Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening a new division

Ok, you techies outthere, have mercy of this computer illiterate
    I'm thinking of opening a new division within my company, dealing with a differentiated line of products, and so with a new logo/image.
    Would be good to have a very simple website, even just of one/two pages only and where I can easily put hands on since I know nothing of HTML language.
    The website should have one or more e-mails addresses with good capacity and configured similarly to Outlook Express or Eudora.
    I've seen the Yahoo business mail plan that seems good but surely there maybe other better (??) alternatives.
    Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

(Looker @ Feb. 10 2008,15:28) I've seen the Yahoo business mail plan that seems good but surely there maybe other better (??) alternatives.
    Take a look at Gmail.com

Comment

That was my first instinct! Gmail is fantastic!

But for web design you'll probably have to be a bit more specific about your requirements.

Comment

You can still use Outlook Express and Eudora to check your mail on your new domain.

If you plan to sell products on your site maybe HTML isn't the best option, how many products were you thinking of selling?

There's a lot of things to take into account when setting up online, especially if considering selling products.

I've made kathylc  

Comment

I think he is talking about a simple website to show product items, and handle a few emails.

Yahoo small business is a good choice, its relatively cheap, has tools for designing web pages etc..

There are a million options, but Yahoo is a good one for someone without a lot of expirience doing this kind of thing.
          They can handle domain registration, web hosting and design, and email.
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(Snick @ Feb. 10 2008,18:46) I think he is talking about a simple website to show product items, and handle a few emails.
            Exactly Snick!

I don't need to do e-biz. Just showing a bit what the division is handling with a few pics and text, and some website links.

I can't handle HTML

Anything similar to Yahoo mail in Google department?

Thank to you all for the answers!
            Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

To be honest I think that using these 'Yahoo!' services shows a lack of professionalism.

They look tacky and they won't exactly create much of a commercial identity for you.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Feb. 10 2008,19:47) To be honest I think that using these 'Yahoo!' services shows a lack of professionalism.

They look tacky and they won't exactly create much of a commercial identity for you.
                Sure, I realize that. But the domain seems to be a main one, not a sub domain, if I have understood that right.
                Not sure about how the website looks like, if there is a choice of those pre-made layout ones that in fact I'm not very fond of, or if you can configured them with colors and text as you like, within limitations of course.

Comment

Business Mail $9.95/month.
                  Today's customers expect the professional touch. With this email solution especially designed for small businesses, you get your own domain (e.g., [email protected]) with ten email accounts, unlimited storage space, POP access, no third-party ads, and more.

This is what I mean as advertised by Yahoo.

Comment

That seems like a good deal...

I'm sure you (or someone) can custom build your site after you have gone through the registration etc...

Is the list of products you want to show static or always changing?

Comment

What are the future requirements?

What seems good now might not be at all suitable in 6 months time.

Yahoo seems ok but there are better deals to be had out there, which have all those features and more, including vouchers for Adwords, Yahoo etc. etc.

What type of business is it for?
                      I've made kathylc  

Comment

The products are specialized equipment from Europe and will just be illustrated with a few pics and some general text.
                        Link to the manufacturers websites maybe there too in order to further gather more specific info, Pdf. catalogues, specifications and others.
                        There maybe very occasional changes to include or remove some pics or part of the text, but nothing on weekly basis, probably not even on monthly basis.

Comment

Have a look at http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/Hosting

They are reliable and easy to use for beginers as well as being more than suitable for your needs.

I've made kathylc  

Comment

Thank you Monkey. Yes, it seems quite interesting too and likely much more than what I will ever need.
                            Will try to compare with yahoo which one is easier to use. Last thing I need it's to get stuck in building a page of a website and don't want to bother anybody to help me

Comment

pm me if you get stuck, I don't mind helping you out.

I've made kathylc  

Comment

Working...
                              X