Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(ramboz @ Jan. 28 2010,16:46) It's just a color 'ETCH - A - SKETCH' !!

DANNO

Comment

(azza33 @ Jun. 06 2010,07:27) Typical of apple... why the need for a half size sim card....
      Make room for the memory card slot!
      SHEMALE.CENTER
      World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Or perhaps another way to make their machine more proprietary

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(Snick @ Jun. 06 2010,19:15) They overheat at the Beach too.
          I'll be taking a book the beach, and leaving my iPad in the room.
          Overheating confirmed.
          Took mine to the pool today. 15 minutes of reading and the screen went black except for a big "temerature" warning.
          While it worked the screen was "ok" in the bright sun. Buy u had to change the angle a bit as you read.
          In this contest
          book 2 - iPad 1
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

My Dad has an iPad and a Kindle, he says the Kindle actually works better in direct sunshine than the iPad. Other than that, he loves his iPad and has passed the Kindle down to his wife (she gets his technology hand-me-downs).

I'm into my second week with my iPad and I've actually sold 2 to friends and associates that have played with mine then gone directly to the Apple store to buy there own.

I'm not sure how I survived without one, and I still haven't done any traveling, which was the main impetice for purchasing one.

I love it.
            Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

(deepthroat @ Jun. 20 2010,11:35) ...and I've actually sold 2 to friends and associates that have played with mine...
              I hope you are still referring to your iPad...      

Relax, I am just jealous as I want one too...        
              Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(azza33 @ Jun. 06 2010,10:35) DT i do love my iphone ... think its a great little device.
                My netbook is great too and provides the same portability advantages of a ipad, relative to the bulkier old notebooks.

I just can't see the point of the ipad at this stage... but acknowledge it will be a success in the short term - as i already said... congrats to Apple for an extraordinary marketing campaign on this device.
                I have a netbook - bought a Samsung one at Powerbuy in Central World in BKK which has been burnt down now, last year for some 200 Euro - of course the exchange rate was still very good back then.

But I still am planning on buying an iPad once it becomes available in Thailand or China where I will be next.

WHY?

1. My netbook is my emergency PC as I have switched to a MacBook recently. I also use it as my download machine here in Cambo as that wireless USB-stick I bought does not work with Macs yet. So, it is usually busy with pirating things off the net.

2. When I want to read a magazine or book in pdf format, I constantly have to scroll as I never get the entire page on that 10" landscape format screen and be able to read it.

3. I often would not need a keyboard and def not one which takes up more than 50% of the whole netbook.

4. The netbook is still heavy and needs to be recharged too often.

5. I like to read when in restaurants or coffee shops or when lying in bed. At the spur of the moment, I might like to check my e-mail or some sites on the net, or watch a podcast video, etc. I expect that the iPad will be ideal for this with no cables, transformers or space wasted 4 hardware I will not use (e.g. the keyboard).

6. I hate trackpads but find the touchscreen of my little iPod Touch simply amazing.

7. Yes, I admit I like Apple products but my first one was an LC back in the very early 90ies. I have used Macs 4 a very long time, then switched to PC 4 business reasons, now I am back with Apple and it has been a wonderful homecoming. Apart from liking the design, they make my decision-making process so much easier - one manufacturer and a streamlined product line.
                I don't really care so much whether they cost 100 or 200 bucks more as so far I have experienced that they are more reliable, have fewer flaws in my daily workflow and I can trust that Apple and Steve Jobs as the front man know that they have a community which expects performance and quality.

People who know me personally know that I am very hard to please. But so far Apple has not failed me, so why change a winning team ...

Amen :-)

But of course, this is my very personal take on this!

Comment

I completely agree with you Chinaman & I think the anti-Apple brigade are being a little disingenuous.

I understand JaiDee's plight with poor access to his cellphone network (in America? Who'd'a thunk it?) but others will see the light one day.

Unless they are completely bloody minded...
                  Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

I am certainly not condemning PCs, why would I. I am sure that everybody has a reason why they buy one over another product. Price is often a very decisive factor but what looks economical at first could turn out costly in the long run.

Funny enough, I trust Apple and more so this guy in jeans and his black sweater. More so than Microsoft or any other software or hardware company, Apple is constantly walking on the tightrope with the world's eyes on them waiting for them to stumble or fall.

People can say whatever they want about Apple, but if they criticize the design of the products, I would not know what they might be looking for. Like calling a Porsche an ugly car. The other thing is that Apple has changed the IT-World over and over again and consumers are not stupid, not as a target group.

Advertising, marketing, the entire hype play a part in this but no way will thousand and millions of people buy products and repeatedly buy them if they were crap.

I am waiting for the new OS4 4 the iPod Touch, which should be out by tomorrow?

I know I could jailbreak it, but I want folders and the new OS will be free anyway ...

Comment

Working...
                    X