X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New EU travel rules...

I think it around Oct1 st, you have to pre register all travel plans to destinations outside EU with the Govt. The fine is £5000 if you dont. .You will have to register by internet according to yesterdays press release. Actually i lost the article... any else have news on this

This is monitor islamic types and undesirables who travel aboad to cause trouble.

Here is the link to it from the Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...overnment.html

If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

The travel plans and personal details of every holidaymaker, business traveler and even duty free Calais day-tripper who leaves the UK are to be tracked by the friendly Labour Government but we don't actually have to do anything to alert them, so I don't know where you got that story from.

Hey... if we do have to register our travel plans it will certainly inconvenience the millions of illegals coming in and out of the UK each year!

Comment

This should make it nice and easy for terrorists to track down anyone they are intending to target.

Especially when the next dim-wit from some government department manages to leave their laptop on the bus.

Enyone ever heard of a book called 1984? OK so he was out by a few years.

RR.
        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
        Kahuna

Comment

1984 by George Orwell.  

A most prescient chap, he also called it right in Animal Farm...    

"All people are equal but some are more equal than others"
          Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

I remember reading that in High School and thinking how far fetched it was, that western world could never come to that, maybe Russia but never at home.

Now they big brother has probably taken it out of some classrooms. Watch out for the thought police.

Comment

Yes, how long ago was it we were making fun of Russia for requiring papers to go place to place?

Comment

Under the eBorders scheme it seems that you will have to provide your email address, credit cards and whole travel itinery as well as other stuff that they will keep for 10 years...

They said on the news today that some changes are going to take place as early as this Easter when random people will be pulled out at airports etc for a grilling. Congestion is expected at some airports

Comment

I see I'm expected to give the Government of the United Kingdom my credit card details!          

I think I'd sooner fill in a phishing e-mail!           Personal data lost.

Ooohhhh.........  I could have some real fun when I get back to the UK.    

RR.
                  Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                  Kahuna

Comment

yep you most certainly will be expected to give over all details,payments,c/cards flight numbers destinations duration etc etc. the ever oppressive land of hope and glory..............i now consider it time to get out of the uk for good,now today in the news they are putting fwd the idea of a minimum price on alcohol,they somehow seem to think buying a drink in the uk is cheap? eh wtf?...........£3.30 for a fuckin bud aint cheap!
                    how the fuck can it be legal to force traders to sell their products at a minimum price eh?..............fuck im mad an hate this shite hole........................

IM A BRIT........GET ME OUTA HERE!

no its not a game show its reality!
                    robbo

Comment

The scheme is full of holes as these things often are:
                      a) suppose someone decides to go to Paris for the day -how can they provide notice on the internet 24 hours in advance -and suppose its a business meeting where the person has to go to sign a contract, whatever--?

b) man gives internet notice of intention to travel to Paris, provides booking at the Ritz Hotel, leaves, etc -then checks out of Ritz, gets on a TGV to Marseille, gets on a ferry to Algiers/Tangier -or gets on a regular commuter train and ends up in Moscow via Strasbourg, Frankfurt, Warsaw, etc etc etc

And it won't stop terrorist outrages either.
                      Dexter Hines

Comment

spot on,as the more regulations and rules you make,the more you will rely on them to pick up every offence/problem.so what happens when someone manages to operate outside of these controls.................they get completely missed.....................then you have your perfect illegal immigrant or terrorist,undetected.
                        robbo

Comment

It gets worse, its also announced today that unpaid fines etc etc will also have to be paid at point of departure if the eBorders lot get their way...

Comment

Will be interesting to see how it works with me having dual nationality, especially as i will be returning to the UK as opposed to leaving. As i will be on a return ticket from Thailand I will be a visitor to the UK, NOT originating my journey there.
                            I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

It's Not April first yet!

Comment

Working...
                              X