X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there, my name is Wade and I have lived in the Kansai area for the past 10 years. Thought I would throw my two cents in.

First, I am very surprised by the rude attitude you recieved at Pinky Half. I have visited them 3 times in the last three months and have recieved nothing but great service. They do not have rooms on site, like New Half Max, but have a row of four rooms in an apartment building near by. The office is impossible to find unless you know exactly where to go, located in a residential building, with no sign out front or on the door.

I got lucky. I drove in from my home in Nara and bumped into a girl I recognized from the site as I was looking for parking. She showed me where to park and showed me where to go. My personal advise is NEVER to call, but to roll the dice and show up in person. They seem less likely to say no when you are there, not on the phone. Plus with places like Pinky and Cat Club, I think they pretty much assume you have been there before if you can find the place since they are damn near impossible to find on your own.

Next time you are in Nagoya, see Anna (post-op) at she-mail, or do a 3P with her and Mika. Both are absolutely womderful people and good at what they do. Anna is the best I have ever had in my life, GG or TG. Plus I owe her, she introduced me to a pre-op who wanted an American boyfriend and was hot as hell. Wish she and Mika still worked at Half-Woman in Osaka.

My advise to all travelers passing thru, show up in person, during the slower daytime hours and a shop that might tell you to piss off on a busy Friday night is more likely to let you in. And make as much conversation as possible with the front counter person while waiting for your girl. Get their name and use it when you come in the next time. Even if they forget you, the fact you come in and say hello and use their name, they will know you are not a first timer.

Also, we are trying to organize a Japan Meet Up for Sunday September 13th, probably in Umeda. If you are interested in coming let me know. Will include a quick walking tour of the shops in the area if we are up for it.
    "I love the smell of Ladyboy in the morning, it smells like victory"  

Comment

whrw, very good post, thank you.

I have been once to Japan and swore never to return.

I am sorry to say that most places were rude.

You make observations/recommendations:
      - "don't phone"
      - "places are almost impossible to find"
      - "go there in person"
      - "make conversation with the front staff"
      - "during daytime hours" (yeah, right, when we work)

that's a lot of restrictions and a lot of work to reach places where there are at best a handful of Newhalves available.

Add to that the price, and I can't be bothered.

Forum info is absolutely vital for anyone in Japan wanting to find Newhalves.
      So thank you and congratulations for the great job done by all who posted here outstanding info.

Comment

Learned something interesting the other day while hanging out with my new friend the Filipina postie in Osaka. . .

I asked how to say "new half" in Japanese. She said, "New half." "No, how do you say it in Japanese?" They say "new half." "In Engerish?" "Yes." "Wait a minute... so they make up their own term for it, then use another language to say it?" "Yes."

That may be common knowledge to others, but it was news to me. Oh' those silly Japanese.

She also said there's the term, "Okama," which is derogatory.

Comment

Anyone in Tokyo this weekend for a drink?

My Thai T-grilfriend and I are going to be there for 5 days starting this Thursday. Will be doing the normal tourist stuff and hitting bars/shows at night. Looking to spend a least a few hours at a newhalf bar/show in roppongi or shinjuku.

Me: 38, American, HK expat
          She: 31 Thai
          We've been together 10 years and are fairly regular members of Guess Bar...
          just a regular joe

Comment

Don't do it, brother!

It'll only be painful . . .

Comment

haha, more info needed farangbah...

trip to tokyo painful, or trip to the bars/shows?

Many, many years ago I went to Kokucho Show, in Roppongi. Not bad for an hour or so of entertainment (taking it for what it is).

I have to counterbalance my girlfriends desire to hit gay bars in shinjuku with at least on other destination. so looking for bar ideas!
              just a regular joe

Comment

New half painful.

I'd go gay bars.  You've got protection in the form of you gf.

Japanese are harmless.  If you're old lady knows some places, you're likely to get more of a good taste of weirdness.  

(Japanese cabaret is some of the worst in the world.  do something else with your short time)

Comment

Word. Thanks for the advice. Will do and sitck to the "ArtyFarty and Advocates" types on the web guides.
                  just a regular joe

Comment

I'm in Tokyo now...but I can never get past the gg's when I'm here.

For some reason the J-girls are my kryptonite. In BKK I'll ignore Thai gg's all day long in favor of LBs...but when Im in Japan I want only gg's....

Comment

Bangui, read this for a taste of what you might be in for with new half cabaret . . .

https://theladyboyforums.com/cgi-bin....t=23775

Cheers.

Comment

(jman @ Oct. 13 2009,20:06) I'm in Tokyo now...but I can never get past the gg's when I'm here.

For some reason the J-girls are my kryptonite. In BKK I'll ignore Thai gg's all day long in favor of LBs...but when Im in Japan I want only gg's....
                        Yes Japanese girls are great and so elegant compared to Thais

Love 'em!
                        No honey, no money!!

Comment

(manarak @ Sep. 04 2009,17:21) I have been once to Japan and swore never to return.
                          there's a lot more to Tokyo - give it (and other parts of Japan) a chance
                          No honey, no money!!

Comment

I been to Japan a couple of times, and enjoyed it a lot.

However, tried calling and they were rude and often found no interest in gaining my coin in the red light districts as well

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Japanese pricing is exhorbitant. That's why many of the bars/clubs in the red light district (kabukicho) display signs saying Japanese only. Foreignors just don't understand the 'system' (in their eyes).

Over the years they've had too many problems with foreignors' differing expectations of price and service...

Even the p4p scene is a completely different culture.
                              Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

You live in Tokyo, Guy?

Comment

Working...
                                X