First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price comparison

Hi,
    Ok being a big time newbie:
    only one visit to Bkk to date...possibly more forthcoming, one solitary visit to GB, and my first visit to this forum. I have a question which I am sure I could have posted in a more general location but GB is the only LB bar I have been in so why not stick with whatcha know (in my case not a hell of a lot lol that's why I'm asking)
    What is the typical going rate for ST, LT, etc. for your typical LB? Is the rate purely at the discretion of the LB (ie how slow buisiness is tha night) or is there a basic set standard? Does the rate vary much between bars in Bkk? (not that I can't afford it, but I am tryng to guage numbers from someone other than a LB whose perspective who is tied to maximizing profits)

Off topic, for what my opinion is worth, I only read about and saw pics of the old GB so my impression when I walked in the current version was that it was smaller establishment than I imagined it would be but for all the people in another thread who seemed put off by the volume of the music, I did not find it too loud. Also being a non-smoker I was glad I did not have to worry about that either.
    I was treated very well but for all my prior research into the whole bar scene etiquette thing I never knew all the basic rules so I ended up buying a drink for whoever asked for one . Next time I'll be sure to sit at the bar first and just survey the scene for a bit!!!

All rates are negotiable!

In BKK, my "fair price" rates will be ST THB1,500 and LT THB2,500.

I've offered THB1,000 before, just to knock the girl's price to THB1,500 which I have no problem accepting. Or sometimes if they do take THB1,000, I promise a tip to get them more service oriented.

LT is alot harder to negotiate. I've had instances where a LT accord was reached but not performed, i.e., the girl wants to head home to her bf at 3am. At this point, I tend to pay her less than the LT fee we originally agreed.

That's my 2 cents worth. I'm sure there will be others jumping in and saying that I'm spoiling the market and what not. My only response is "Dude, relax, they'll still spread them for THB1,000. I need to pay more to compensate for my looks, or the lack of."
    Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again.

Comment

I'm certainly not an expert but I think you will find that the asking price in most all NEP bars and the Guess Bar is 1500 ST and 3000 LT...

You can try and negotiate down if you like, but if the girl is happy your opportunity for happiness increases also...And why argue over 500 baht...Makes no sense to me...
      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Words of wisdom.

Comment

(kahuna @ Mar. 17 2008,11:37) ...And why argue over 500 baht...Makes no sense to me...
          500bt. is a ST. in Soi6....
          So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

There's billy and there's other folks!

I love billy but we ain't ever gonna share a tuk tuk!

Comment

Ahhh, interesting insight, thank you. I paid around 5000 Baht to hang out for an entire day (LT+?) but of course was told that I was getting a good deal. I was told that with multiple ST in one evening they could make upwards of 10,000 but would average in the 6,000 range for a decent night.

Comment

(Chitarrista @ Mar. 17 2008,00:25) so I ended up buying a drink for whoever asked for one   .  
                Too bad I wasn't there.

There's a very wide spead between the least a girl will take and the most a guy will pay so just about any price that you think is fair is going to be OK.

Best is to get clear upfront what the shorttime price will be.

Comment

It also depends who it is your interested in - same as anywhere - certain girls attract much higher interest than others and tend to set their own expectation of cash accordingly. Also depends on how flush/short she is at any given time, how much they actually want to go with you etc etc - makes for a huge variance.

Cheers
                  Mardhi

Comment

I paid around 5000 Baht...
                    She'll be comin' round the mountain when she comes, she'll be comin' round the mountain when she comes, she'll be comin' round the mountain, comin' round the mountain, comin' round the mountain when she comes...
                    Attached Files

Comment

You "swallowed" a song book or somethin Stogie  or a bit of that boy Mod    
                      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(69billy @ Mar. 17 2008,17:57) 500bt. is a ST. in Soi6....
                          and i thought i was a tight ass at 800 baht ST in soi 6

Nice one Billy!!

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

I guess the oblique correlation between paying 5,000 baht and Goofy didn't quite work then, eh?

Comment

Lets face it paying 5000b seems to actual pale in comparison with new tits, nose jobs, designer 40,000b handbags etc. I wonder who it was - personally I would not have any qualms at giving 5000b to Ohm, just dont think Jay would be tooooo pleased with me

Cheers
                              Mardhi

Comment

Working...
                              X