X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phnom Penh Travel

Headed to Phnom Penh soon...while I'm there, gonna fly to BKK (Ladyboy-Run) and back to Phnom Penh. Just wondering if any experienced Cambodia travellers can answer the following...

1. Do cell phones (from Thailand) provide coverage in Cambodia?
    2. What is the average flight cost from PNH to BKK?
    3. What airlines? And, any recommended travel agencies in Phnom Penh with websites?
    4. Opioniated question...comparing Angeles and Pattaya...how does Phnom Penh rate (nasty/clean?).
    5. Opionated question 2...how about the GGs (plentiful/easy?)

Thanks a lot for the help in advance!

Take it Easy and Sleeeezy! PATTAYALOVER

Hi PL...

Cambodian chicks are butt ugly! You'll be lucky if you can raise the flag with them!

Your cell phone may work along the border, but not in PP... (Mine used to work fine on all the border crossings.)

Hopefully others can add some better answers for you.

Comment

I can give you an answer to number 1) - if you have roaming enabled for your Thai sim card, then yes, your Thai number will work in Cambodia. However, I think that prepaid sim card numbers usually do not have that option and you will need a post paid number to get the roaming feature enabled. Remember the charges for roaming calls are much more than for a regular call.

I will trust other forum members more knowledgeable about the Cambodia scene can answer your other questions.

Also remember trying the search function, it is your friend, and can be quite helpful!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Pattayalover,

I can answer a few of your questions as a result of my visa run last year.

1.  Do cell phones (from Thailand) provide coverage in Cambodia?

My Thai mobile did not work in PP.

2.  What is the average flight cost from PNH to BKK?

Very cheap flight with Thai Air Asia. Think it cost 999 baht and about the same on the return. 1 hour flight , great new airport, visa on arrival, plenty of taxis etc.

3.  What airlines?  And, any recommended travel   agencies in Phnom Penh with websites?

Thai Air Asia and Thai International. If you feel lucky try President airlines.....

4.  Opioniated question...comparing Angeles and Pattaya...how does Phnom Penh rate (nasty/clean?).

Well considering I think Pattaya is a shit hole, PP is a beautiful  place. The thing that strikes you almost immediately is the amount of traffic, bikes, trucks and people. I stayed two days and loved the river front section, markets, history and the people.

5.  Opionated question 2...how about the GGs (plentiful/easy?)

Had a nice massage across the road from the Flamingo Hotel for $8.00 (1 Hour) and it was better than any massage I have had in Thailand. Better service as well.
        Didn't understand the scene and only saw older guys with very young girls so stayed away from the touts etc offering girls etc

Having some inside knowledge from a local expat would help . It was a better visa run then Vietinnae IMHO.

Comment

try the pizza at "herb's happy pizza" ask for extra happy. just don't eat to much to fast 1 or 2 slices only. you will have a happy day.

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
            X