X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York/US sim

where/how can i get a us simcard/number?

first make sure your phone is at least tri band, quad band will work too.

Non US dual band phones won't work in North America. T-mobile offers prepaid sim cards, but I don't know if they will ship outside of the US. If you can wait until you visit the US, then just buy the SIM card from a provider on arrival. There will probably be shops at the airport.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

T-Mobile is your only choice, go to EBay and look for people selling TMobile sims
      then you can have it shipped to you, or shipped to your hotel in USA.

I've seen other prepaid sims besides TMobile, but they were all bad deals for one reason or another.
      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

7-11 does not sell SIM cards according to their web site - but does offer very cheap phones with prepaid service: 7/11 Phone cards and financial Services

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Pretty sure that is what I posted earlier but where in the world did it go
          You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

In my experience AT&T is the best...if for only one reason...T-Mobile won't work in Thailand...
            AT&T does....and you can buy AT&T sims on eBay as well....
            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

I'm uneducated on SIM cards...what you're saying is; you buy a phone in the US (ie AT & T) with dual or tri band...take out the US SIM card already installed and replace (or add) it with a Thai SIM card so you can use both US and Thai connection...basically, using your US cell phone in Thailand--to avoid roaming costs I assume?
              Here I sit broken hearted, tried to shit but only farted. I am not worthy until I have at least 1,000 posts to my name on the LB Forum.

Comment

I was assuming that olekunde has a tri-band phone from some country outside the USA, and plans on visiting the USA for a short time.

When I am in that situation, I use EBay to order a TMobile Pre Pay SIM card.
                "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

i've seen many of t-mobile store all over USA..

if you can't find one, they have store locator and also international hotspot locator if you need it on their website
                  "Most guys live their lives in the shade of the fear of what their macho friends will think about them" -- Mr. DJW

Comment

There are T Mobile & AT&T stores all over NYC, both are sim card candidates. Some phones have wifi now & there are a lot of hotspots in NYC if you want to use Skype, never tried it myself....

Comment

I agree with kahuna.. At&T is the best and has good network in USA. T-Mobile sucks you will get plenty of drop calls I am speaking with personal experience
                      "Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the world"
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X