X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel prices for Perth in November?

yes I've used the search button, checked out rates to go, travellerspoint etc and seem to have reached an average of about Aud 110-120 for a hotel room per night in Perth. Guess I've got to get used to Western prices for a couple of days! What I'm interested in is some local knowledge if this is about right for Oz. I'm doing a visa run and just need somewhere cheapy cheerul but not a doss house for 3 nights. Criterion and Kings both on Hay Street are looking aboiut the best at the moment. Looks like 3 nights in a hotel is gonna cost me almost the same as my flights (B12885 on AA) via KL!

Grateful for any advice.
    I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

The metro in Como has just been renovated and is apparently quite good I guess it depends on where u want to be in central perth or you dont mind being out a little bit Have you been to Perth? if not maybe check out Fremantle also
    lets see you in the chatroom

Comment

Get yourself down to the Margaret River Wine areas - stunningly beautiful.
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Perth is more expensive than it has any right to be. Ridiculous actually but that's what you get when over a trillion dollars of mining investment in the past 10 years has been funnelled through the place.

With a population of 1.6 million, the place takes up an area the size of Greater London & is now about 120 kms north to south.

Trust me, you don't want to venture to those outer suburbs, there is nothing there & the public transport is inadequate.

The CBD is being dragged into the 21st century with new bars, etc opening alongside new high rise apartment blocks. Before the past few decades, the city literally closed every evening at 5.30pm.

This isn't a place that was designed by sophiticates but the pace of change is dramatic.

And if the government doesn't make Perth a desirable location, then the mining industry will be screaming. Screaming more that is, it is they who are demanding the modernisation of the place.

For too long Perth residents enjoyed the picture perfect lifestyle content that if it is boring for visitors then they won't come & try & change anything. Well they lost that fight but the city can still boast a stunning setting overseen by Kings Park, 1200 acres of natural bushland on its doorstep.

Imagine working & living 10 minutes drive from the best beaches in the world because that is its other claim to fame. Providing you have a car & can afford $5 for a coffee & $10 for a glass of wine.

Good call on the Clarion Hotel, I notice lots of reps stay there these days & they always know a bargain. It is very central with a big restaurant on the ground floor.

But it wouldn't be my recommendation. Falla's suggestion of staying in the port city of Fremantle will put you right in the middle of a cosmopolitan lifestyle with cafes, bars, clubs, restaurants, coffee shops, everything you need to fill in your day.

You can walk to the beach, to the fishing boat harbour, to the port, there is plenty to do close at hand, which is more than you say for the CBD. Plus you can take the ferry up to Perth for one day at least. You can even go past Perth for a Wine Tour, very popular with visitors who are seen arriving back in an intoxicated state.

I don't know what is available in your budget but I don't mind making some enquiries if you let me know what dates you will be here.
        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

$100 to $200 AUD per night will be about right unfortunately... Perth is a beautiful, clean, boring and pricey city. Head over to China Town/Northbridge for good food/entertainment that's within walking distance of the CBD..

KL is correct in suggesting Margaret River down South is even more beautiful, but then again, even more pricey..

Fremantle is as Pacman suggests a vibrant, multicultural and a cool place but at night, turns into a freak zone full of angry white trash.. Weird cause during the day, it's a ripper!

Just another opinion,

PC

Comment

Working...
          X