X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF happened to PATPONG?

Good grief... what the fuck happened here?

I didn't like it much when it was full of gypsies and scumbags but now Patpong has been deserted by them it's gotten worse!

Popped by 'Crazy 3' (KC3) tonight and it was full of crap talent and hasbeens that would make the owner of Temptations jump for joy!

If the club was situated within the confines of a prison, or worse... the UK, then OK; I would have been tempted by a few... But as it's somewhere close to the epicenter of the ladyboy universe then it's a disgrace. I wouldn't shag any of them. It's like walking down Soi 6 in Pattaya during the day - frankly it's an offense on my senses...

There's no chance of getting ripped off here anymore, though. They are so desperate to get guys in the door that there's a big sign above the cashier saying "If you want to complain call here..."

I went in there tonight expecting to spend a few thousand baht (as I was going to see some working chums of Olay's) but such was the resignation and defeated atmosphere I ended up with a full and fat wallet when I went home... (and I'm not complaining about that!)

Anyone else been there recently? I'd be interested to hear from you...

interesting stogie,and i like the bit about the "complain here" sign ,id think it was a joke if it wasnt LOS..........it would be no surprise if patpong bars close alltogether in a few years,its a real shame because theres been real talent there in past and could be now,but its reputation and infamy as too much hassle and rip off precedes it now,shame.
    robbo

Comment

I was there in mid-april, and it was very crowded. Had to push away some chaoo yee bpoon to get a seat

Comment

Hey, that's a coincidence ...  I went to Crazy 3 last night too.

I thought the talent was hot (OK, only the ones with you & me   ).   Was hoping to spot Odette (original) who somebody said is working there now, but I was out of luck.  There were plenty of silicon-enhanced hips waggling about ...  a feature which almost never attracts me!  

But if you think it was lo-so at KC3, I only lasted 10 minutes at Kings Corner ... I know Patpong has some enthusiasts on this board, but I was back to Nana in a tuk-tuk before you could say 'Ping pong show Boss'?

Just in time to see Candy barfined in Obsessions   Never mind, there was a power cut in parts of Soi 4 .... making for some interesting street encounters  
        TT

Comment

Power cuts on soi 4, eh? Now THAT is really walking on the dark side!

Comment

Oh come now, i was in K3 last night and it was loaded with talent

Nataree still looks amazing and gave me a lovely balls massage over a chat about why exactly i had fallen over twice while being shown to my seat . Then the "manager" asked me if id like to come and some some "Jamaican woodbines" with him in the toilets and my tourist trap alarm started ringing.

Still, i like to wander in once a month and put my erect penis in some ladyboys bottom for 20 mins or so, just for old times sake....

Comment

the last time i was in kc3 a few mths ago it was terrible.not one decent sort in it .in fact patpong was pure krap and i used to always go there for a visit

Comment

(TTChang @ Jun. 06 2009,10:09) But if you think it was lo-so at KC3, I only lasted 10 minutes at Kings Corner ... I know Patpong has some enthusiasts on this board, but I was back to Nana in a tuk-tuk before you could say 'Ping pong show Boss'?
                A tuk tuk ? Really ? I ask because I plan to visit Patpong the second weekend of July and planned on using a taxi back to Soi 4 NEP. Maybe use the skytrain to get back. Is a tuk tuk safe ? and how much is the cost ? Is it easy to get a taxi back to NEP from Patpong ?

Comment

it can be hit and miss taking a taxi back, since there is a taxi mafia working in the Patpong area. I would avoid using a Tuktuk - the price is negotiable and they will usually start over 100 Baht back to Nana area, whereas a metered taxi would be around 60-70 Baht. Sky train is ok to get there if you don't mind a 5-10 minute walk from the station. Coming back by Skytrain is a no go after midnight. If you do take a taxi back to Nana area, wave one down on the street and don't take one that is sitting there or they will try to extort you with a quoted rate and not use the meter.

I haven't been to Patpong since last year, but I do hear business is bad and many girls may be exploring other sources of income. I am surprised as a Friday night should bring out some of the part time university students at KC3. I suppose the "married life" may have jaded Stogie as TT Chang thought it was not bad.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                  Membership Levels
                  The Rookie Thread
                  New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                  Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

WTF happened to Patpong? Don't worry about what happened Friday night, spare a thought for the demise of the greatest complex of bars in the known sexual universe.

Spread over 4 blocks with bars alondside clubs next to restaurants, sex shows upstairs & short time rooms scattered around, Patpong was a thriving gathering for 1000's every night of the year.

It also came to represent Thailand to the world, images of bikini clad pole dancers were flashed in every news story or documentary about the place.

