Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do the non-bar girls hang out?

So you guys maybe are checking out my post "In Heat in Bangcock"
    I've been giving you the "blow by blow" of my trip so far, so you know I have gone head over heals for Lala.

What IF I can't get her out of the club scene?
    .... thinking now about how to get the coveted expat job here paying the western paycheck now...

Where do all these fabled "beautiful, educated, non-working" LB's hang out? I know they are spread across the whole society, but there must be some type of areas/clubs akin to the Castro in SF that exist here.

Some of you guys actually live here in and around BK (lucky bastards - I hope to join you) so you know best what the scene is.. chime in please.

So; you want to give up looking for love in one type of nightclub in favour of some other (as yet unknown) nightspots!

I don't suppose it occured to you that the last place an educated 'nice' girl would be is ANY kind of nightclub!

Try shopping malls and university campuses. Try the bus! Try your local beauty salon.

I suspect that getting YOU away from the club scene is gonna be the hard part!

Comment

Yes Stogie.. you are right. Clubs are clubs. I was just thinking that might be a place that they gravitate to - like a certain mall or something. The point was IF and where it would be possible to find a girl who doesn't "work".

I like your university suggestion... hmmm... what % of the university girls are LB I wonder.

And ME... having a hard time staying out of NEP?
      I'll let you know in a few months...

Comment

I suspect that getting YOU away from the club scene is gonna be the hard part!
        .. haha, aint that the truth! I remember the 1st time I hit Subic Bay, Phil. as a 19 year old & thought I was in Hooker Heaven, even got stationed there a few years later & guess what hapened??  After a few months got tired of the noise & hookers & found other more interesting things to do with my time.  In the 2&1/2 years there never did check out the over 300 bars on the main drag like I told everyone I would, & even though I liked the hot dry season when everyone back home was freezing, I didn't care at all for the weeks of non-stop rain & humidity.. lesson learned; be careful what you think is paradise before you make life changing decisions..

Comment

How about this girl??? she has been chatting to me online tonight and is at Uni and desperately looking for some sanuk with farang (uni school fee's to pay LOL).

She does not work in a bar (apparently)

Cheers
          Mardhi
          Attached Files

Comment

stogie's right, can find "non-working" lb's in many places. salons are decent hunting grounds, though they may tend not to be univ grads - - I am "seeing" a bright, funny, and lovely lb I recent met at a salon - she's great fun, and we share an interest in great sex! have fun on the hunt

Comment

If your LB radar scope is operating then head to Q-Bar after 11p.m. and check out the HI-So type of LB'S that frequent this place. Chatting them up is a game in itself but your patience and your style will win them over. Yeah there will be a few bar types there but only after they have done a ST tryst and then these LB'S tend to be more glamorous and with more attitude but what the fuck you in Bangkok so go with the flow and have a great time. I know I did for 8 years.

Comment

I met a few ladyboys on my last trip that I originally chatted to online. There are several Thai-oriented "social networking" sites similar to say MySpace, Facebook, or Friendster that obviously have tons of ladyboys online. I probably talked to 15-20 or so, and as long as you seem like a decent guy, you'll probably be able to strike up some type of friendship and talk them into meeting with you. The ones I met were all cute, nice, and far different than any bar girl you will meet. I'll detail more in my trip report, but its like a night and day difference.

Additionally, as Stogie said, you'll find LBs in all places. I know he has recommended universities, but I don't know how exactly you are supposed to - ahem - penatrate this market. What if you're not exactly of university age??? I'm open to suggestions here.
                I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(gsr911 @ Sep. 19 2006,14:58) thinking now about how to get the coveted expat job here paying the western paycheck now
                  I think this might be the biggest of your troubles!
                  I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Get your ass out to Huai Kwang for a few days, since my move here iv'e had some great encounters, since i got back last week iv'e got into two more, one from a bridal photo studio, and one from a beauty parlour down the street, there everywhere, if you have the time.

Comment

Sage advice. I've heard Huai Kwang is pretty much ladyboy central. I know based on personal experience that certainly a lot of working girls hang out there and visit the night market after work to eat. And as we all know, ladyboys travel in packs, so there must be some of their non-working friends not too far behind.

Comment

Last time i was at Q-Bar ,about a month ago , I saw no LB's inside , and saw some being knocked back at the door as i was leaving , didnt seem very LB friendly at all .

Comment

LB's are NOT allowed into Q BAR anymore unless they know the owners and even then its difficult. Applies to hi-so's as well as hookers.

Cheers
                          Mardhi

Comment

where is Huai Kwang

Comment

: Four stops from Sukhumvit/Asok interchange, take underground going to Bang Sue. Open plan coffee shop at crossroad is good for spotting, but you do need to spend time at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X