First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Night Arrival in BKK

Okay,
    **Breathe**
    I'm a little upset and im trying to work with the recent change imposed by my airline. They have changed my arrival time to 1030 PM. This screws up my lodging and i'm starting to feel overwhelmed, so i'm turning to the forum vets to help me out. I've never arrived at a hotel prior to a check in time, and I really want to avoid paying for a room in which I wouldnt be occupying until roughly 2:00am. I'm trying to find secured, semi-decent lodging for the first night in BKK as i'm landing at 10:30, and most likely will be collecting my baggage at 11:15-11:30pm.

Is there accomadations close to the epicenter of the action in BKK that caters to walk-in clients/ last minute bookings?
    How secure are guest houses or cheap hotels? (Im concerned of my luggage, cash, and passport etc)
    Prices?

My plans were to spend 3 nights bangkok, 7 nights pattaya, 7 nights samui, 1 night bkk , then back home.

Im starting to feel like im getting derailed off my plans, so any help is extemely appreciated.

PS. Im a future planner, so when hiccups come up, I tend to get a little silly......

Originally posted by YVR_Guy View Post
    Okay,
    **Breathe**
    I'm a little upset and im trying to work with the recent change imposed by my airline. They have changed my arrival time to 1030 PM. This screws up my lodging and i'm starting to feel overwhelmed, so i'm turning to the forum vets to help me out. I've never arrived at a hotel prior to a check in time, and I really want to avoid paying for a room in which I wouldnt be occupying until roughly 2:00am. I'm trying to find secured, semi-decent lodging for the first night in BKK as i'm landing at 10:30, and most likely will be collecting my baggage at 11:15-11:30pm.

Is there accomadations close to the epicenter of the action in BKK that caters to walk-in clients/ last minute bookings?
    How secure are guest houses or cheap hotels? (Im concerned of my luggage, cash, and passport etc)
    Prices?

My plans were to spend 3 nights bangkok, 7 nights pattaya, 7 nights samui, 1 night bkk , then back home.

Im starting to feel like im getting derailed off my plans, so any help is extemely appreciated.

PS. Im a future planner, so when hiccups come up, I tend to get a little silly......
    In the end don't you want a place to sleep and put your stuff when you get there? You are going to be jetlagged and really tired, do you really want to screw around trying to find a place to stay? Plus you then have to check out and go to another hotel the next day.
    I arrive in Bangkok around 10PM most of the time and usually get to my hotel between midnight and 1am. Sometimes I can even make it out for a beer if I am not to burnt out.

I guess I am not clear what you are trying to accomplish? Why not just book a room and stay there a few days, check out time is 11am or noon so it's not like you have to check out as soon as you get there. For continuity sake why don't you book the same hotel for several days, just because your first night is short so what?

You don't want to be going to a strange place arriving late at night and be hoping to find a room at the last minute.
    Sure there is dozens upon dozens of hotels in the Sukhumvit area, however how would you know which one has rooms or anything?
    Hotels are already so cheap, why would you want to go cheaper?
    Traffic is bad and the sidewalks can be dangerous and busy with people trying to haul your stuff around and find a place wouldn't be fun.

Why would this derail your plans? You probably just need to calm down and think.
    If you are booking for 3 or 4 nights in Bangkok you will probably get a better deal anyway.
    At the price of hotels in Bangkok you may save $10-20 by staying in a fleabag hotel when you get there.
    But you will still have to spend time finding a hotel and they will still charge you for a full night, which sounds like hell.

Saying you never arrive at a hotel after check in time is not really something that you could ever stick to if you are a world traveller.
    With time changes, itinerary changes, snow storms and all sorts of other problems you just don't arrive when you expect all the time.
    Sometimes all the flights come in at night and you have no choice.
    Anyway if you drop this crazy rule and realize that you aren't saving anything by not booking a hotel that night.

Seriously, i just don't see a huge problem.
    The beauty of Thailand is you can book great hotels cheap, if you arrive later the price makes up for it.
    Often Agoda has deals on 3 nights or more.

PS, there isn't great ladyboy action in Samui. Many of the girls from there go to Phuket for high season.

cheers.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Pretty much what CRAG said. That said, if you really really want to just find a place when you're on the ground, Khao San Road is probably your best bet. Cheap, crappy hotels that often have room for walk-ins.

But yeah, there's really no difference between an 8pm checkin time and a 2am checkin time. The hotel's the place to sleep (or take girls.) If you're paying $400 for a Hilton I'd understand wanting to maximize value, but if you're paying $30 bucks for some random hotel, who cares really.

I'd probably just book with Nana Hotel (assuming you want to pickup LBs from Nana.)

Comment

Hello CRAG and FunIsAnArtForm,

Thanks for taking the time to write and provide advice. I guess the part in which I was struggling with was the hotel costs of Samui. I had booked 2 hotels at the average cost of 180 CAD /pn. Bangkok is significantly cheaper in comparison to hotels around Nana than Samui. I'm finding hotels in Nana for around $65 CAD, which is great. Now I have to decide if I want to stay at the majestic or Aspen suites.

