Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holidays Coming Up

I may be in BKK in December

5th is the King's birthday and a National holiday .

11th is a National holiday .

Does anyone know if the bars and clubs shut or stay open?

Seem to remember the Eden Clun closed on the Queens birthday.

Also, is the election date still October or has the coup put paid to that inconvenience?

they will be closed. but in pattaya som might have staff and maybe serve you cola with extras. a couple of years ago the infamous blowjob bar star of light in patpong had their door half-open on the queens birthday .. but this was before the early closings.

Comment

Kings Birthday - Closed for sure
      The other holiday - probably not

There are no elections this October
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

On the topic of holidays.I'll be in Bangkok from December 22 -25.Will there be any "disruptions" in the bar scene over this period and is it necessary to book for the 3 days in advance or will there be lots of rooms left.Last time I thought I'll book for one day(August) and then just extent my stay but I was surprised that quite a few of the nice hotels around Nana was fully booked.

I know there's a topic where they mention all the nice hotels around Nana, but is Majestic and Dynasty Grande still your best stay for under 2000 Baht

Thanks!

Comment

Dynasty Grande is now 2280 bht...for a standard room...
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Thanks, so I guess I'll stick to the Majestic.I just read the accommodation forum and someone there mentioned the Grand Inn.Is it OK and how far is it from Nana Plaza?

Comment

5 Dec. is also celebrated as Father's Day. Since it falls on a Tuesday it is reasonable to expect (based on past years' experiences) that Monday, 4 Dec. will also be declared (at the last minute) a gov't/school/bank holiday, making it a 4-day weekend. Many people will be heading home to be with family. The naughty bars will be closed on 5 Dec., some beer bars will be open but not serving beer. Many bar-LB's will be walking around the area.

11 Dec is Monday observation of Constitution Day. Considering the Military has voided the current Constitution, while working on a new one, it does seem ironic to celebrate this holday this year? The naughty bars will be open.

Comment

(Snick @ Oct. 04 2006,08:49) There are no elections this October......
                Or, possibly, ever again.

Comment

Working...
                X