Sometime in the early 80's, there were enough Buddhist monks elected into the Government on a platform of cleaning up the sex industry that they had the numbers to force through legislation closing Patpong down.

I believe the idea had Royal patronage too, but overnight, the bars & clubs were closed. The Kings Group somehow had the sway to stay there but what there is, is a sorry reminder of what was.

I never heard of Nana till years later. I know Soi Cowboy was spoken of but the only alternative venue to Patpong for us was the Grace Hotel. Before the Arabs bought it & spent a fortune modernising the place & adding 2 towers at the rear, it was the nightly haunt of some 1000 girls who went to meet Vietnam servicemen.

They were from all walks of life. Shop girls by day, opportunists by night. Many were just young students & many fell deeply in love with their "date".

Things have certainly changed but not necessarily for the better.
                    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

The good old days, blah blah blah. Look at the thread about bargirls in the 1960's. I've seen pics from the 70's and 80's patpong and as far as I can see it is better now than any of those 3 decades. I would say it hit its peak about 10 years ago. The differences is back then there was no closing time, nudity / paste ons were found in downstairs bars, upstairs bars actually had some attractive girls, some watchable shows could be found, even more reasonably priced than now, and girls could be 18 instead of 20+ like now.

As for WTF happened to patpong, nothing as far as I can tell. Stogie hates it and has had bad things to say about it year after year. Others go to patpong to "get it out of the way" so they can quickly move on to somewhere else. Never mind they also go before the time of the night it hits its stride. And their experience is just about what you would expect. There is nothing wrong with patpong. It's just another place to go and the #2 ladyboys spot in BKK. If you aren't having fun there, maybe the problem is you and not the bars.

Comment

Patpong - was considering going there last night on one of the two nights i have in BKK before flying to Siem Reap. Seems to be mixed reviews so I will stick to the Nana area again just as I did last night... once again no plan to take anyone until captured by the beguiling beauty and bouncing bolt-ons of Y in Obsession.

Tuk Tuks - another BKK tradition that I need to do just once every now and again. Unfortunately, last night's trip from Nana to Khao San Road (hmmm a lot further than I remember) was akin to a test drive in the latest Brawn machinery with our would be Somchai Button on a mission to make his passenger spoil his skiddies. Fortunately, I am made of sterner stuff and stepped out of the death trap with a casual smile and a "not very fast are you?"

Having said that. no doubt I'll end up in a Tuk Tuk to Patpong tonight...

Comment

Found a hot fem in Kc3 not long ago. Every so often they get a raw, fresh one in. Pure heaven. But avoid the depressing ST rooms over there. Take her back to your hotel.

Comment

...and how much is the cost ? Is it easy to get a taxi back to NEP from Patpong?
                            The tuk tuk is a bumpy ride and actually it's a longer ride than you might think! That said; it's usually possible to haggle the driver down to 120 baht or so.

My impression of Patpong wasn't from a jaded perspective. I have been there about 10 times in ten years! But clearly in 'Crazy 3' (KC3) the electricity and buzz has gone. The girls are wooden and dispirited and frankly the talent is mediocre especially compared to The Cultural Center (Nana Plaza.)

I didn't like it before because it was so noisy and hectic... but it's nothing like that now.

The other bars are no different with the girls/ladyboys swanning over... "What you name, where you flom, buy me drink!"

It's a yawn these days... Even Olay said the same thing insisting that Friday nights were never like that in her day!

But different people will take back different impressions. I'm just one bloke with a fork to grind.

If you are on holiday for just a few days you'll no doubt find something of interest there. If you have never been to Obsessions or Cascades then you'll be impressed. If you've just come out of prison... well, you get my drift!

Certainly the streets are clearer and easier to navigate and most of the markets are thankfully gone along with the scumbag pikies who worked them.

But overall even the most loyal Patpong supporter would concede that Nana Plaza trumps this area every time.

Comment

(pure @ Jun. 07 2009,05:34) [ask because I plan to visit Patpong the second weekend of July and planned on using a taxi back to Soi 4 NEP.
                              A tuk tuk ? Really ?  Ans:  I needed some excitement  

Is a tuk tuk safe ? Doubt it  

how much is the cost ? They quoted 200 baht.  I had 120 baht in my hand, moving along the tuk-tuks until one agreed.

Is it easy to get a taxi back to NEP from Patpong ?  Yes, but not on a meter (see reference to taxi mafia - I couldn't be arsed to try 15 taxis to get to NEP for 70 baht!)

PS. I thought Stogie would get Jadeite posting  
                              TT

Comment

Working...
                              X