X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane tickets from Zurich to BKK

I'm now looking for my airfares, incase I could arrange a vacation in the LOS in Feb...

Problem: the tickets are damn expensive!

Current price for leaving 13/02 in the evening and coming back 27/02 in the morning is about 1550 CHF.
    I can't leave earlier and I can't arrive later.
    My starting point is Zurich, Switzerland.

Any suggestions?

yeah, i had the same Flight Number.. OS 25 and OS 26...
    But CHEAPEEEEERRR... lol

eehhmmm. sorry..

Check from Milan with Quatar or Emirates.

Probably you will finally meet the Panzer in flesh and boner if in Pattaya those dates.

You can always ask Celentano...........
    Attached Files
    My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror.  ~W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

At Moment the Prices are very expensive..
      I think will fall down after New Year..

Option Milano?

Milano/ Malpensa - BKK
      13.02- 27.02
      Emirates Fr.1165 incl. Taxes
      Qatar Fr.1188 incl. Taxes
      Etihad Fr 1188

The Cheapest i found is with Charter with Blue-Express.com
      Milano-Bangkok Non Stop Roundtrip Fr. 852 incl. Taxes
      Dates, 12.02 - 26.02
      But have just a Sit for go to BKK, Return is Full

Zurich- BKK
      Qatar 13.02- 27.02 Fr. 1308 incl. Taxes

Comment

Just did a quick search on checkfelix.com and flights came up starting from 755 Euro (roughly 1,420 CHF) but u need to check the exact dep times + itinerary yrself to find the best connection. Perhaps something decent is available ...

Might see you in Feb then. I'll be arriving in the LOS on Feb 9.

Cheers
        CM

Comment

My guess is that many airlines have their 2010 budgets based on all passengers paying full fare! I'm pretty sure Thai Airways will have done  

And they are all concentrating on taking BA customers, and filling their boots with eager flyers over Christmas/New year.

Reality should dawn again by mid January, with some reasonable offers for Feb.  But KIV you are arriving at Chinese New Year.
          TT

Comment

BA will take years to recover, if they survive at all, after this inopportune strike. Talk about the union shooting themself in the foot.

Right now, there is almost no airline in the world making money.

The Middle East operations are getting by on free fuel. Royal Brunei can do the same.

I have just read where the era of cheap flights are over for the independent airlines.

State-owned companies may come to the party to stimulate tourism but don't expect Thai Air to be offering any great deals.

They are in a big hole - official tourist numbers for this year that were trumpeted in October were said to exceed last years number of 16.5 million travellers.

Hard to believe when the world was treated to sights of red shirts occupying the airport for a week & the continuing riots of red shirts versus yellow shirts.

There were mass cancellations of visits & many countries are still warning against travel to Thailand.

Now I have just been told by a clued up colleague in LOS that tourist numbers will not be more than 6.5 million visitors for 2009.

There is no indication if 2010 will see an improvement but more riots will hardly help.

Now I just need Bigmick to tell me off for being pessimistic again...    
            Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Now I have just been told by a clued up colleague in LOS that tourist numbers will not be more than 6.5 million visitors for 2009.
              wow...
              6.5 seems hard to believe. most pessimistic media write about -30 to -40%.
              http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2009/1...s-on-arrivals/

and... I'm just thinking about the new visa regulations with the visa runs every 2 weeks now... wouldn't that dramatically increase statistics?

anyway...

I'll be on the lookout for fares.

Comment

(manarak @ Dec. 17 2009,04:27) I'm now looking for my airfares, incase I could arrange a vacation in the LOS in Feb...

Current price for leaving 13/02 in the evening and coming back 27/02 in the morning is about 1550 CHF.

Any suggestions?

