X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing

Just posted a picture and found out I could only upload one picture per message, so I wanted to change the title of the topic, but don't see the option to do so.
    Also, in the past when tried to correct a spelling error in one of my older post I'm not allowed to edit the message.
    So, how can I change the title of the most recent post
    and, 2, what is the policy on editing your own post on this board.
    Thank you.

Send me a link to the thread you want to change and the TITLE you want it changed to and I'll fix that.

You should be able to edit your posts usint the edit button!

Comment

I've repeatedly tried to edit old post of mine when I've noticed an error, most likely spelling, and each and every time I get a messge telling me I don't have permission to edit that post and I'm logged as...my user name.

Comment

some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post some text to edit this is a test post

added an emoticon and made some text bold...

Comment

Edit function works for me...

Comment

Anyone ever had trouble trying to edit a post?

Comment

Key two words to remember here are, ***"old post"***  I've seen one site where you are allowed to edit your new post for X amount of time, a hour or two, after it is first posted, but after that time has past you cannot edit your own post. I wonder if this board is setup the same way?
              Apparently so, as I'm being allow to edit this message left several minutes ago, but when I went and tried to edit the message left about 7 hours ago I got this message.

"Ikonboard message
              Sorry, you do not have permission to edit that message
              You are currently logged in as JackG
              « « Go Back"

Comment

There is no time limit set in the admin panel. If you are logging on as who you say you are then you should always be able to edit your posts.

Anyone else having trouble making a change to their posts?

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 07 2006,14:47) There is no time limit set in the admin panel. If you are logging on as who you say you are then you should always be able to edit your posts.

Nope; everything fine here..

RM
                  ain't life grand

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 08 2006,01:47) There is no time limit set in the admin panel. If you are logging on as who you say you are then you should always be able to edit your posts.

I am logged on correctly and I've tried it with 3 different browsers and every time I try to edit an old message of mine I get the system message that I don't haver permission to edit my own messages.

Comment

I can't expain it.

Comment

Is the timeout feature under Post Options set to zero or better yet, did you leave it blank?

Comment

It's set to 3000 seconds. That should be ample time for people to figure out a spelling error or other mistake.

Comment

Working...
                          X