X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King's Corner Bar Patpong

yes , it has bitten the dust.  its a building site now just like the surawong side is also rubble.

how long the rest of it will survive is a dice throw but my guess is not long . i heard that they may have crammed the posties in King2 but i didnt go in . i went along to KC3 instead... not bad as it happens but i think its days are numberd now as well. the place is falling to bits. The stage floor is warped and the girls are having near death experiences in the heels .. when it rains the water soaks the customers inside

anyway back to Kcnr.........
    Will a new KCnr rise from the rubble. My guess is not . RIP

How will I ever get by now!

SHEMALE.CENTER
    World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

I was there a couple of weeks ago and thought the exact opposite - i.e I saw the new Kings lounge which is in an area behind Kings Corner - it is very slickly done. I think what will happen is that the 'general' tourist places utilise prime ground floor locations and the 'speciality' venues are moved to upper floors. It would not surprise me at all to another open fronted music venue and Kings Corner upstairs in a newly built place similar to what Kings Group have done already with Kings Lounge.

KC3 is a bit more problematic - its small and I think Kings dont have either of the units adjacent to it. That may well bite the dust in time. But certainly walking past the newly upgraded Kings places they looked VERY good.

Comment

.I think Bumpa is going to hold an all night candle vigil on friday in memory

Comment

The passing of an institution!

However, I am hoping Mardhi is right and they relocate something upstairs. When I dropped by in August the mamasan mentioned moving upstairs, but in the same location. That's impossible now.

Thanks for the update TC!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
          Membership Levels
          The Rookie Thread
          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

My second favourite LB bar of all time has to be Jenny's Bar just off soi Cowboy...
            SHEMALE.CENTER
            World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Patpong is a dead.. i mean really dead. Compared to the lates 80s, 90s is it a pale of its former self.

all of the downstairs lounges were empty and also very new and clinical . i hate these places and so does every one else it seems. The Gay plaza across the road where one could on occasion find a femboy is also dead and delapidated and its time is up.. maybe two years, already the shutters are coming down and many Go Gos are empty ot boarded up

but at least the busy market used to give an air of bustle and profit to Patpong..not any more

Put it this way , if my broker put even half my money in Patpong i would find a piece of rope and a chair

Comment

(Bumpa STIKKA @ Oct. 19 2010,11:15) My second favourite LB bar of all time has to be Jenny's Bar just off soi Cowboy...  
                So how come we've never heard of it then?

Should one of the Bangkok ex-pats be paying it a visit? Otherwise I am sure Manarak could be persuaded to drop by...
                Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(Tomcat @ Oct. 19 2010,15:02) Patpong is a dead.. i mean really dead. Compared to the lates 80s, 90s is it a pale of its former self.
                  The real body blow to Patpong came sometime in the early 80's when overnight, 100's of bars were bulldozed after a number of Buddhist monks were elected to Parliament with a mandate to clean up Thailand's image as a destination for sex tourists.

They wanted to go the whole hog & close every bar in the country that catered to tourists but they only got as far as Patpong. Ever since PP has struggled along, a shadow of its former glory. The Kings Group must have been well connected to be allowed to survive.

IMO Patpong will carry on but will need to see a return of western tourists before it gets back on its feet. As does the rest of the entertainment industry. All the Indian & Arab visitors in Thailand right now & where are they? Not in the bars, that's for sure.
                  Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

The reporting of the demise of King's Corner was premature. They are having a grand reopening of the newly renovated bar tonight. I have permission to drop by and hopefully they will allow me to take some photos!

Membership Levels
                    The Rookie Thread

Comment

Hmmm sounds like fun.... what time they opening ?

Comment

I think the usual time is 7:00 pm or so.

Membership Levels
                        The Rookie Thread

Comment

Ok, it's always fun sitting in a little restaurant next to Kings 3 between 6 & 7 having dinner and few beers as all the Girls show up for work.... strutting and working it.... :-)

I think i got my after work schedule booked tonight.

Comment

news on that reopening?
                            pics?

and what about this jenny's bar??

Comment

There is a posh handbag shop there now - but Kings Corner has moved to the corner, been refurbished and is all GGs.

Another Kings Corner (I'll get the correct names over the weekend) is opposite and towards Pattpong II - This is only post-ops plus one pre-op who cannot understand why she is there.

KC3 is still operating - new Mamasan in her thirties - wanted to be bar-fined - only pre-ops - less than 20 on Thursday night and not one I would want to take even S.T.

I could have been there on a bad night, so I will revisit and report further.

Comment

Working...
                              X