"Cheap" in my mind is less than $80.00/pn CAD, so its a great deal for in my opinion. My concern was being able to leave my belongings in a "cheap, $80/pn" hotel safe as i'll have my DSLR, passport, Tablet etc)

All international vacations i've taken in the past always had me on the ground by 6-8pm local time, so this was a bit of a change in which I haven't encountered before. My concern would be if the hotel dropped my reservation because I wouldn't be checking in until 1am, the next day.

I decided on Samui for downtime / R&R. I'm aware there is little action in Samui, but i'd love to relax on the beach for a few days with a beer in my hand, and get away from the LB hunt as Nana & Pattaya will fulfill that. As far as beaches, Phuket seemed fairly ideal too but i'm sure i'd get caught up chasing girls when my goal is to take a break from hunting.

I took a smaller stay in Nana because my wallet, and my manhood will be destroyed if I stay there too long.

Thank you everyone!

Comment

Hello CRAG and FunIsAnArtForm,

Thanks for taking the time to write and provide advice. I guess the part in which I was struggling with was the hotel costs of Samui. I had booked 2 hotels at the average cost of 180 CAD /pn. Bangkok is significantly cheaper in comparison to hotels around Nana than Samui. I'm finding hotels in Nana for around $65 CAD, which is great. Now I have to decide if I want to stay at the majestic or Aspen suites.

"Cheap" in my mind is less than $80.00/pn CAD, so its a great deal for in my opinion. My concern was being able to leave my belongings in a "cheap, $80/pn" hotel safe as i'll have my DSLR, passport, Tablet etc)

All international vacations i've taken in the past always had me on the ground by 6-8pm local time, so this was a bit of a change in which I haven't encountered before. My concern would be if the hotel dropped my reservation because I wouldn't be checking in until 1am, the next day.

I decided on Samui for downtime / R&R. I'm aware there is little action in Samui, but i'd love to relax on the beach for a few days with a beer in my hand, and get away from the LB hunt as Nana & Pattaya will fulfill that. As far as beaches, Phuket seemed fairly ideal too but i'm sure i'd get caught up chasing girls when my goal is to take a break from hunting.

I took a smaller stay in Nana because my wallet, and my manhood will be destroyed if I stay there too long.

Thank you everyone!

You should be able to stay in a 4 star hotel near Nana starting at $25 and up.
          I usually would never stay at anything less than 4 stars, if I don't have to.
          On Agoda.com filter by 4 star hotels in Sukhumvit area.
          If you are arriving late, just contact the hotel by email or whatever.
          I've never had an issue with losing a reservation on a multi day stay, especially when prepaying online.

Even staying in a crappy hotel one night you risk picking up bugs or something like that.
          Majestic Suites i know is ladyboy friendly, Aspen I've never heard of.
          Check the hotel section here as places like Dynasty Grande are 4 star and quite cheap and good, better setup than Majestic Suites I think.
          (Majestic Suites is in kind of a crappy spot.) Majestic Grande hotel is quite nice but a little stuffy for me.
          https://theladyboyforums.com/asiaboar...hotels-lodging

Those Samui prices are actually quite ridiculous for Thailand. You are going there right in high season and you may find that your "relaxing beach vacation" is over run with tourists. Samui was pretty much ruined once they put in the International airport.
          Possibly look at some other islands nearby or consider near Phuket.
          Another really good island option is Koh Chang, it is really quiet and never as busy or expensive as Samui and Phuket.
          Samui and Phuket you are fighting with the rich and famous that go there, so prices can sky rocket.
          Koh Chang is more of a locals retreat than those other islands.
          I know everything about Koh Chang.
          https://theladyboyforums.com/asiaboar...1242-koh-chang
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Crag as usual given you good advice. You don't have to fly out to Samui - the best years to visit it have passed, especially during high season. While I haven't been out to Koh Chang, most who have posted about their stay there enjoyed it and the big advantage is that it is probably less than 1/2 the price you would have paid for Koh Samui. I would review your 7 days relaxing on the beach - . You could do that in Jomtien does beside Pattaya beach, and of course the Koh Chang alternative as suggested by Crag.

As for security of your belongings - don't think a hotel room safe is secure - just take a look at these Youtube videos:

What I do is keep anything valuable out of sight - locked in one of my suitcases. Of course they aren't that secure either - but if you reduce temptation it is less likely something will get stolen. Many hotels will also offer "safe deposit" boxes at reception.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
            Membership Levels
            The Rookie Thread
            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

This is scary. I keep all my money without counting in the safe.

Comment

Okay,
                **Breathe**

Prices?

If your flight lands at 10.30pm, there is very high chance you would be in the hotel by midnight. At that time of night you are looking at 20-30 mins by cab to go Downtown. Just book the 3 nights at the same hotel as others have suggested. I'd also highly recommend the Dynasty Grande as a very good 4* mongers hotel. Nothing surprises the receptionists, they have seen it all before. The guest profile is also predominantly guys who find a new girlfriend every night they stay.

For what it's worth, I think Samui is a total rip off, however, there are still decent prices around. Don't assume that a well researched hotel at C$80 is going to be much worse than one for C$180. You might be trading off a better area but you would be saving shed loads of cash. Thai hotel owners often have a follow the $$$ approach whereby they believe if they just charge ludicrous prices, people will think it is an excellent hotel. That is very often, not the case and you just pay double the price with no increase in quality/value for money.

Comment

Working...
                X