X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beijing info

Here's some info I had on my PDA when I went hunting around last year. I copied it from various sources. No notes are my own.

Basically, I started with the gay bars, and found no LBs there. I did see some possible femboys / early, early stage pre-ops. Obviously, I'm a guy who likes 'em fully ripened, so these weren't my thing.

Frankly, things change very quickly in Beijing, and you're going to do best by going to the gay club(s) around Worker's Stadium. Then, head to some of the Chinese-oriented locales a little further away. (On-Off?) Be bold, ask where the femboys or LBs are. Hell, by '08, they may be all over the place. And that gives them a lot of time to recuperate from SRS.

http://www.utopia-asia.com/beijbars.htm

Gay clubs:

On-Off:
    http://www.on-off.cn/
    1/F Lianbao Apt, Xingfucun Middle Rd, Chaoyang, 6415-8083.
    Not far from The Great Wall Sheraton Hotel, the National Stadium and The Hard Rock Cafe Restaurant. From the south section of San Li Tun Bar St go west along Gong Ti Bei Lu. You will pass a medium-sized clothing department store on your right that has two alleys going down both sides (the first alley goes to Half & Half). Take the first right AFTER passing these two alleys and you should be on a big road with lots of development signs. Keep walking up this street and take your first left across the road (there should be a sign in english for 'Lianbao apartments' (Lianbao Gongyu in Chinese) and keep walking till you see the big orange On Off sign.

Busiest on Wed, Fri and Sat nights, after 10pm.

=============

G&L Secret Garden (mixed)
    6 San Li Tun South St (east side), Chaoyang District, 6507-4890. Right between Pink Loft and Golden Barn (see restaurants below). A trendy, friendly new G&L-oriented club:

=============
    Vibes (mixed)
    Factory 798, Chaoyang, Dashanzi Art District, 6437- 8082. Hip underground dance club gets a mix of locals, foreigners, and some gays and lesbians. Factory 798 is a huge old arms factory complex which has now been taken over by many clubs and exhibitions of local arts. Lot's of progressive music-related events.

=============

Destination
    7 Gongti Xi Lu (near the Workers' Stadium). If you are coming from other parts of Beijing and using the subway, get off at Dong Si Shi Tiao Station, choose the exit that takes you to Gong Ren Ti Yu Chang (Workers' Stadium), walk along Gong Ti Bei Lu, you should go past the Asia Hotel, then the indoor stadium (Ti Yu GUAN), turn right immediately into Gong Ti Xi Lu, and walk for a bit, Destination will be on your right next to a Thai restaurant. Friendly management and staff, cool sound and lighting system and dance floor. Welcome addition to Beijing's gay scene.
    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Hi Postie

In beijing at the moment searching...

What about the following places:
    1. Club Hollywood (nr Maggies)
    2. Dushi Qingdao

I refuse to give up...

Comment

well i can report some success. I met two ladyboys in my first full week living in Beijing. I could have tried harder but anyway...

First encounter was in Hard Rock where I met a ladyboy who frankly wasn't my type - frankly a bit full of herself so I couldn't be bothered.

Few days later I met a ladyboy on third ring road north of Kinkos. It was approx 8pm. She was a bit more fun but not too good looking so after a quick drink with her I made my excuses. Once my Chinese improves I may find her again to get some more info out o fher.

Comment

Good luck to you, buddy! Definitely milk each encounter for all it's worth. You might try asking if she (whichever LB you're talking to at a given time) can meet you with several LB friends. Suggest doing 2 at once, or something. This allows you to butterfly and learn more of the LB community in Beijing. If I'd been more on the ball last year, I would have tried this earlier.

Also, and this sounds silly, I'd recommend dropping in to some Thai restaurants and chatting up a Thai waiter/waitress. There is a possibility they may help you out with finding someone. Given how hard the fishing is in BJ, it's important to cast many lines and many nets.

Finally, if you can print out some articles in Chinese on Harisu, you may be able to get a little further. It's possible you could attempt to pass yourself off as a reporter or as a scholar, and say that you're trying to meet other LBs. Promising anonymity (I don't know the word for that in Chinese, but it would be important ) would be necessary.

These are just some thoughts.

By the way, what's in the 3rd ring road area near Kinko's? I don't know why you would have thought to go there. Which district is that?

More thoughts:
        It also occurs to me that you can offer a finder's fee. I'd say 50-100 RMB would be a motivating amount. Anyway, you'd easily pay that much for cab trips, club admission, and drinks, for each fruitless search. So, you get your own scout out there looking for LBs. For that, I'd actually try one of the gay clubs. There are some guys there who may be able to find LBs for you. Or at least get some femboys to go a little further. Remember, I like post-ops, and that I'm suggesting a gay club underscores how far one must stretch to get find assistance.

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Kinkos is on the way north from Guomao on 3rd ring road on the west side of the road, approximatley level with Chaoyang theatre. It is the second time I met an LB there but the first time was last July at 4 am. It was then my first night in town and i assumed it would be easy to find more but i didn't until recently. are you in beijing now?

Comment

(dessertmax @ May 17 2006,03:52) Kinkos is on the way north from Guomao on 3rd ring road on the west side of the road, approximatley level with Chaoyang theatre. It is the second time I met an LB there but the first time was last July at 4 am. It was then my first night in town and i assumed it would be easy to find more but i didn't until recently. are you in beijing now?
            i'm not in beijing now, but will likely visit later this year. unfortunately, the visit won't allow time for, ahem, meeting the locals.

Comment

Working...
            X