Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical questions about reorganizing pics

Guys,

Here are a few questions that some of you may be able to assist with. Especially Bam, I guess.

I've got way too many pics, and I'm going to move them to a single HD soon. Perhaps over time I'll finish sorting them into the different categories (GG / TS, Post-op/pre-op, Asian/white, etc. okay, so about 90% are asian/post-op, and about 10% are Asian/GG , and 0.1% are white/post-op, and 0.0000001% are anything else).

Anyway, since I'll have a whole HD full of my naughty pics, I want to encrypt it, but in a way that doesn't slow down access to the pics and videos. What can you guys recommend?

Are there photo organizing tools you'd also recommend? I've tried Picasa, but that seemed inadequate. I need better and faster ways to classify hundreds or thousands of pictures. I'm probably near 50k pics, or more. That's just the, ahem, entertainment stuff. Adding in a few others, I wouldn't be surprised if I have over 100k. At least, size-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if I have over 20 GB of pics, and perhaps 30GB more of videos.

Randyman, if you're keeping track - that could mean about 10 GB or more of post-op pics. They tend to be smaller than GG pics, because many GG pics are very high resolution. It's not that the post-op pics are smaller because they're lacking in any way.

Another damned hard thing is that now I've lost track of who's post-op and who's GG. 99.9% of the time I can recall which is which, but every so often I make a mistake. I'd love it if there are tools that can recognize similar photos. Sometimes I have duplicates, but the only difference is the resolution of the photo. If it was a complete byte-by-byte duplicate, then I could use other tools, but are there some you guys can recommend that can perform some basic image analysis & find similar photos? Sometimes these things are also clustered by date or filename, which could help.

Anyway, supposing you were going to organize 100k+ photos and videos, where would you start? And how would you make sure they're safe from others who might use that HD?

Thanks!

POL
    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

I have used ACDSee to organize and view pictures since it first came out and FolderLock to hide stuff when travelling.

Google them to find out more and download free from any decent bit-torrent site (like torrentspy.com.)

Comment

Thanks, they sound like they'll be very helpful!!!
      Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Check out www.picasa.com it also has the ability to hide pics. It will organize the pics chronologically also.

DANNO
        You no care me DIE !!!

Comment

I've tried Picasa, but that seemed inadequate...
          Check out Picasa...

Comment

(post-op lover @ Apr. 09 2006,00:34) Guys,

Here are a few questions that some of you may be able to assist with.  Especially Bam, I guess.  

Anyway, since I'll have a whole HD full of my naughty pics, I want to encrypt it, but in a way that doesn't slow down access to the pics and videos.  What can you guys recommend?
            http://www.jetico.com/

Get BestcCypt...

Short description
            BestCrypt creates and supports encrypted virtual disks and these disks are visible as regular disks with correspondent drive letters (for example, D:, K:, Z:, i.e. with any drive letter that is not used by other system devices).
            The data stored on a BestCrypt disk is stored in the container file. A container is a file, so it is possible to backup a container, move or copy it to other disk (CD-ROM or network, for instance) and continue to access your encrypted data using BestCrypt.

Any free drive letter in the system may be used to mount and to open an encrypted file-container for access. When the virtual disk is opened, you can read and write data as if it were a conventional removable disk.

BestCrypt is totally transparent for any application program. Your data is BestCrypt's only concern and enhances your basic right to keep documents, commercial proprietary knowledge and private information in a confidential fashion.

Comment

Working...
            X