X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snipping

(Anthony Mustang  Posted on: May 15 2009)  

Love to know how you copied the pic though.

BM Anthony Mustang posed a question under this linked post - below is the answer

Snipping Tool
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Snipping Tool

A component of Microsoft Windows

Details
    Included with Windows Vista, Windows 7
    Snipping Tool is an application included in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Experience Pack for Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005. It was originally released as a powertoy for the Tablet PC launch on November 7, 2002. The program is a screen-capture tool that allows taking screenshots (called snips) of an open window, rectangular areas, a free-form area or the entire screen. Snips can then be annotated using a mouse or a tablet, saved as an image file (PNG, GIF, or JPEG file) or an HTML page, or e-mailed.

Options
    There are a number of options that can be changed in the Snipping Tool by clicking on the options button on the menu, once clicked you will be presented with two groups of options.

Application
    Hide instruction text - Hides the instructional text displayed by snipping tool.
    Always copy snips to the Clipboard - Places the snipped image on the clipboard allowing you to paste it into another programs such as a word processor.
    Include URL below snips (HTML only) - If you take a snip of an Internet Explorer page and save the snip as a Single HTML or MHT file, the URL of the page will be displayed below the snip.
    Prompt to save snips before exiting - If the snip has not been saved then on exit of the program the user will be prompted to save the snip.
    Show screen overlay when Snipping Tool is active - When the Snipping Tool is active a transparent white overlay will be displayed across the screen, when making a snip, your snip select is shown without the white overlay.

Selection
    Ink color - Sets the color of the Ink used when drawing on a snip.
    Show the selection ink after snips are captures - When checked it shows a colored selection border around the snip.

Other Options
    After a snip has been captured a few more options become available, from the tools menu you can select Pen and then Customize.... Here you can create a custom pen with the option to change the Color, Thickness and the Tip of the pen. you can also "highlight" on the snip.
    Direct Link to wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipping_Tool Article

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
    Applies to: Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, Ultimate.

You can use Snipping Tool to capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image. Simply use a mouse or tablet pen to capture any of the following types of snips:

€¢ Free-form Snip.  Draw an irregular line, such as a circle or a triangle, around an object.

€¢ Rectangular Snip.  Draw a precise line by dragging the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.

€¢ Window Snip.  Select a window, such as a browser window or dialog box, that you want to capture.

€¢ Full-screen Snip.  Capture the entire screen when you select this type of snip.

After you capture a snip, it's automatically copied to the mark-up window, where you can annotate, save, or share the snip.

Snipping Tool

Note When Snipping Tool is open, a white overlay appears on your screen until you capture a snip. To turn off the overlay, open Snipping Tool, and then click Options. In the Snipping Tool Options dialog box, clear the Show screen overlay when Snipping Tool is active check box, and then click OK.

Show all
    Show allHide all

To capture a snip
    1.  Open Snipping Tool by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Snipping Tool.

2.  Click the arrow next to the New button, select a snip type from the menu, and then use your mouse or tablet pen to capture a snip.

To capture a snip of a menu
    If you want to capture a snip of a menu, such as the Start menu, follow these steps:

1.  Open Snipping Tool by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Snipping Tool.

2.  After you open Snipping Tool, press ESC, and then open the menu that you want to capture.

3.  Press CTRL+PRINT SCREEN.

4.  Click the arrow next to the New button, select a snip type from the menu, and then use your mouse or tablet pen to capture the menu.

To annotate a snip
    €¢ Use a mouse or tablet pen to write on or around the snip.

To save a snip
    1.  Click the Save Snip button.

2.  In the Save As dialog box, enter a name for the snip, choose a location to save the snip in, and then click Save.

To share a snip
    €¢ Click the arrow on the Send Snip button, and then select an option from the menu.
    Direct Link to Windows Help on the Use of Windows Snipping Tool

My Personal favourite is MWSnap - Freeware

MWSnap - screen capture tool

MWSnap is a small yet powerful program for taking scren captures of a desktop, an active window,menu, or a specified part of the screen. The program supports BMP, JPG, TIFF,PNG and GIF formats, with user selected color depth and quality settings. It also includes a zooming tool, a screen ruler and a color picker as well as system wide hotkeys and preset selection sizes. A very nice program, one of the best - if not the best, you can currently find for free.
    Direct Link to MW Snap Download Site
    Attached Files

Built into my mac  
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Woohoo thanks!

Got a few pvt pics sent I havent' been able to download from that site
      Anthonymustang

Comment

(Snick @ May 15 2009,09:06) Built into my mac  
        Is that the dirty brown one you wear when you're hanging around outside girls schools?

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
        Kahuna

Comment

you completely lost me on that one, must be your dry British humor....or your brain tumor, some days its hard to tell which.
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I was tempted by a similar joke but I figured it would be lost in translation.

For those who don't get it, here's a definition:   Mac - Short for mackintosh (a raincoat)
            Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(Road Runner @ May 15 2009,19:10)
              (Snick @ May 15 2009,09:06) Built into my mac  
              Is that the dirty brown one you wear when you're hanging around outside girls schools?        

RR.
              And make sure there are plenty of pockets for those boiled lollies
              Anthonymustang

Comment

'Little girl you have a hair on your sweetie'

'Yes and I'm only 12'

RR.
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                Kahuna

Comment

I am lost...

Is that a piece of software with a manual and all to achieve more or less the same as...
                  Attached Files

Comment

(manarak @ May 16 2009,03:00) I am lost...

Is that a piece of software with a manual and all to achieve more or less the same as...
                    Nope as a few sites don't allow you to either print or copy directly from thier sites.

And the fact that I don't have printer makes it a tad difficult as well
                    Anthonymustang

Comment

Yes...

It's irrelevant what restrictions a website page attempts to place or any specific image or images on a page as the PrintScreen ignores that. Also printing is only one option available with the PrintScreen key manarak showed.

Pressing PrintScreen on a Windows PC places an image of the current highlighted window into the clipboard, or alternatively ALT+PrintScreen takes an image of the whole screen to the clipboard.

From there you can paste the content of your clipboard into another application (CTRL+P) such as image manipulation software or a document. From there you can do with it what you want.
                      Meum cerebrum nocet

Comment

Working...
                      X