X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cebu Hotel advice needed

Off to Cebu in two weeks and needed some hotel advice.  Looking to avoid an overt walk-of-shame but also don't want to get stuck in a dump in the wrong part of town.  I've been looking at either the Ayala Mall area or near the Circle.  Didn't want to spend the prices of the Marriott or Waterfront but actually the Marco Polo has some great deals right now...but seems too uptight/security conscience to be hosting ladyboys.  I have a two LB meeting already set up so the hotel will have to handle that!  Some hotels I've been reviewing are:

Parklane - a little pricey
    Midtown - bad reviews about late-night guests
    Golden Prince - few reviews, excellent location next to Ayala Mall but seems to cater to local families
    Diplomat Hotel - great price and seems to LB friendly
    Holiday Plaza - bad LB reviews
    Eddie's - seems geared to the strip club crowd

Any others I should be looking at?  2000-2500 Php per night inclusive would be a great target price for a Cebu City hotel...not looking at being stuck on Mactan.  

Thanks in advance!

I have stayed at Park Lane, Marriott, both Waterfronts, and looked at most of others you have listed, so you are looking at the right places. The Phillipines has nothing like the tourist infrastructure of Thailand, so there are far less hotels to choose from, and they are generally more expensive.

Park Lane was less expensive than Marriott/Waterfront if I remember correctly, and 5 mins walk to Ayala Mall.

Correct, do not stay on Mactan unless you want the beach and the diving. It is 40-45 mins by taxi each way, and a real hassle if you want to meet girls. I felt a bit isolated the time I stayed there.

Definitely stay within walking distance of Ayala Mall. Nice-ish area and all the girls will know Ayala and be able to meet you there in case you want to meet them before going to your hotel. This is also a short taxi ride to General Maxilom Avenue, where many of the girlie gogo bars are located.

LB's are less integrated/accepted in the Pi then Thailand, so you will get stares wherever you go, so you cannot avoid that.

Take a taxi everywhere.....don't walk. Quite cheap and much safer.

If you want some lb contacts down there, pm me
    Mister Arse

Comment

I can recommend the Parklane whole heartedly. Clean, girl friendly & across the street from Ayala.

Comment

Can only report on Marriott by own experience.

However, - my non-P4P gurl recommended the Rajah Park Hotel at Fuente Osmena as being nice, good price/value-ratio and lb-friendly. She was befriended with the manager, not sure anymore, but he might be gay.

I would value the location at Fuente Osmena even higher than Ayala - as an alternative, girlie bars just around the corner, Mango square also. And- to go to Pump, Vuuduu,... you would take a taxi anyway.

By the way (we never had problems, perhaps because she looks more than passable), but Marriott is said to be not lb-friendly.

Comment

Ooops, forgot something:

Ladyboy-hunting in Ayala - sometimes mentioned in some old forums, seemed at least for me as nearly non-existent.

In "Juliana", Mango Square, I saw some really interesting young gurls (mainly femboy type), but being already "attached", I could not really check, what's on offer.

A word of warning: Mango Square is nice for girl hunting and disco, however especially on weekends it is also th meeting point of the frats -gangs- so I would see, that I do not get totally pissed and rat assed, but stay in full control (what I would recommend anyway in any city in Phils.)

Comment

I stayed at the Diplomat a few months ago. Not bad but had unenthusiastic response to Wifi not working. Eventually sorted it out. No problems with my lb guest.

It's kind of in the middle of nowhere. Not many shops nearby other than a Jollibee. About 10 minutes of sweaty walking to Mango Square. Taxis are the best value there because they are metered. Much better than Angeles were you generally bump around on tricycles everywhere.

Can get better value accomodation in Angeles / Balibago.

Diplomat is ok, but not great. 1,000PHP would be good value but 1300-1500 is a bit steep I reckon.

Trying to find a long term apartment there. Anyone got any tips?

Comment

Sorry, a correction, it was the Mango Park Hotel I stayed at, not the Diplomat. http://www.mangoparkhotel.com/

10 mins walk to Mango Square which holds Juliana's nightclub where there seem to be plenty of lbs just out having fun with their friends. Drinks are pretty cheap, about 40 PHP (1 dollar) per beer if I recall right.

For a good night you might try inviting a few girls to a videok room, where you'll get cheap entertainment and drinks for an evening with 1 liter beer bottles for for about 65PHP. They seem to love a drink and a sing-a-long.

Comment

Castle Peak
                F.Cabahug Cor. Pres. Quezon Street
                Cebu City
                Tel : (032) 233-1811 (032) 233-1817

Fax: (032) 232-6838
                [email protected]

I stayed at the Castle Peak Hotel 3 times and was very happy with the service and LB friendly on all 3 trips.

It is walking distance to Ayala and SM malls.....a bit of a walk but i did it a few times.

Also , I ate at

Goodah.Gud
                #935-B Salinas Drive,
                Lahug ,
                Cebu City
                Ph: 032.234-2716

A great place low key and walking distane back to the Castle Peak, you actually walk past the Waterfront Hotel on the way.

Comment

(bugeye29 @ Oct. 07 2009,18:45) Castle Peak
                  F.Cabahug Cor. Pres. Quezon Street
                  Cebu City
                  Tel : (032) 233-1811 (032) 233-1817

Fax: (032) 232-6838
                  [email protected]

I stayed at the Castle Peak Hotel 3 times and was very happy with the service and LB friendly on all 3 trips.

It is walking distance to Ayala and SM malls.....a bit of a walk but i did  it a few times.

Also , I ate at

Goodah.Gud
                  #935-B Salinas Drive,
                  Lahug ,
                  Cebu City
                  Ph: 032.234-2716

A great place low key and walking distane back to the Castle Peak, you actually walk past the Waterfront Hotel on the way.
                  That is .net , not .com above.

www.castlepeakhotel.net
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X