X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent Flyer Trip On Continental

Friend of mine has never used frequent flyer miles before. He has 65K miles with Continental which should be enough to fly from New York (Newark EWR) to Bangkok using the Pacific route though perhaps not enough to using the Atlantic route.

I have only used FF miles in the Untited program so the Continental program might have differences despite the merger.

He will be mostly staying in Pattaya but maybe this is a good opportunity to see elsewhere.

I have been able to combine Bangkok and Bali on the same ticket using FF miles.

What other combos have you used?

I would assume anywhere Thai flies is an option since they are in the Star Alliance.. So he could make Phuket the ultimate destination.

How about international? China? Visa issues?

What would you do if you had a freee ticket from North America to Asia and could choose Bangkok and one other Star Alliance destination?

PD,

I believe he will need 75K points to travel to Asia from North America. This is usually the Star Alliance amount and now that Continental is part of United I wouldn't think it would be dissimilar.

I have used points for travel many times but never for more than one destination.

You need a Visa for China but they are very easy to obtain. I prefer Shanghai over Beijing. Tokyo is also worth a visit.

Comment

CO levels for North America to South Asia is 65K.

http://www.continental.com/web....27c.pdf

Not sure if a stopover is allowed on this award, you might want to cruise the FlyerTalk.com board, Continental section.

When UA and CO consolidate their awards, they will shore up differences. Talk is that they will intorduce one-way Star Alliance awards and also no longer allow stopovers. I'm hearing that this might happen as early as Nov 1. If he can get a ticket booked with a stopover, I'd do that right now.

Comment

Working...
      X