X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard Issues

In the last few days I've been having some probvlems with the left side of my keybpoard. It's difficult to get those keys to work when I first boot up, but then it seems to be OK.

This ever happen to anybody else?

The beginning of the end for my laptop?

told you before PD buy a Mac !!!!!!

SW „¢
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CT8982

Comment

More likely it's the keyboard PD.  A problem with the computer would mean the whole keyboard would not respond.

It may be you are heavy fingered with some of the keys and you have broken or disturbed one of the very small copper tracks under the keys.

Alternatively it may be too many cookie crumbs (or other less salubrious substances!  )  have got under the keys.

Either way a new keyboard should fix it and in LOS should not be more than about 1500 Baht to buy and get installed.

EDIT: Just thought - it maybe the plug for the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard has worked partly loose - that would explain it working when the laptop is warmed up.

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

PD, I think RR may have the problem diagnosed. It is possible to have the keyboard of your laptop replaced as well. I am not sure if Pattaya has the same repair shops as Pantip Plaza (you will have to wait until the fighting in BKK stops). I know an excellent repair shop there called Win Systems - if it is a common brand he can change it out for you in 30 min or so. In the meantime you can pick up an external keyboard from Tuk Com for around 50 Baht and use that until you can get it fixed.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Thanks Techies!

Right now, it's working OK though I did have the same problem when I first booted up.

Since the computer does work at this time, I'm extremely reluctant to have anyone messing around with it.

RX, 50 baht for a keyboard? Did u leave out a 0?

Comment

I'd guess more like 50 to 100 baht for an external keyboard...They are pretty cheap PD...

EDIT: If you buy one PD be certain it is an English version and not Thai...
            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

If you do buy an external keyboard make sure it's a USB one and not a PS2 plug. (Yes they still sell 'em!)
              SHEMALE.CENTER
              World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

(kahuna @ May 16 2010,21:21) EDIT:  If you buy one PD be certain it is an English version and not Thai...
                Hey you just gave me a good idea as I'm not really thrilled with any Thai virtual keyboards.

Had no idea, I know I'm that you could buy a Thai keyboard to plug into a laptop.

Comment

New sympton, my screen is flickering a bit. Given that this has never happened before I'm thinking this could somehow be related to the keyboard issue.

Comment

Time to buy new computer

SW
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/CT8982

Comment

When was the last time it was cleaned? Every six months at least for a Thailand based computer.

It's very dusty here and I'll bet you'll be shocked when the nice chaps at the local IT center pull it apart and see what's inside.

Please PLEASE don't say that you've never had your laptop cleaned!

Expect to pay about 800 baht for a proper job which if I were you I'd sit down with them and watch! I do!
                      SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

(Bumpa STIKKA @ May 16 2010,23:55) Please PLEASE don't say that you've never had your laptop cleaned!  
                        Guess there's not much I can say then.

Comment

(PigDogg @ May 17 2010,08:38) New sympton, my screen is flickering a bit.  Given that this has never happened before I'm thinking this could somehow be related to the keyboard issue.
                          Again that makes me suspicious that the plug that connects the keypad to the rest of the computer has worked slightly lose - it is probably making/breaking contact.

If you are confident about opening up the case and unplugging/pressing the plug home you can sort it out yourself.
                          You can vacuum the inside of the case while you are there.
                          (I can see all the computer experts cringing at this point! But carefully used there is no problem with the vacuum method.)

Otherwise as BS says drop into Tutkom and find someone there who will do it.

RR.
                          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                          Kahuna

Comment

Well... 'vacuuming' your laptop probably won't hurt, but the biggest menace is the gunk attached to the cooling fans which have to be cleaned properly.

If you have a regular 'people cooling' fan in Thailand take a look at the blades. Pretty grimy, eh? Well this is exactly what is going on inside your laptop, too!
                            SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

(PigDogg @ May 17 2010,20:06)
                              (Bumpa STIKKA @ May 16 2010,23:55) Please PLEASE don't say that you've never had your laptop cleaned!  
                              Guess there's not much I can say then.      
                              Well, I am as guilty as you are then. Next week, if you like we can make an expedition to Tukcom together and get our laptops cleaned. That little shop back in the far right corner I went to before can surely handle it.

I got a problem with mine too, and cleaning may help it. My DVD drive has slowed down and when I watch DVDs on it now, while the audio goes along fine, the video stutters about half the time, or is herky jerky. I'm struggling here to find the right word to describe it.
                              “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                              ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Working...
                              X