X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reseting Network Adapters

A couple days ago, we had some problems with the cable internet in our building.  Thought it might have been my laptop so I was clicking around.  Even remember disabling something.

Now, it seems sometimes I don't have an internet connection, especially when I first turn my computer on.

The solution seems to be reseting the network adapters TWICE, somehow just doing it once does no seem to work.

Ideas for a permanent fix guys?    

Try turning your cable modem off for at least 10 seconds and then turning it back on. Sounds like it is not transmitting the required parameters properly to your laptop network adapter.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

RX, I don't have a cable modem.

I plug a cable, one end into the wall socket and the other end into my computer.

I can unplug the cale from my computer.

Comment

I don't know shit about computers as you know PD...But if it was me, I'd use System Restore to reset your computer to its original settings...Can't hurt anything...You can always reverse it...
        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

PD, ok - sounds like the building may need to reset their cable modem that feeds the building network. If you know the person responsible for it, ask them to turn it on and off for about 10 seconds.

Check if your other neighbors are having similar problems before doing trying system restore.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
          Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread
          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

What OS are you running?

You probably disabled the network adapter in the control panel.

This video will help!

http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/1059...dapter_nic.swf" width="440" height="272" wmode="transparent" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_1059570" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">[/quote]
            [/quote]
            SHEMALE.CENTER
            World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys!

Seems like things were already enabled.

Also did the most recent restore.

Most recent bootup only had to reset netwok adapters once, so things are improving.

Am I supposed to be using Internet Protocol 4, Internet Protocl 6 or Both?

Comment

Working...
              X