Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Chip In 2 Get PC Juke Box @ Guess?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Chip In 2 Get PC Juke Box @ Guess?

this is a simple idea that i came up with.

everyone agrees that the music and the situation needs some sort of mitigation at Guess Bar. how about regulars chip in and help to buy a pc with a juke box program like WinAmp or Music Match installed? then folks can load their tunes into, as well as jay and the girls. i have about 60 gigs of mp3s i could load in there right now.

then when someone wants to hear a tune they simply put their chosen tune into the current playlist, and it will play when it comes up in turn. give the bar every other tune choice, or every 2nd or 3rd one to be fair. just like rounds at the pool table.

if someone wants they can build their own playlist too, then customers can reference tunes by playlist also.

i know that jay would have to comply, but she just might. then if she gets wi-fi, she would also be able offer that to customers and the girls.

everyone can read the forums, post and send email to their johns overseas.

good idea, bad idea.

a pc at Panthip is now between 16 and 20K.

I WILL CONTRIBUTE THE FIRST 2,000 baht if there are enough respondents and someone who knows how to talk to jay, someone she trusts, explains it all to her.

i think this is a win/win situation.
    1. Yes, in the interest of good listening and good times I would contribute a few baht to help out.
    0%
    2. No, i will not help, but if others do, i will surely take advantage of their good will.
    0%
    3. Are you nuts, its a business, why should i help them out?
    0%
    4. You asking me for money?
    0%

I like the music, and if you don't then just burn your own CD and give it to Gong to play.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

i agree with snick, dont have a problem with the music, not sure how Jay would feel aboutit, but having said that the thought have having a peace of hardware for free!!!
      but would rather spend my 2000 on taking top for a bit of fun

Comment

bkkldby
        have to ask who are the lucky ladies in your avator

Comment

(jaime24 @ Jul. 15 2008,07:40) i agree with snick, dont have a problem with the music, not sure how Jay would feel aboutit, but having said that the thought have having a peace of hardware for free!!!
          i said i would contribute 2,000, i did not say or ask that others contribute as much.

all i am trying to do is figure out a way to get them to respond with out all of the bs that many customers get.

i have politely asked them on several occasions to vary the music or turn it down and i have never gotten any other response than a flat NO and poor attitude afterward.

i even went up the food chain to jay, and she chose to ignore me.

Comment

(jaime24 @ Jul. 15 2008,07:41) bkkldby
            have to ask who are the lucky ladies in your avator  
            three girls from Cascade.

1 is still there.
            1 is in Sg for the past 3 months working the club scene.
            and the other i have not seen in 2 months.

the one on the far right is still at Cascade when she can drag her awesome ass out of bed and get there that is.

Comment

(bkkldby @ Jul. 15 2008,02:00)
              (jaime24 @ Jul. 15 2008,07:40) i agree with snick, dont have a problem with the music, not sure how Jay would feel aboutit, but having said that the thought have having a peace of hardware for free!!!
              i said i would contribute 2,000, i did not say or ask that others contribute as much.

all i am trying to do is figure out a way to get them to respond with out all of the bs that many customers get.

i have politely asked them on several occasions to vary the music or turn it down and i have never gotten any other response than a flat NO and poor attitude afterward.

LOL
              i understood that you siad you would put in the first 2000,
              i mearly replied what i would prefer to do with my 2000
              but the best of luck with your scheme,
              what ever happens i like guess and the music and will keep on going to the bar, at the end of the day its the girls i go for, and spent most of my last trip in there,

and thanks for the info regarding the photo, il ike your style

Comment

(bkkldby @ Jul. 15 2008,02:00) Maybei have never gotten any other response than a flat NO and poor attitude afterward.

Maybe they don't like you...
                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(kahuna @ Jul. 15 2008,09:04)
                  (bkkldby @ Jul. 15 2008,02:00) Maybei have never gotten any other response than a flat NO and poor attitude afterward.

Maybe they don't like you...
                  i will assume this is another friendly poke.

i am sure they do not like me.

but that has nothing to do with me ever being impolite or complaining.

all i do is drink, chat and pay bar fines 2 or 3 times a week.

all i have ever done is ask for them to vary the music and turn it down a bit, something that it would appear many customers have been asking for ages.

so i guess they really do not like most of us, and resent that we interrupt their play time at the pool table or ask for anything at all.

