Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Experienced Punter

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Hope all you experienced Nana Plaza punters out there can help me with a question. I'm a hopeless butterfly man, in spite of (or maybe because of) the fact that I'm a hopeless romantic. What can I say? I love all the ladies (well, most of 'em, anyway). But it seems as if a lot of the Thai ladyboys have an issue with this, judging from what I read here on the forum. I'm not a total noob (just where Thailand and ladyboys/TGs are concerned, although I could swap a few juicy stories with Post-Op Lover), and I've only once ever encountered a working girl who got jealous. I had arranged a short-time liason with a lovely Mongolian girl in Harry's Bar in Honk Kong (I know there has to be a few of you that know where Harry's is, lol), and it was so awesome that when she suggested an overnighter for a reasonable additional fee, I was all for it (hottie + GFE + freak = LT!). We went back down to the bar for drinks and dancing first, and at one point she got really upset because she noticed I was admiring some of the many other lovelys from all over the world that hang out at Harrys. I was surprised and a little mystified by this -- it never occurred to me that a sex worker could be jealous of a customer. I suppose it all has to do with maintaining face, a concept that I'm just beginning to grasp after several trips to Asia.

Anyway, as I'm planning an upcoming trip to Thailand and the PI in several months, and have read about everyone's adventures -- one Dummy Plug comes to mind -- I'm worried because it seems as if the BKK Ladyboys get upset with butterflies like myself. I'm just wondering, say for example, if I barfine one lovely in Obsessions one night, and we have a nice time, and I go back there the next night, and decide I want to play with someone else, is this going to be a big issue? Will I be marked as that one young lady's territory? Will I have to head to Temptations instead? How do you all handle it if it is a problem? And before anyone pipes up and says it, yes, I know, I'm paying for it, I'm the boss, etc., etc., I know this. But I don't want to upset the girls anymore than I have to -- yes, I'm paying them, but they're people too. I'm not a bleeding heart by any means, but as I say, I love 'em all, and I don't want to make anyone unahppy; I'd rather avoid any unpleasantness, if I can. Besides, I feel like I should mind my karma in a country that's 95% Buddhist -- seems like a good time to stick to the Golden Rule.

Of course, if the roles were reversed (if only it were true), I couldn't imagine being jealous of my customers. I'd like to hear from any of the girls that hang out on this board, too (specially you Cebu cuties ), if any care to chime in with their thoughts on butterflies.

-- 4:17

P.S. As this is my innaugural post on this particular forum, just want to say thanks for all the trip reports and great information and observations that the regulars here provide. Just can't find this stuff in Foders or Lonely Planet. Hopefully I'll be able to return the favor here before too long ...

This question comes up time & time again: General answer is, TELL THEM your a butterfly so there is no room for misunderstandings, next night when you go to their bar, buy them a drink, which shows you are still "friends", THEN go get a new girl. Most everyone will be happy(ish) with this, but of course you might still get the pouty looks, the cold shoulder, or the daggers in ya back looks, all depending on last night, and the girl you took. Sounds like with your attitude things will be sweet.

Comment

The LB's in all the bars call me an airport now - it used to be helicopter and before that a butterfly - just keep smiling and happy and it works wonders. But as Torurot says make it clear at the outset and do not promise something and fail to deliver - that is a big cause of resentment and trouble brewing (e.g OK i come see YOU tonight, and then promptly barfine her colleague). Incidentally the background to the issue is more acute when you have taken one girl a couple of times and then move onto someone else - perception and back stabbing between the girls is "oh XX you not look after farang good, he go look elsewhere" - thats where the face thing comes into play. Keep making it clear your a HUGE butterfly will mean everyone understands it and nobody loses (much) face.

Cheers
      Mardhi

Comment

All the advice given is very accurate. In bullet points.
        1. Tell them you are a butterfly as early as you can.
        2. Before they leave after short time or long time, re-iterate that you might come back to their bar the next day and might choose another lady.
        3. If you had a nice time with her make sure you let her know but do not make promises to see her again. If she asks just say you are a butterfly.
        4. If you go into her bar again do not ignore her and say hello and buy her a drink or give her a small tip.

Not speaking from experience of course    

Comment

(mardhi @ Sep. 11 2006,06:51) The LB's in all the bars call me an airport now - it used to be helicopter ...
          Helicopter ... that's awesome.

Thanks for the good advice all -- Mardhi, Ozzie, Tor. Figured it was just a matter of common sense and remaining honest for the most part, but it's good to have your sage, veteran advice. Now in a few months' time I'll be able to begin the long and arduous task of establishing my own helicopter status

Comment

What Oz said and

1) Switch bars a bit

2) Don't take the same girl 3 times in a row, or she'll start telling everyine you are her boyfriend. And then lose face.

3) Take two girls - That really proves you're a butterfly

4) Say you are a friend of Dummy Plugs !
            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Thats all great advice, too bad I made so many rookie mistakes last month

Hey...so my an expert now?
              You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

I've heard this is dangerous for your health.
                I don't get it, is this a magic show?

Comment

(andre459 @ Sep. 12 2006,11:34)
                  I've heard this is dangerous for your health.
                  I would say thats akin to playing Russian Roulette, only with a fully loaded handgun. Do this at your own risk!
                  I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

4:17 to petite ladyboy: "DP? Double penetration? Um sure, I guess ... it's your bum "

"Oh, Dummy Plug. Never heard of him."

"OK, If I see a guy out on the street carrying an airconditioner, I'll come find you."

Now that I've made a DP/aircon joke, I feel like I'm really part of the forum.

Comment

(Snick @ Sep. 11 2006,22:19) 3) Take two girls - That really proves you're a butterfly
                      I like this advice I like the way you think.

Guess I better up my daily mileage and take some more vitamins and protein shakes to get my stamina up before my trip ...

Comment

(four17 @ Sep. 12 2006,13:24) 4:17 to petite ladyboy: "DP? Double penetration? Um sure, I guess ... it's your bum   "

"Oh, Dummy Plug. Never heard of him."

"OK, If I see a guy out on the street carrying an airconditioner, I'll come find you."

Now that I've made a DP/aircon joke, I feel like I'm really part of the forum.  
                        Welcome to the forum!
                        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

(Snick @ Sep. 12 2006,04:19) 4) Say you are a friend of Dummy Plugs !
                          I see you are learning fast...
                          So DO NOT tell them you are a friend of DP or They will be asking AC for LT...
                          And Ozzei is spot on....But helicopter ... Me Sputnik....
                          So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

one word of advice, ditch every ladyboy that play mindgames calling you butterfly, airport, skylab etc. its all bullshit and its your holiday.
                            to make them shut up, quote a scene from kill bill 1:
                            "i am buck and i am here to fuck!"

Comment

or, tell the girl you love her and only her. Then do the same to another girl on the second night, and repeat.
                              Soon you too will be Big Liar Man
                              "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Working...
                              X