X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about "Guests"

This is probably a silly question, and probably one that can only be answered by the moderators.  I recently joined this site (as well as the pay site), and have been trying to catch up on some of the more interesting topics.  In reading "Dummy Plug's Excellent Adventure", I noticed that a lot of times comments made by people listed as "Guest unregistered" are responded to by DP or others by name (David, etc").  I know that you can click on the "Profile" button on registered board members, but how do the readers know the monikers of Guest? Am I missing something?  I've noticed it many times throught the threads. BTW, "excellent" is an understatement with regard to DP's adventures in particular and this Forum in general.

Usually it means someone who has not been active on the board for more than 6 months had their account removed ( after a reminder email is sent ). The post remains, but the information about the poster is gone.

Less often it means an account was removed for abuse or spamming.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

'Guests' are people who are past members and have either been deleted or expired.

We only delete the SPAMMERS or occasionally the odd asshole! But if a person doesn't sign in to the forum for 100 days then they will be removed from the database.
      If you don't agree with me then you're just plain wrong!  

Comment

Damn.... You got questions? We got answers!!! (Cheers, Snick!)

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. I don't think I posed my question properly. I should have used specific examples. For instance, a "Guest" posted a comment on DP's thread. DP responded "Thanks for the kind words David123au". How did DP know that the post under the name "Guest" was David123au since it's not showing on the board? This kind of thing happened throughout the thread and on other threads. Obviously this isn't very important, it's just driving me nuts with curiosity.
          Again, let me thank you for the site. It's got me up late at night trying to catch up on all the great posts from the past, and the pay site is spectacular.

Comment

At the time the posts were made they were registered members. If a board member is inactive (doesn't log onto the board for a set period of time - 100 days), then their accounts are pruned and removed from the database. Any posts they made still remain, but are now showing "guest". Any replies to those posts that include the username in the message will still show that name since it is simply text and not related to the board database.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
            Membership Levels
            The Rookie Thread
            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(Macman @ Jan. 06 2008,23:24) Thanks for the replies, guys. I don't think I posed my question properly. I should have used specific examples. For instance, a "Guest" posted a comment on DP's thread. DP responded "Thanks for the kind words David123au". How did DP know that the post under the name "Guest" was David123au since it's not showing on the board? This kind of thing happened throughout the thread and on other threads. Obviously this isn't very important, it's just driving me nuts with curiosity.
              Again, let me thank you for the site. It's got me up late at night trying to catch up on all the great posts from the past, and the pay site is spectacular.
              Are you a Newfie or are you from Arkansas?

Comment

(Fred_Nguyen @ Jan. 07 2008,00:05)
                (Macman @ Jan. 06 2008,23:24) Thanks for the replies, guys.  I don't think I posed my question properly.  I should have used specific examples.  For instance, a "Guest" posted a comment on DP's thread.  DP responded "Thanks for the kind words David123au".  How did DP know that the post under the name "Guest" was David123au since it's not showing on the board?  This kind of thing happened throughout the thread and on other threads. Obviously this isn't very important, it's just driving me nuts with curiosity.
                Again, let me thank you for the site.  It's got me up late at night trying to catch up on all the great posts from the past, and the pay site is spectacular.
                Are you a Newfie or are you from Arkansas?
                Are you on borrowed time?

Comment

Thanks, rxpharm.  That clears it up for me.  Fred, I've seen a few of your posts and a few of the things said about you.  Please lay down the rocks.  It's winter now and any holes in your glass house might be a problem.

BTW, Fred, the fact that you saw my post in the "New Members" section might have given you a hint as to at least half of your question. As for the second half, it's New York.

Comment

Working...
                  X