Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Mobile Phone in the LOS

I need to replace my smartphone.

I've got an old HTC1000 (shown on the left) which would be perfect if it was more stable, didn't crash every odd week and was quicker to ring (sometime a call takes up to 10 seconds before the phone rings). And after 90 minutes of talking, the battery is low.

Requirements:
    - can synchronize with Outlook for kalendar, contacts
    - could be cool if it was capable of email
    - full hardware keyboard
    - not simlocked
    - has good battery life (I want 4 hours of talktime)

any ideas?

iPHONE :-)

but no hardware keyboard although you could use a bluetooth one if needed

I know that is not what you wanted to hear

Comment

Have to agree with Chinaman on this one:

I have used Samsung and Nokia windows based smart phones and sooner or later they corrupted or started to hang and applications failed. In other words typical bloody MS platform.

The Missus talked me into an Iphone and I am very very impressed. (And if you need reading glasses as I do it was a pleasant surprise that numbers and fonts are big enough to read/send text without glasses.)
      Lastly it ticks all the boxes except the keyboard, but turn it sideways and the screen keypad is plenty big.

I got mine from True Visions. 22,000 baht no SIM. Kept my number. (16Gb).
      f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

Make that 3 for the iPhone.

Amongst the professionals I know, half of them are sticking to their Blackberries but slowly they are all coming around.

Last year the idea that iPhone users never had problems was met with a smug look & a sneer. Obviously they (iPhone users) had bought the dream & had swallowed Apple's hype.

Now the doubters don't sneer & are waiting for their contract to finish so they can quietly shift across. No wonder Nokia made their first loss last year, they must be really worried.
        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

hmm... any views on the HTC touch pro 2 ?

what worries me #1 about the Iphone is really the lack of keyboard.

Second I heard that it may not be simlocked, but I heard it is apple-locked, i.e. it refuses to play standard MP3 files.
          What other limitations does it have?

Comment

Buy a Blackberry if your main focus is on e-mail. The I-phone has a virtual keyboard, but lack of tactile feedback makes typing more difficult.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
            Membership Levels
            The Rookie Thread
            New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
            Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

how much is the htc touch pro 2 in thailand? looks like a nice device.

Comment

and there is also Nokia's N900...

Comment

how about n97 mini? does that meet your needs?

I'm quite curious btw what you eventually decide on since I need a smartphone with exactly what you listed.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

I have the HTC desire and have seen the touch pro and it is an amazing phone.
                    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(Jake_Sully @ Jun. 24 2010,02:54) how about n97 mini? does that meet your needs?

I'm quite curious btw what you eventually decide on since I need a smartphone with exactly what you listed.
                      I held the N97 in my hand - it is too small, both display and keyboard.
                      can't type fast on that.

Plus, all nokia keyboards tend to be too small and to have to few keys (i.e. no function keys).

For the moment, I am undecided.
                      The HTC touch pro 2 looks nice but I have doubts on reliability and battery life.

Comment

Motorola Droid?

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

(Jake_Sully @ Jun. 24 2010,05:51) Motorola Droid?
                          no, and here is why:

Motorola Droid Can Now Sync With Outlook and Entourage
                          BY: Ed Hardy, Brighthand.com Editor
                          PUBLISHED: 12/29/2009

There's good news for those who want to synchronize their Motorola Droid with their desktop computer: Mark/Space's app for syncing PCs and Macs with Android OS smartphones now supports this hot-selling model.

Google Android OS has been designed to synchronize its data with online sources, but many prefer to sync locally. Mark/Space's The Missing Sync lets them do so, including contacts, files, and much more

In Beta Form
                          This sync software is still a beta, and at this point offers syncing address book information over Wi-Fi with Microsoft Outlook, Entourage, and the Mac OS X Address Book. It can also transfer music, ringtones, photos, files, and videos with a USB cable.
                          I want Outlook sync to be supported natively.

And this bit is totally inacceptable:
                          Google Android OS has been designed to synchronize its data with online sources
                          no way I will store my contacts and data online!
                          that would give all it''s meaning to the concept of "human resources" !!
                          yikes

Comment

that leaves at the moment:

HTC touch Pro 2
                            Nokia N900
                            Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2
                            Sony Ericsson Vivaz pro
                            Motorola Milestone

(Iphone) no keyboard

and all the blackberry-type clones:
                            Blackberry
                            Palm