Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant boot XP

Any tech gurus....

Today installed latest windows update and samsung kies software and few codecs.

Went to reboot XP and i get error 0xc000000f ntdlr file... cant boot at all and no choice to go into F8 to get any other boot options like last known good configuration.

Any ideas on how to fix this one?

I run a dual boot Windows XP-7 system and the option to load windows 7 works fine.

Thanks guys.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Sorry i cant be of help Azza, im  guy
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CT8982

Comment

Sounds like the OS is corrupt; don't ask why, it happens with Windows, I see this almost every day at work.

The only way I could think of to save the system is to star the system with an installation DVD and use thr "Repair" option.
      If you're lucky it will work.
      I hope you have back-ups of your work, because maybe you won't be able to start XP again.

Sorry if I can't make you more hope. Good luck.

Comment

If you can boot into safe mode uninstall that HORRIBLE Kies nightmare and try to find a restore point to turn the clock back to.

If that fails...

http://neosmart.net/wiki....=196612

If you can get command line access try copying the files from the above link onto the same drive as your OS...

(You'll have to unzip the files and copy them onto a CD or other media that the command line can access.)
        The Ladyboy Quest... It just goes on and on and on!

Comment

azza, if you have the original XP installation disk or can borrow one try this:

Windows XP users

1.) Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.

2.) When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.

3.) Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.

4.) Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.

5.) You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.

6.) Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter, which in this case is "e." This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
          copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

7.) Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.

check to be sure if Windows XP is installed on the c: drive, otherwise substitute the drive letter Win XP is installed on for step 6.

Good luck!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
          Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread
          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Thanks lads   - copied those files across per your instructions and i can now boot XP and Windows 7 boots fine.

When i choose to boot XP, it gives and invalid boot.ini file msg now but powers on and loads XP ... not sure what the hell has happened.... but at least both now load.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Good stuff!
              The Ladyboy Quest... It just goes on and on and on!

Comment

The lastest Kodak Printers also cause XP not to boot. You have to turn the printer on last.

Do you have a Kodak ESP range Printer Azza

Comment

No, i run with a canon printer

However maybe the new kies software did it... not sure...

BTW Q , kies is much improved since that 1st messy attempt.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Working...
                  X