X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ongoing refurb at Guess Bar

I have not seen it myself but I am told, the bar refurb has moved on considerably with a new interior paint and decor scheme and commencing on making the bar more visually appealing. Apparently new bar stools have been ordered and Jay is spending much more time in the bar. Again its only what she tells me as I am tied up elsewhere on other projects.

The worrying thing is as she described the decor i got this Austen Powers 1960's image going through my head

I had seen the new chandaliers already but thats about it - I have not seen the supposed new staff she has hired (and continues to look for new staff to bolster up considerably the numbers). Fixed uniforms WILL be making a comeback and they are not allowing the staff to wear flat shoes anymore - Jay told me, she has to lift the bar (and the cynic in me said - well the original model seemed quite good - why did you ever change ? )

Any on the street pics and comments most welcome as to what affect (if any) the latest remodelling has made and what the feedback is on new staff.

Cheers
    mardhi

Do they need any Electrical or data work, she can pay inkind with Jenny LOL
    Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

A jewel for a joule?

Comment

You got the idea BP
        Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Glad you started this thread, mardhi.  Because I called in to Guess about 12.30 last night - and had a similar chat with Jay as she was munching her way through raw crab/ mango salad.  Yes that's right guys ... Jay ... remember her?  

I was intending to start a new thread 'Jay is back'- which is basically the headline of what she told me.  I'd seen the interior decor changes (after emphasis by Khun Gong), and commented that I quite like dark grey as a wall colour    'fortunately' some red stripes are to be added !!

But none of the decor changes really make a difference, if the other vibes don't.  And it has been very quiet there lately.  Like mardhi, I will be interested to see if the boss stamps her mark on Guess again. Hope so!
          TT

Comment

Has the shitty odour gone

Joking apart, good to read that Guess is going through a makeover. I never did feel as comfortable at the new location and IMO the pool table is too much of a staff distraction and takes something away from the experience of being there.

Comment

I think the pool table is good, but Jay should make a rule that Pool is only allowed with customers, not between girls as long as every customer in the bar doesn't have at least 2 girls on his lap - except if they are regulars who just want a beer.

And the table could use a refurb too.

Comment

I know the pool table is there to stay however, manarak, did you ever visit the old Guess Bar minus the Pool Table  

As my favourite former employee of Guess Bar once remarked to me during pillow talk.....Before Guess Bar was Hi So.....now same same bar beer

Comment

I set foot in the LOS for the first time in July 08... And came back 3 times since.

*sigh* to me july 08 seems like 20 years ago, and the time between my visits feels like years!!!
                  Argh..

Comment

any pics of the refurb? you could a showgirl point out the changes in the pic!

Comment

Working...
                    X