But CHEAPEEEEERRR... lol

eehhmmm. sorry..
                leaving from small province airport is damned expansive..you should targeted big european airport....such as Paris or frankfurt( closer from your home)...they are with london the cheapest departure point in europe, with many connection

Actually you can find a good deal on air china, via Beijing.;departure frankfurt for 1048 franc suisse(698 euro) all taxes include departure 7.20 pm arriving bangkok 6.05PM...
                you can book on air china directly for more detail
                otherwise from paris with also air china 1176 francs suisse all taxes included or 783 euros

Hope it will help you

Comment

Zurich-Bejing-BKK??
                  OMG.. how many hours..?
                  No, i prefer a Non Stop or a Stopover on Way to BKK, somewhere like Dubai, Doha or Vienna..
                  is on the way to BKK, but i don't want fly to Bejing and fly back to BKK..

Comment

(huanzhen @ Dec. 17 2009,22:54)
                    (manarak @ Dec. 17 2009,04:27) I'm now looking for my airfares, incase I could arrange a vacation in the LOS in Feb...

Any suggestions?

But CHEAPEEEEERRR... lol

eehhmmm. sorry..
                    leaving from small province airport is damned expansive..you should targeted big european airport....such as Paris or frankfurt( closer from your home)...they are with london the cheapest departure point in europe, with many connection

Actually you can find a good deal on air china, via Beijing.;departure frankfurt for 1048 franc suisse(698 euro) all taxes include departure 7.20 pm arriving bangkok 6.05PM...
                    you can book on air china directly for more detail
                    otherwise from  paris with also air china  1176 francs suisse all taxes included or 783 euros

Hope it will help you
                    thanks for the hint huanzen, but Air China wants 1500 EUR for that flight.

FRA-BKK 16:45 hours
                    BKK-FRA 19:30 hours

I guess if I take the 22:00 hours it will be cheaper.

I still have to get to FRA and back to ZRH, mind you.

Comment

Hello.

I found thisfor 878 EURO,not Cheap, but direct flight and your times.

Flugnummer ab an von nach

13.02. TG 0971 13:15 06:00+1 Zürich, ZRH Bangkok, BKK
                      27.10. TG 0970 00:30 07:35 Bangkok, BKK Zürich, ZRH

Look at skyways.de

They have two cheaper ones but with overnight-stay in DUBAI ore Doha,and i think that kills the offers.( quatar is 704 ,Emirates is 777 EURO BY THE WAY)

Comment

This probably won't/can't help you much, but my strategy is to use a Frequent Flyer credit card all year long for all my purchases, then use the miles accumulated along with the purchase of some instant miles to get my trip from the USA to LOS relatively cheaply.

When I looked into booking this years LOS trip, my Alaska Air account had almost 40,000 miles in it. This meant if I wanted to fly Cathay Pacific Business Class, I needed an additional 60,000 miles (or I could fly Coach for 60,000 miles total). I discovered Alaska was offering 20% bonus miles with instant miles purchased at .0275 (2.75 cents per mile). This meant that for $1,035 (including all taxes) I could book a roundtrip Business Class ticket for January to Feb. 2010. This was a pretty good deal. I recently went and checked and the cheapest I could find just the San Francisco to BKK Business Class portion was $5,445 from Kayak or Expedia. So for a grand, I got roundtrip First Class accommodations from Seattle to San Francisco and Business Class from SFO to Hong Kong and Hong Kong to BKK. The flight times are great (leave Seattle 7pm Tues, arrive BKK noon Friday) and the seats are fantastic. I'll get onboard here in SFO at midnight, watch a movie until about 3am, pop a Xanax (got a script from my Doc just for this purpose) and then snooze until an hour before arrival in Hong Kong. The seat/bed is amazing, and I arrive in BKK without the jet lag and misery. All for a measly $1,035!!! It would cost that much for a Cattle Car Coach Class ticket under normal circumstances. In fact, it was $1100 just for the SFO to BKK leg in coach!

A little math reveals that buying the instant miles outright, even if you don't have a balance in your Frequent Flyer account with Alaska Airlines, would save you a ton of money on this flight. And when I checked just now, they are running a special and offering 30% bonus miles with every purchase! Thus, if you bought 70,000 miles it should work out to about $1,925 before taxes for the roundtrip North America to Asia flight using Cathay Pacific. And obviously, getting the card and using it (responsibly) for all your purchases over the next year or two could cut those costs dramatically.

