Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BKK bars during the airport shutdown...

havent made it out to the BKK LB bars for a while...i'm wondering if they are empty these last days as there are no new tourists coming in, or is it that the stranded 100,000 tourist who can't leave are out and about, or are there enough local expats keeping them busy?

...as i am thinking there are 2 sides to the percieved benefits of a 'no customers' LB bar.

it might be great to have them all to yourself...
    but-
    the desperation of hungry and unpaid LBs can be fierce and high pressure!

Comment

the first scenario would be awesome having them all to yourself. But the second would be like throwing a sheep into a lions den.

Comment

I'm not sure about everyone else but by the end of a trip I'm pretty low on funds. I've got a sneaking suspicion I'm not the only one who wouldn't be able to afford to go out to a bar after 2 or 3 days of unplanned overstay.
        Anthonymustang

Comment

I believe it's quiet in the bars right now
          No honey, no money!!

Comment

My report from a friend on Walking St. last night... bars open and packed with HOT girls everywhere ... & very few customers. Reduced barfines can be had.... this is the time to be there if you can. There was a 3 for one special at one of the bars... that's 3 girls for the price you'd pay for one... WOW!

Comment

Yes - but we can't get into the bloody country
              No honey, no money!!

Comment

(bigmick22 @ Dec. 02 2008,02:38) Yes - but we can't get into the bloody country
                (Tap Tap Tap on Bigmick's Shoulder) Ummmmm......Did you forget that some of us "ARE" in the country presently???

Nhscotsman

Comment

didn't forget - just don't care
                  No honey, no money!!

Comment

(bigmick22 @ Dec. 01 2008,14:38) Yes - but we can't get into the bloody country
                    Sure you can, if you wanted to bad enough, and had the time and the funds. If I was in a position time and money wise right now, I'd just fly to Tokyo, and from there to Cambodia and take a bus over to Thailand. Or fly to HK and then direct into CM or Pooket.
                    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

If you can get to Kuala Lumpur, AirAsia have a daily flight to Utapao available now www.airasia.com

Comment

it would be more like the thais to put par fines up than reduce them, TIT
                        just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Looking good for Mick and i at christmas though
                          just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

From what I have heard its been very quiet in BKK - I have not been in BKK but I popped out last week in Pattaya and it was very very quiet in the bars.

Cheers
                            Mardhi

Comment

(donnnnnny @ Dec. 03 2008,19:34) Looking good for Mick and i  at christmas  though
                              boobs, babes, beer and booze all the way

Merry Bloody Xmas to us!!
                              No honey, no money!!

Comment

Working...
                              X