X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't download videos?

Been a member and mostly a "lurker" here in the forum for several years now and applaud the integrity and positive growth in your site. This month has had its ups and downs with problems(internet wise-certainly not its content!), as most internet sites do from time to time, and I'm sure most will agree it hasn't been a problem that has detracted me from checking it out from day to day. I must ask though...with these security changes, I'm no longer able to download any of the videos...is this a problem with my web service, or a new change in the site....I do use "Firefox" for my browser to alleviate associated bugs that seem to plauge Microsoft, and found that to cause problems on the rare occassion? Using Windows Media Player 10...has always worked in hte past?

(hulahvn @ Jun. 19 2006,07:04) Been a member and mostly a "lurker" here in the forum for several years now and applaud the integrity and positive growth in your site. This month has had its ups and downs with problems(internet wise-certainly not its content!), as most internet sites do from time to time, and I'm sure most will agree it hasn't been a problem that has detracted me from checking it out from day to day. I must ask though...with these security changes, I'm no longer able to download any of the videos...is this a problem with my web service, or a new change in the site....I do use "Firefox" for my browser to alleviate associated bugs that seem to plauge Microsoft, and found that to cause problems on the rare occassion? Using Windows Media Player 10...has always worked in hte past?
    What method do you use to download the movies? Do you right click and "save target as" the movies to your hard drive then play them on your PC or do you click on them and let them stream not saving them?

Also do you use anything that automatically downloads more then one movie at a time?

Thanks

Comment

Hi hulahvn...

Strongbox has a couple of features that help to avoid "ripping" or "slurping", where someone will use automated software to spider our protected members' area, downloading everything they can in one night.

One built in feature is that Strongbox will only allow you to download the images and other protected media using the same browser that you logged in with.

For example you can't log in using Firefox, for example, and then use some ripping software to start downloading all of your images and videos. (Most download managers that activate when a specific link is clicked in the browser are supported, however.)

What method are you using to download the videos?

(I don't use Firefox and we don't support Firefox so I can't help you on the specifics of that particular software, sorry. However I will look on the support site for a solution.)

Stogie Bear

Comment

...hey guys...have always just right clicked and saved target. Nothing has changed what-so-ever from what I did in the past. This all just came to happen since the new security has been put into action. I have no problem seeing the videos, just won't even give me the option to save? I don't use any specific ripping software either. In the past once the videos loaded from your site they would automatically load on windows media player, and I would just do the right click and load them onto my hard drive...nadda options now...I enter using firefox as usual, and continue using the same browser...usually can work around most problems, but this one has me stumped...anyway, thanks for the comeback guys!

Comment

Hmmm... Well... I know you don't want to, but does IE work for logging in and downloading?

Also - what version of Windows are you running?

Comment

Running XP....and Firefox has never given me a problem before...but.....I'll give IE a shot just to see...Mahalos Stogie

Comment

O.K....that didn't make a dif, and I checked the version of Windows Media and I'm up to date...but...I found by hitting the lower bar in WM it allowed me to go to file, save, etc through several steps...not by right clicking on the video as usual...? got me...one of those computer glitches??? But seems to be working in its own strange way at the moment...Mahalos again for the help one and all!

Comment

Do you have any program running that blocks Cookies? Like Cookie Cutter? If so turn it off and try.

This site uses a temproray cookie to secure your login information.

The cookie is set to expire after 3 hours and does and does not save anything on your computer.

The following instructions show how you enable your Internet Browser

to accept session (temporary) cookies.

Enabling Session Cookies with Internet Explorer 5

[*]Select TOOLS from the top menu bar - a drop down menu will appear.
                     [*]Select INTERNET OPTIONS.
                     [*]Click on SECURITY from the top tabs.
                     [*]Click on the CUSTOM LEVEL button.
                     [*]Scroll down to COOKIES - Allow per-session cookies (not stored).
                     [*]Ensure that ENABLE is selected.
                     [*]Click on OK to save changes.[/list]

Enabling Session Cookies with Internet Explorer 6

[*]Select TOOLS from the top menu bar - a drop down menu will appear.
                       [*]Select INTERNET OPTIONS.
                       [*]Click on PRIVACY from the top tabs.
                       [*]Click on the ADVANCED button. This will bring up a new pop up window.
                       [*]Ensure that Override Automatic Cookie Handing is ticked.
                       [*]Check the Always Allow Session Cookies box.
                       [*]Click on OK .This will return you to the security screen in Internet Options.
                       [*]Click on APPLY.
                       [*]Click on OK to save changes.

Comment

http://www.microsoft.com/mac....wsmedia

Link for mac users who need help looking at videos...

Comment

Working...
                  X