Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxi Manila to Angeles

Going to Manila and Angeles soon

Does anyone know of the equivalent of Mr Toom in Manila ie a reliable and not too expensive taxi service??
    Mister Arse

Car or Taxi

Angeles to Manila - no taxis but several car services available

As I usually stay at the Orange Lion Hotel on Fields Avenue, I book Pepe to take me into Manila - rate is 2200 PP or something like that (fixed fee, no bargaining)

Manila to Angeles - usually get a taxi off the street, bargain hard (but be nice and you will usually find a taker for 1200-1800 PP

Bus

If you have an extra hour or two and want to travel cheaply, go to either of the Victory Liner bus stations in Manila that send buses to Pampanga (province) and points north of Manila

Stations are located on EDSA (Epifanos de los Santos, the circular road around Metro Manila) in Pasay and Cubao and well known to all taxi drivers

At either station, ask for the next bus to Dau ("Dah-OOH") - pay 220 PP at ticket window prior to boarding

Bus driver will load your luggage in the bin downstairs and lock it with a hex wrench that only he carries - very secure

Still, I always take a seat above the bin door so I can see if my bag is mistakenly offloaded at a stop prior to destination

Dau bus station is 5 minutes from Fields Avenue - taxi or tricycle always available just outside of the station - quoted fare 150 PP, bargain to 80-100

Recommend 'third world' precautions in Angeles - that is, avoid dark side streets, no jewelry or credit cards, cell phone in pocket, et etc

Have fun

Comment

As I usually stay at the Orange Lion Hotel on Fields Avenue, I book Pepe to take me into Manila - rate is 2200 PP or something like that (fixed fee, no bargaining)
      Who is Pepe? And contact?
      Mister Arse

Comment

Stewart, have you seen this before?

http://www.margarita-station.com/airport.html

Some of the guys on the ASFO list use this and recomend it.

Cheers.

Comment

(dommy6 @ Sep. 02 2007,21:35) Stewart, have you seen this before?

http://www.margarita-station.com/airport.html

Some of the guys on the ASFO list use this and recomend it.

Cheers.
          I found it 30 mins ago...thanks, and a couple of others. Feeling more under control now
          Mister Arse

Comment

When do you plan to be in AC? I will be visiting mid October.

Comment

The Swagman also have a bus that goes from Manila to Angeles. It goes 3 times a day I believe.

Comment

..yes, some taxis want 3000 & the van driver at the hotel i stayed at in Manila wanted 4500 but i chose Swagman's "FLY THE BUS"! You can take a nice a/c bus from Swagmans Manila & get dropped off at their hotel in A.C. for 500!, or you can reserve transportation directly from the airport to the Narra Hotel in Angeles for 2700 or private car for 2500 (see link below for details).. there is trike transportation (no taxis in Angeles, just trikes & jeepneys) from there to anywhere else u might want to go & check in, but never pay a trike driver there more than 100 pesos, short distances are 50 or 20, thats the going rate for about any long distance in A.C. There is plenty of room for luggage in the bus storage compartments.. I had 1 large duffel bag, suitcase & 1 large box with 2 carry-ons inside the box; got it all on no problem!  The bus makes 1 rest stop (no stopping at small towns along the way!) on the way to Angeles & most of the riders are foreigners so you can BS on they way if u like, plus they serve drinks on the bus at a fair price if u dont bring your own b-4 you leave Manila.. it will seem like it takes forever to get out of Manila because of the conjested stop-&-go traffic there, once out it doesnt take long for the rest of the trip b4 u get to Angeles..

..if you do take the bus you might try the Swagman restaurant & pool before u go anywhere else.. the pool/restaurant is separate from the hotel & they do have a few bungalos with a jacquzzi in private rooms next to the pool; they have the best food anywhere & the prices are reasonable for the amout they serve you.  If u like pasta u have to try the spaghetti with meat sauce & garlic rolls, it's the best anywhere!!  An added bonus are the cute waitresses that work there (they have a 18-22 year age limit for waitresses there!) that you wont b able to take your eyes off of while your eating!  I spent most of my day time when it was sunny there at the pool even though i was living in an apt. about 10 mins ride from there. There were always some hot filipina babes showing up there to swim during the day!  You can use the pool (it's a nice one) anytime as long as u buy a drink, snack, or meal when u are there but they won't pressure u to buy anything if you say "no thanks".. but i promise you once you try their food u may not want to eat anywhere else while you're there!  Another nice feature about this location is that it's away from all the street noise but close by trike to get to Fields Ave. or McArthur Hwy which is the main street in Angeles..

Swagman's Narra Hotel in Angeles
                Transport options to or from Angeles
                Swagman's bus schedule from Manila!
                .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

..and this is for Stewart, if u stay at any hotel around del Pilar St. (not far from the U.S. Embassy) you have to check out the L.A. Cafe, it's the easiest place to pick up a sure lay while you're there; u walk in & it's all freelancers (no barfine here!) but no LB's or 'baklas' as they are called in Tagalog, they're all girls!  If you want LB's it's best to pre-select them from the cam websites like IMLive because you will waste your time bar hopping trying to locate any unless u have a LB guide to take you around to find them.. most of the nice ones hang out at the Makati Greenbelt district but if you are only in Manila for a few days you will be wasting your time looking on your own..

the L.A. Cafe where there's action every nite of the week!
                  ..if only they had a LB club like this in Manila!
                  .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

.and this is for Stewart, if u stay at any hotel around del Pilar St. (not far from the U.S. Embassy) you have to check out the L.A. Cafe, it's the easiest place to pick up a sure lay while you're there;
                    What!! I am going there for the museums

Yep, LAcafe...great place...wall to wall totty

All lb's pre-booked through IMLive as you say. Honestly, I have found 3 nice girls who don't want my money and just want to be friends

Great info on the transport and Swagmans thing
                    Mister Arse

Comment

(MikeNH @ Sep. 03 2007,04:06) When do you plan to be in AC?  I will be visiting mid October.
                      Manila first late September. AC later...not sure yet.
                      Mister Arse

Comment

..if u take the Swagman's bus the last stop is at the Narra hotel, the restaurant/pool is right across this narrow street next to the hotel.. check it out, the atmosphere is great there, no hustle, no one trying to sell u something like on Fields Ave, it's very laid back.. it's a great place to take a date for a drink or a meal because they have tables next to the pool & the pool is lit up at night & it's sooo quite there compared to the main drag.. trust me if u go there u will like it compared to the rest of the nite life in Angeles..

Comment

Working...
                        X