytrain to Saphan Kwai station on Pahonyothin Road. Almost directly across from Big C. Walk north from the skytrain station to Big C, then cross the street and turn right (north). There are two small sois to the left, one dead-ends at the theater, the other goes to the 39 Underground Sauna which is almost next door to the theater. These sois are between Suttisan/Pradhipat and Khampeng Phet. €œ

Now according to Google Earth
    a) Big C is SOUTH of Saphan Kwai Station, and
    b) 39 Underground Sauna is in Soi39 Pahonyothin which is about 5km North of the station.
    I€™ve tried joining the web site but received no email response. Possibilities are
    a) the web site is years out of date
    b) 39 Underground Sauna has moved
    c) The directions are wrong

And of course, the ultimate bummer (if you€™ll excuse the expression), they may have shut down years ago.

Anyone have any information on this?

(Squid55 @ Nov. 07 2010,15:37) But the instructions to get there are less than clear:

€œDirections:Skytrain to Saphan Kwai station on Pahonyothin Road. Almost directly across from Big C. Walk north from the skytrain station to Big C, then cross the street and turn right (north). There are two small sois to the left, one dead-ends at the theater, the other goes to the 39 Underground Sauna which is almost next door to the theater. These sois are between Suttisan/Pradhipat and Khampeng Phet. €œ
    I don't have any personal experience but I think I can help.

You hit the nail on the head that the directions are wrong for North  read South!      

I'm about 90% certain  Pradiphat 20  is where you are looking for.
    Here are a couple of links that tie in with your description  - Saphan Kwai nightlife  Gay bars in Saphan Kwai
    There is a further description here  39 Underground Sauna  that may help.

The description on the Cruisinggays.com   website suggest to me the two small sois opposite the  Paolo Memorial Hospital  but I think they have mixed up all their directions not just north and south!

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

Found some proper directions and a map location.

39 Underground    1511/39 Phaholyothin Rd, Soi Phaholyothin Theater (opposite Paolo Memorial Hospital, close to the Saphan Kwai Sky Train Station), Utopia Map, 02-279-1511. From the Saphan Kwai Sky Train Station, take Exit 1 and walk towards Pradiphat Rd, then take the 2nd lane on the right after AMB bank (less then 3 minutes). You will see the big sign for 39 Underground at the end of this small short lane. G/F has lockers, steam, sauna; 2/F has TV and a tiny gym area; 3/F dark rooms, 4/F roof top cruising area (most are not shy there). Theme nights. Cheap admission and popular with the local Thai crowd.
      Map

Click in the red flames just above the legend Samsen Nai   just to the left of and below centre.
      As you will see it is located in the soi opposite the Paolo Memorial Hospital at the northern side of the Big C shopping mall so my original idea as to the location was wrong.

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

Kahuna

Comment

will boldly go.... and take GPS

Comment

Actually no need for GPS. Just take Exit 1 from Station and at bottom of stairs do a 180 and head south. In less than 100m at the first alley turn in and 39 Sauna sign is visible at the end. Cinema is half way down on left hand side.

Entry fee Bt50.  Cinema almost empty; action at 6pm  on Saturday was almost non existent. After  10 minutes I was approached by a LB, passable in some places but not Bangkok standard. She gave me a covered BJ and I was unable to penetrate her armoured corsetry. Gave her Bt200 which seemed to satisfy her.  

Not really fun as the element of "doing it in public"was missing. Doubt I'll go back.

Comment

Probably it would be busy after about 8-8.30pm.

Well done anyway Squid for embarking on the expedition.  

I nominate you for an award of the LBF Hero Medal 2nd class.      

RR.

Kahuna

Comment

I'd second that RR, the location and scenario was definitely above and beyond

Comment

sounds like an interesting place,
                You Can Take Taneisha Out Of The Party, But You Can't Take The Party Out Of Taneisha  

http://imlive.com/_/0493/386493/SluttyTaneisha53628.htm

Comment

after 8 - as in Long Mint you mean? Yummy.

Actually the original post claimed the cinema closed at 8pm which is why I went at six.

OK back for another research next month.

Second Class    Hero

Comment

Working...
                  X