X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burma-any news ?

I am planning my wintertrip this year to Burma and I wonder if anyone has information from there . Yangon- nightlife /ladyboys ?
    I promise a detailled report !

Ernesto

My last visit was December 2003 (that is 8 years ago) and I could not find a single LB in Yangon, but girls in regular jobs (i.e Hotel receptionists) made it obvious they were available and in restaurants and hotels "Front of House Staff" were prettier than the majority.

Things may (must?) have loosened up in the last eight years.

Good hunting - I know if they exist you will find them!

Comment

Thanks for your reply,there will probably more GGs than ladyboys (if any at all ) but never mind I am open for all of them

Ernesto

Comment

many of the big hotel bars are pick up spots. There are even a few farang woman availiable as the expats men go for the much better looking burmese woman

Comment

Ernesto - Your information is correct in so far as you can only enter and leave Burma (Myanmar) via Yangon airport.

Even (foreign) people with very high connections cannot fly from Bangkok to Bagan or Inle Lake without first passing through immigration at Yangon - and because of connections and use of air-space by the Junta, one cannot avoid an overnight stay in Yangon even with a private plane at one's disposal.

(So I was told by my December/January Clients who want to do a few days in Bagan and Inle Lake).

Comment

Ernesto, I haven't commented about Burma because I hoped that someone would post information that was current. My two visits to the regime were many years ago.

I am sure if there was any sort of ladyboy scene there, we would be aware of it. I know prostitution is illegal in Burma & considered a serious crime yet I read there are many prostitutes in the country. The locals who turn to prostitution do so out of desperation such is the poverty.

There are reports of many sex slaves taken out of Burma, many of them only children plus the incidence of AIDS among sex workers is high. Over 50% according to some statistics that are available but I wouldn't vouch for the accuracy of that number.

I could not recommend Burma as a destination for a bit of innocent fun. The very thought that the girl you take back to your room has no choice in the matter, may be underage & that you could face serious charges if you are caught would make the whole idea untenable for me.

As for LB's, I am fairly sure that those who are there (and there must be some, I have heard of Burmese LBs in LOS) are not dressing up as girls. And if hormones are available in Burma, the average local wouldn't be able to afford them anyway. Do you really want to go asking around if there are any sissy boys prepared to come back to your hotel to dress in lingerie for money? I am sure the locals would think you are crazy.
            Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

When I was there a few years ago most of the action for farangs centers around the hotels. A friend female who was teaching there in a international school thought she had a night of fun with one of the marine guards from the Embassy. After chatting at the bar for a few hours he excuses himself and walks over to one of the very cute Burmese girls in the bar chats her up a few minutes and out the door they go.

Needless to say my friend was devastated. My reaction when she told me the story was lose about 50lbs and maybe you will have a chance, I thought this with my fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
              X