X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slides

is there a simple way i can copy slides?? ektacrome?? or is it best just to view em on a screen and take a photo of the slide??
    cheers donnnny
    why because i have 1000.s of em
    just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

I would have thought that it was possible to take them to a high street photo processing shop and have them put on a cd rom.
    You can certainly do that with paper photos.

Go on donnnnny....we are waiting

Comment

What peter said , its cheaper here in Thailand. But have them do one or two as a test first. I had 50 rolls worth of film negatives scanned in a couple of years ago.

( sorry pentire , couldn't resist )
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

He probably doesnt want to show them to an assistant in a phot shop!!
        seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Aren't there adapters that you can buy for use with scanners?

Comment

You can buy a standalone film/slide scanner, I used to own a Nikon model, it is VERY time consuming
            depending on the model, the most it can handle is 6 at a time.
            After scanning you have to color correct, and then save in a usable format. (The scanners use uncompressed TIFF and the files are huge)
            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

donnnny, Snick's suggestion is right if you want the best way of capturing your slides to digital.

SB is also right some scanners have an attachment that will allow you to scan slides as well as the documents and photographs.

However, there is a quick way, which you have already mentioned, you can use your digital camera to take pictures of the slides. The quality is not as good as the other two methods, but a couple of tips to maximize the quality.

1) Use a tripod to steady your digital camera.

2) Use the window as the light source to reduce problems with white balance (indoor lights will give a color cast (tint) to your slides).

3) You can tape the slides to the window (be careful to use tape that won't damage the slide holder).

4) Use a digital camera that has macro - so you can almost fill the frame with the slide.

Hope this tips help! The easy way would be to find a discrete photo lab that will transfer them to CD without asking many questions.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
              Membership Levels
              The Rookie Thread
              New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
              Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Thanks again to everyone rxpham i would deffimnatly use a tripod and no flash and the white balance can be ajusted in the menue of the camera.
                so thats what ill do just put em on the wall and take some shots of my shots.
                cheers
                to all
                just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

I best quality is obtained by scanning. Anything else is not satisfactoryl You can adjust the scanning specs to fit your needs, If you just want them for send over the net you dont need a high setting. Also you can tweak any image in Photoshop or similar software program. That way you can eliminate the imperfections, balance the color , crop the image etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X