• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Nana

Extracts from a series of emails:

From Ladyboy who works at Cascade:

Tuesday, 22 May 2012
    nana plaza will close in one or two month it make me more feel bad.

Tuesday, 22 May 2012

From Rxpharm;

There have been reports in Stickman that the leases have not been renewed for the NEP bars. Mardhi has speculated that the owners want to have a new set of bar owners in paying higher rents. His reasoning is that NEP and Patpong are the only areas in Bangkok that are officially licensed to have bars - so closing NEP to the bar scene would a drastic move. Also of course NEP draws a lot of tourists to all the hotels and businesses in that area.

Will be interesting to see what happens!

Comment

Wednesday, 23 May 2012,

From Snick:

from what I've read/heard

New master lease for NEP starts July 1, rents will triple in some cases

Crown group has sold out, not sure if one group bought all bars, or if bars were sold off individually

The group that bought Cascades is planning on making it a GG bar

Obsessions should stay LB ( at least I have not heard otherwise )

Temptations has been sold , no word on whether it will stay LB

Casanova might be sold off

Comment

Wednesday, 23 May 2012

From Ladyboy who works at Cascade:

i come to nana now.
        nana plaza not closing forever just for fix some thing.
        may be cascade will change the owner,
        i don't know if every thing happen like that where lady boys will going.

i will can tell you when it happen and then i will tell you what is my life will going on.
        ok; i will go to work now,i am in nana allready.

Comment

Thursday, 24 May 2012

From TTChang:

There seem to be a few common threads ..... (just from what I've heard)

1. NEP ownership (top leaseholder) has changed, with new leases offered from July 2012 at much increased rents

2. Crown Group (owners Cascade, Obsession, Voodoo, G Spot, Lollipop ..) have sold all their bars

3. Negotiations (tough ones) are taking place.

4. Casanova rent doubled (asking price presumably) and may or may not close.

5. Present SPECULATION is that several bars will close or consolidate.

6. Would make sense to merge Obsession with Cascade (upstairs in the much larger unit) but the word on the street is that Obsession is so lucrative that they wouldnt risk losing the Japanese by going to the 3rd floor.

In summary, think it very unlikely that NEP will close altogether. Although if bars wont pay the rent, the NEP owners might have a good alternative offer for full redevelopment up their sleeves (which I'm sure the Govt will love ... to get rid of Nana Culture Centre).

Guess bar is expecting plenty of new job applicants, which they will generally reject (Jessy would get in if she asked!!)

Comment

Thursday, 24 May 2012

From Snick:

Interesting...first I have heard about a 1-2 month renovation of Nana.

On one hand, it really needs it !! , but on the other, 2 months is a long time.

You'd think they would close half of Nana, fix things up, close the other half.

My feeling is...no one really knows...I find it hard to believe that the new owners of Cascades think they can make more money with a GG bar then with a LB bar.But maybe they have a 'plan' or maybe they are just stupid rich.

I hope the new KC3 is big enough to fit all the ex-nana girls !!!

Comment

Friday, 25 May 2012

From TTChang:

Seems to fit with what I've heard. Will be interesting for us, possibly very bad news for 100+ LBs. Maybe they will all return to Si saket, Roi Et ... etc

Comment

Any other information would be most welcome!!!!

Comment

Guess Bar to expand 10 times in coming months

Comment

I was planning to go to BKK next Year. But when I hear all this news, I think I not go.  

Comment

Don't cancel your trip, I'm sure that if the lb bars in NEP are closed, they will find other places to work. Perhaps you could open up the alibaba's home for homeless lbs?

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                      Membership Levels
                      The Rookie Thread
                      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

It is a distinct possibility that the bars may switch to be Genetic Girl bars instead of LB bars as the market for GG bars is way bigger. If the current owners are faced with huge rent increases it would make perfect sense to sell up and allow their licence to transfer to new operators who would likely make them GG bars. The real estate is so valuable with those licences and they are no longer issued.

I'd imagine one or two will switch to being GG bars, most likely Cascade and Casanova.

Comment

(rxpharm @ May 27 2012,07:07) Don't cancel your trip, I'm sure that if the lb bars in NEP are closed, they will find other places to work. Perhaps you could open up the alibaba's home for homeless lbs?  

Comment

Out of the goodness of my heart, I will turn my house into a shelter to all the unfortunate LB's. I only have 1 King Size Bed so we will have to cuddle.
                            TEXASMAC

Comment

that's sounds very gay Texas

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Working...
                              X