Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logged in, but I cannot edit my posts

Very strange.
    It is several times now that I want to edit a post, and the system rejects me (sorry you do not have permission to edit this message).
    Here is what is says:

You will notice that I am logged in (jprc2), and I cannot edit even if the system says that I am logged in with the name user name!

- the text I wanted to edit is the post
    https://theladyboyforums.com/cgi-bin....y414257
    (I wanted to remove obsolete and misleading information)
    - I typed this post in the same browser session as when I tried to edit it: I did not close IE or logged out, or had my computer going in standby/sleep mode
    - it happened several times with other posts yesterday.
    - if I type a post, then after saving it, edit it again right away, it works. If I navigate to another thread then later on go back to a post, it won't let me edit
    - Security software are: fully updated McAfee Total Security and Defender. The "web site control" feature  for McAfee is always desabled. IE8 is set up with standard settings.

What I did:
    - Thinking I could be silently logged out, I opened another IE window (not another tab), and typed the forum's address: I was logged in already.
    - thinking that perhaps I simply opened a saved web image (showing my login from an obsolete page), I browsed the forum: I was correctly registered under "jprc2" and could access any part of my control panel.
    - I try randomely to edit ANY posts I created since I registered: same message as in the print shot above...
    - I logged out, then deleted all temp files for IE; shut down the computer; restart IE then logged in again. Still cannot edit
    - I do not have this problem in other forums and it seems to be specific to here.

What I will do
    - After posting this report, I will immediately try to edit it again
    - then I will post somwhere else and go back later to this post, and try to see if I a rejected or not, ten report here.

System used:
    W Vista Ultimate, IE 8 fully updated, on a Dell laptop XPS M1730, 4Gb ram, raid-1 (I had some troubles with 1 very specific engineering application because of raid-1, but this should not be an issue with a regular application)

Weird.
    Any idea of what can go wrong? (nothing urgent!)
    I saw nothing in this forum saying that, perhaps, the "edit" function is limited in time, and desabled if the user tries after a "lease" expires...
    Of course, I can live without editing, but I dislike spamming a forum when I can update a single post...

(1 mn later) clicking immediately on edit, without moving away from the opened thread works.

(5 mn later) I closed the tab with the thread, and loaded the message again. I can edit my post. I am now going to try the same but will wait post a new message in another thread before coming back here...
    a froggy, lost in translation and in Africa... and no, I am not the one on the pic swinging a club ... I am the one holding the pin !!!

There is a time limit you can edit your posts. Once 3 hours has passed the post can no longer be edited by a member.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

3 hours!!
      I did not know I was that slow...
      Impossible to centralize and update an information post that contains some data then. Good to know.
      Aie aie  caramba !!! I am afraid I get too old for this fast-food tec...
      where is the blushing icon?...

Thank you rxpharm (your avatar is gorgeous!).
      a froggy, lost in translation and in Africa... and no, I am not the one on the pic swinging a club ... I am the one holding the pin !!!

Comment

(jprc2 @ Jul. 20 2009,00:47) where is the blushing icon?...
        Here ya go!
        Attached Files

Comment

jprc2, you're welcome! My avatar is Jeab a postop from Phuket who was featured in ATS. If you would like I can delete the post about the travel information which you can not edit and post the new information.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
          Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread
          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

It would be great if you can delete the part in https://theladyboyforums.com/cgi-bin...t=#entry414257 where I quote a misleading information from another web site!

Actually. as I gave wrong travelling information, i think it is fair if I do now some researches in official thai transportation web sites, and put them together in a new and coherent post quoting verifiable sources - when available.

I do not feel well thinking that some one took the burden of correcting my own mistakes.
            You have wasted enough time already with me...
            Thank you!!!

(I log right away in ATS...)

Comment

I have adjusted that thread!

Cheers...

Stogie

Comment

Can anyone override this 3 hour window?

It would be nice to be able to make corrections for a week or two when you realize you've made an error and would like to avoid the public embarrassment of having to correct yourself in a subsequent post !!!

Comment

Working...
                X