Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I flew Expedia, but it was pretty expensive being that it was a Christmas season flight. It was cheaper than all the other well-advertised services (Priceline, Travelocity, et al).

Comment

Since I noticed the massive price differences from paying for tickets in the UAE, I go direct through Emirates and book the flights the other way round.

Booked one way Economy to BKK - automatically upgraded to Business as flight is full (due to Gold Card). Result.

Buy Business Class return BKK-DXB-BKK in Thailand for circa 56,000baht - a saving of around 40,000baht on what I would have paid had I had bought it in DXB. Flew back to DXB in J Class and came back last week using the return leg with an automatic upgrade to First Class on A380 (again due to Gold Card). Even better result.  

Comment

Not a bad idea -I'll look into that cos I'm getting very tired of cattle class!

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

from manchester there are 3 options: qatar, etihad, or opodo seems to sell the flights for 5 quid less.
          expedia are evil fuckers  

Comment

Actually, use Kayak and register.

Study the price graph for your destination, you'll most probably notice that the price varies by 100% in 4 to 7 days phases (i.e. the same flight costs 800 one day and 1600 three days later).

Then define a price you agree to pay and setup a price alert on Kayak.
            You will receive a mail automatically when the price drops again. Very useful! but then book quickly.

Comment

If going from USA, look into a consolidator.  Go to the library and look at the Sunday New York Times or LA Times and jot down number and start calling.  If you are flexible with your airlines and dates, some great bargains can be had, incl. stopovers.

From Bangkok, you cannot beat the price and service of Chawla Travel.  Ask for Rani.  http://www.chawlatravel.com - they are in Patpong so when you pick up your ticket, there is a blowjob thrown in at Star of Light for only 700 baht service charge!  

Comment

Working...
              X