First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manila - hotels

Hi!

Ill be in manila next week.

Can anyone reccomend a hotel to stay in that is affordable and allows guests? and isnt too far away from everything. Im thinking malate or makati area.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Mid-range? Oxford Suites
    Right in the middle of P.Burgos Street, reasonably priced, and more modern than most Pi hotels. Problem is that the girls on P.Burgos St are 3000 Pesos barfine, then 3000 Pesos all night for the girl
    Or in Malate, I stayed at the City Garden (there is also a City Garden just beside Oxford Suites. Not quite as nice as OS, but OK. Someone else posted about the Pan Pacific which looks really nice.
    If you want to be across the road from EDSA, there is Copacabana services apartments (not very nice) or the Heritage Hotel, very, very nice
    Mister Arse

Comment

Forgot, EDSA 1000 barfine plus 3000 for girl - mush more reasonable
      Malate - hundreds of freelancers at LA Cafe
      Mister Arse

Comment

(Stewart @ Aug. 07 2006,09:24) Forgot, EDSA 1000 barfine plus 3000 for girl - mush more reasonable
        Malate - hundreds of freelancers at LA Cafe
        I'm still trying to figure out the Manila LB scene. The LA Cafe is really about the most active bar in Manila, and cheap in all regards. But it is the only thing in Malate (I think that's where it is ... all the taxis seem to know it), and that area is tough by my standards. Plus the crowd at LA Cafe is hit and miss... some of the roughest trade I've seen in Manila, but a few gems too. There seems to be a regular crowd of old (I mean seriously old, wasted and decrepit) expats, along with a few younger punters... and all seem a bit dirty. All in all, right on the edge of what I might consider too raw for me (much worse than Pattaya for example). But I still go. I don't think I've ever seen a LB there. EDSA on the other hand is less intimidating, but more expensive, pushy, and the girls can be surprisingly ugly. Not nearly as user friendly as Nana. And where are the LBs. I know there must be talent in Manila, but I'm still looking for it.

Any suggestions, Stewart?

Comment

trying to figure out the Manila LB scene. The LA Cafe is about the most active bar in Manila, and cheap in all regards. But it is the only thing in Malate (I think that's where it is ... all the taxis seem to know it), and that area is tough by my standards.
          Well, there are quite a few bars in that same area. But, you are right - not for the faint-hearted!

The Baywalk(?) is very cool at night. This is the very wide pavement that is on the seafront, full of bars, cafes. live bands. Stretches for a mile or more.

Then when you move back 1 or 2 streets parallel to Baywalk (ie into LA Cafe territory), it starts to get a little bit dodgy. I never felt really unsafe, but certainly not as relaxing as walking along Sukhumvit!

Plus the crowd at LA Cafe is hit and miss... some of the roughest trade I've seen in Manila, but a few gems too. There seems to be a regular crowd of old (I mean seriously old, wasted and decrepit) expats, along with a few younger punters... and all seem a bit dirty. All in all, right on the edge of what I might consider too raw for me (much worse than Pattaya for example).
          Seedy is the word you are looking for!!

EDSA on the other hand is less intimidating, but more expensive, pushy, and the girls can be surprisingly ugly. Not nearly as user friendly as Nana. And where are the LBs. I know there must be talent in Manila, but I'm still looking for it.
          Any suggestions, Stewart?
          Search on Manila on the forum. I am by no means an expert on manila, and a couple of guys made some excellent posts before.

Virtually all the lb's I have met in manila I met on IMLive.
          Mister Arse

Comment

yeah, the whole place sounds a little dangerous.

should i just stay in a nice area and get taxis to all the dodgy areas when im searching for friends?

Comment

the whole place sounds a little dangerous.
              should i just stay in a nice area and get taxis to all the dodgy areas when im searching for friends?
              If you are there just to meet girls, only 3 places to stay....on or very near to P.Burgos St, Malete near LA Cafe, or EDSA (one extrreme end of Malete) at Heritage or Copacabana

E-mail me if you want some maps
              Mister Arse

Comment

I stayed at Robinson Plaza. Probably off the beaten path but they have a food court downstairs. Movie theater,RJ's nightclub, grocery store, close to pretty much everything. And pretty affordable. Well maybe $85 a night but it's a four star hotel so yes, that's a good price. I was there for 17 days, I bop into town, bop out. I don't know, that's where I stayed and that is where i would stay again. I liked it.

Comment

Working...
                X