This won't help you in Austria I'm afraid, but I thought other USA readers may be checking your thread and this could hopefully give them some ideas how to handle this themselves in the future.

Good luck to you Manarak!
                        Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

(schotte @ Dec. 19 2009,14:21) Hello.

I found thisfor 878 EURO,not Cheap, but direct flight and your times.

Flugnummer ab an von nach

13.02. TG 0971 13:15 06:00+1 Zürich, ZRH Bangkok, BKK
                          27.10. TG 0970 00:30 07:35 Bangkok, BKK Zürich, ZRH

Look at skyways.de

They have two cheaper ones but with overnight-stay in DUBAI ore Doha,and i think that kills the offers.( quatar is 704 ,Emirates is 777 EURO BY THE WAY)
                          not bad, Schotte - you honor your username!

but my flight back is unfortunately already on 27/02 not 27/10... eight months, that would be a dream!

Comment

(pacman @ Dec. 17 2009,10:24) Now I just need Bigmick to tell me off for being pessimistic again...    
                            I'm still waiting for all my friends to die of Swine Flu
                            No honey, no money!!

Comment

(deepthroat @ Dec. 19 2009,14:55) This probably won't/can't help you much, but my strategy is to use a Frequent Flyer credit card all year long for all my purchases, then use the miles accumulated along with the purchase of some instant miles to get my trip from the USA to LOS relatively cheaply.

When I looked into booking this years LOS trip, my Alaska Air account had almost 40,000 miles in it. This meant if I wanted to fly Cathay Pacific Business Class, I needed an additional 60,000 miles (or I could fly Coach for 60,000 miles total). I discovered Alaska was offering 20% bonus miles with instant miles purchased at .0275 (2.75 cents per mile). This meant that for $1,035 (including all taxes) I could book a roundtrip Business Class ticket for January to Feb. 2010. This was a pretty good deal. I recently went and checked and the cheapest I could find just the San Francisco to BKK Business Class portion was $5,445 from Kayak or Expedia. So for a grand, I got roundtrip First Class accommodations from Seattle to San Francisco and Business Class from SFO to Hong Kong and Hong Kong to BKK. The flight times are great (leave Seattle 7pm Tues, arrive BKK noon Friday) and the seats are fantastic. I'll get onboard here in SFO at midnight, watch a movie until about 3am, pop a Xanax (got a script from my Doc just for this purpose) and then snooze until an hour before arrival in Hong Kong. The seat/bed is amazing, and I arrive in BKK without the jet lag and misery. All for a measly $1,035!!!  It would cost that much for a Cattle Car Coach Class ticket under normal circumstances. In fact, it was $1100 just for the SFO to BKK leg in coach!

A little math reveals that buying the instant miles outright, even if you don't have a balance in your Frequent Flyer account with Alaska Airlines, would save you a ton of money on this flight. And when I checked just now, they are running a special and offering 30% bonus miles with every purchase! Thus, if you bought 70,000 miles it should work out to about $1,925 before taxes for the roundtrip North America to Asia flight using Cathay Pacific. And obviously, getting the card and using it (responsibly) for all your purchases over the next year or two could cut those costs dramatically.

This won't help you in Austria I'm afraid, but I thought other USA readers may be checking your thread and this could hopefully give them some ideas how to handle this themselves in the future.

Good luck to you Manarak!
                              I just checked again yesterday, apparently, Royal Jordanian threw some seats on the market.

approx. 1380 CHF zrh-bkk and back at the requested dates, but one way is 16 hours and back 21 hours... :-(

I'd still go for the 10,5 hours direct flight.

And about miles cards - in Europe, you only get crap with these cards. The miles expire faster than I can accumulate them and there are heavy restrictions on how you can use the miles.
                              Not worth the hassle in my opinion, except if you fly twice a week.

Comment

Working...
                              X