X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing forum pages

For a reason unbeknowst to me, whenever I click on a topic in the forum, the page will download properly, but, immediately shift to the bottom of the page when complete. I then have to scroll up to the top or beginning of the page to begin reading it in order. This only began recently, so I must have inadvertantly "click" something to cause this, because it never happened before.
    I have "right clicked" to see if that corrected the problem but it didn't, therefore I am seeking assistance from the forum experts to help.
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.

An unusual situation, this.

When you post a reply on a thread the refresh will (usually) try to scroll down to your post automatically so you don't have to scroll down to it.

It seems as though your computer is stuck on this and it's a quirk I haven't seen before.

My suggestion to fix it is to log out (assuming you can remember your password - it's amazing how many don't!) then clear your internet history, exit your browser and then restart your browser and log back on...

Let us know if that works, becasue if it doesn't then I won't suggest it to anyone else who sufferes from a similar nuisance in the future!

Stogie

Comment

Thank you Stogie for the suggestion, I followed your instructions and additionally rebooted the computer. Unfortunately, the problem continues to exist, but it is something I can live with. I appreciate you taking the time to offer the idea.

Comment

Well, I'll ruminate a while longer and see if I can come up with another plan!

Comment

What browser are you using?

Comment

(falang_y2k @ Oct. 23 2007,00:03) ...but, immediately shift to the bottom of the page when complete.
            hmmm, right to the very bottom of the page or just to the last post on the page?
            I've made kathylc  

Comment

Thanks to all who replied. I am old fashioned, in that I still use netscape 8.1, old habits are hard to break.
              Last night, I "clicked" on the site controls for this website and it indicated that it's default selection was for Internet Explorer, the other unchecked box selection was for Firefox. I selected Firefox and have not had the problem reoccur of the selected page scroll to the bottom of that page immediately after downloading. So it appears that this was the remedy.
              I use the netscape browser for my personal websites and IE for all other "normal" internet surfing, so nothing will accidently be viewed in history or bookmarks. Don't know if that the "best" way to keep things separate, but it works for me. Best Regards to all for your assistance.

Comment

Working...
              X