IMHO: what they are is very short sighted and inherently lazy.

Comment

Sorry but I choose number 3. No way, no how should anyone have to give money. That is the price of doing business plain and simple. You listen to your customers, take in to account their suggestions and then act appropriatly. Asking your customers to pony up donations for a juke box because the music in Guess Bar basically sucks is outrageous.

Comment

Outrageous yes, but don't forget it is a fellow customer asking ...

What is really ridiculous is that we are keener on improving the place than the person who stands to benefit the most - the owner Jay.

I have to keep reminding myself that the Guess Bar is not located in some parallel universe, but in Thailand, just as bad I suppose
                      Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(bkkldby @ Jul. 15 2008,03:48) i will assume this is another friendly poke.
                        i am sure they do not like me.
                        but that has nothing to do with me ever being impolite or complaining.
                        all i do is drink, chat and pay bar fines 2 or 3 times a week.
                        all i have ever done is ask for them to vary the music and turn it down a bit, something that it would appear many customers have been asking for ages.
                        so i guess they really do not like most of us, and resent that we interrupt their play time at the pool table or ask for anything at all.
                        IMHO: what they are is very short sighted and inherently lazy.
                        Sorry...I'm not a good guy or funny man like Jimslim...I'm one of the resident assholes here...As an aside, perhaps if you read a more here, you might understand a bit more about some of us BM's...

However, it certainly seems to me that they might view your requests as a complaint...

I probably visit the bar as often as anyone here when I'm in BKK...and I think they do respect me as a customer...and I don't usually barfine Guess girls...I don't complain to them or ask them to change their music or lower the volume for me...That doesn't mean I like it...I just don't complain to them...

I would wager if you walked in with a handful of cash and told Jay the money was to be used to purchase a jukebox for the customers' use...She would likely show up the next day with a new designer outfit and a pair of very expensive shoes...A gift is just a gift...

What you view as their short-sightedness and laziness is likely just Thainess...and you ain't gonna change it and neither am I...The solution is simple...either accept it or don't go to the bar...Whether the bar succeeds or fails is up to them...not us...
                        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

I can not personally see how this would rectify the music situation. If anything it would cause more problems. No doubt, it would not only be patrons that contribute, but some staff also. This would just cause a lot more friction, plus where would the pc be placed?
                          Lets say that everyone contributed an equal share, i'm sure that the bm's would not actually see there share, or be able to control decible levels.
                          So back to square one with bm's out of pocket. A bm who manages to get to bkk once a year might struggle with the idea of paying a contribution for others enjoyment..................
                          i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

(kahuna @ Jul. 15 2008,04:36) The solution is simple...either accept it or don't go to the bar...
                            pretty funny thread when in reality Kahuna hits it out of the ballpark [as usual] with this one short line

Big Dogs to meet and chat with friends, Obsessions to meet a cute ladyboy, seems to work very well. music is un-important to me in these places and usually pretty horrible everywhere in Thailand; no one will ever match the selection I have in my fake Ipod so why even bother looking
                            Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

(Snick @ Jul. 14 2008,19:19) I like the music, and if you don't then just burn your own CD and give it to Gong to play.
                              That's exactly what I did tonight...

I showed up at 7pm with a disc of 3 hours of music that I liked (or - at least - thought that others might not find to strange and/or unusual...

They happily accepted the gift and I sat there for three hours with some great chums listening to great music at a sensible level of volume.

The problem with installing a jukebox is that it will be loaded with all the songs from the night before when all the girls were drunk and dancing to brainless bass riffs.

The answer is to 'BYOM' (bring your own music!)

Tonight was the perfect night in Guess Bar...

The music was not offensive...
                              The music was not loud...
                              The girls had their tongues stapled when playing pool...
                              Nobody hit on me except for the poisoned fembot, Top...
                              Half a dozen cool guys were there and I could here what they were saying...
                              (downside is that they all thought Stogie was a total bastard - I was undercover!)

If it was like that every night the I'd go there a lot more often.

Thanks to Gong, Jay, Jay's annoying gg sister and a bunch of others...

Comment

Working...
                              X