Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Air Group is Best?

We All want Free or Cheap Tickets to LOS  
    So Which Team or Alliance do You Prefer?
    Why is it the Best in your Opinion ?

Thanks For Sharing With All  
    SkyTeam
    0%
    Star Alliance
    0%
    Oneworld
    0%
    I Have No Loyalty to Any One Program
    0%
    I Never Use or Collect Air Miles
    0%
    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

I will stick with Etihad now

Just wished I had joined the Emirates "air miles" scheme a few years ago as I have used them a few times
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I use the Emirates/Sri Lanka Airlines Skywards programme and the Marriott rewards scheme which also gets me Skywards miles. Great for the upgrades and they throw in chauffeur service to and from the airport (unfortunately not in Thailand yet   )

Comment

Dunno if it's the best or not, but I've a UA mileage programs that includes Star Alliance. Once in a while I can get a short Asian return flight for free.
        As they say..better than a kick in your balls
        Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

I voted for star alliance because of the airlines within, Thai,Singapore and Virgin- easy to collect.

On trips to LOS i now solely use Qatar and am already at gold in their programme, i already have enough for 2 free tickets, but actually use them just to upgrade.
          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I am with one world and have used frequent flyer points to travel many places and upgrade to business class. Over the years have accumulated over a million points but only have a few hundred thousand left now. But at only 60K point to go to Thailand that should keep me going for while.

Comment

(ozzie @ Jul. 04 2007,18:29) I am with one world and have used frequent flyer points to travel many places and upgrade to business class. Over the years have accumulated over a million points
                But Oz....You Forgot to Vote for One World  

Comment

(katoeylover @ Jul. 04 2007,03:19) I voted for star alliance because of the airlines within, Thai,Singapore and Virgin- easy to collect.
                I think it depends where you are and where you want to go.

from the New York area I think United Mileage Plus/Star Alliance can't be beat.

My prefered method is to pay for the non-stop on Thai (make sure it's Q class to get 100% miles) but to reedem miles on Sing getting to travel to both Thailand and Bali for 60K miles.

With United Mileage Plus there are some really painless ways to get miles. A creidt card cab get you 20K. Put some money in Netbank, fidelity, or Ameritrade and you can get a boatload more.

Comment

(Looker @ Jul. 04 2007,01:23) Dunno if it's the best or not, but I've a UA mileage programs that includes Star Alliance. Once in a while I can get a short Asian return flight for free.
                  Hey Looker,

Are you talking about 1 way flights instead of round trips?

If so, what's the deal?

Comment

for me its the same, from the US Star Alliance cannot be beaten. DIrect flight from JFK, or even going via Europe with UA,Lufthansa or Tha.

Yop

Comment

I voted Star Alliance - for guys based in Thailand and travelling regionally, it is streets ahead of the others for the simple reason that so many routes are covered by Star carriers plus Thai's FF programme is actually very very good in comparison with other programmes as they have no idea how to control seat alllocations for FF redemption.

Cheers
                      Mardhi

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jul. 05 2007,04:04)
                        (Looker @ Jul. 04 2007,01:23) Dunno if it's the best or not, but I've a UA mileage programs that includes Star Alliance. Once in a while I can get a short Asian return flight for free.
                        Hey Looker,

Are you talking about 1 way flights instead of round trips?

If so, what's the deal?
                        No, return flight means two ways ticket..you go to a destination and come back to the original departing city.
                        With 20,000 points, using UA mileage program, you can get a return ticket like Hong Kong - Bangkok - Hong Kong OR Hong Kong - Singapore - Hong Kong OR similar. Nothing much to get excited but better than nothing
                        Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Do You Believe I Made My Vote Invalid   ..... I Clicked on View Instead of What I Meant to Vote for Which is No Loyalty to Any One Program  

I have Miles with 7 Different Airlines in all Three Groups.  I Know it's not the Best Idea but that was Before I learned of LOS   

I Like OneWorld because in it is American, Brit Airways and Cathay, that Seems to Cover Almost Everywhere in the World  

Comment

(SamplerDoc @ Jul. 05 2007,19:40) Do You Believe I Made My Vote Invalid   ..... I Clicked on View Instead of What I Meant to Vote for
                            Hello SamplerDoc,

That's easy to fix!

Click on:- 'Tools' - 'Internet Options' - 'Delete' - 'Delete Cookies'

Close your ATS forum page and then re-open it.

You will have to log back onto the forum with your username and password.

Then you will be able to vote again as if you never voted before.

RR.

The unscrupulous amoungst you can use the same method to skew the votes for girls that you like
                            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                            Kahuna

Comment

Sky Team sucks! They used to be okay but over the past few years you can't get a free ticket to SEA unless you use your primary Sky Team airline. I fly primarily Delta which has zero flights to my primary tourist destinations (Philippines and Thailand). Case in point: I tried picking up two business class tickets for my wife and I to the PI last April. I started looking for a way there via Sky Team about 10 months before the trip. None of the Sky Team partners would give up their seats. I might add I€™m a multi-million mile member with Delta and have been Platinum for well over 9 years. This doesn€™t mean shit to Delta€™s partners.  

I used to fly to the Middle East using Delta/KLM through Atlanta/Amsterdam. Not anymore. I'm flying westward now from California via Thai Airway (Star Alliance) through Bangkok then switch to Gulf Air (One World) to Bahrain. It's a longer flight but at least I build up Star Alliance points. This means my primary airline will now be United Airlines (again). They suck too but not as bad as Delta does since they came out of bankruptcy.  

RW

Comment

Working...
                              X