X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess Bar Improvements

There have been enough threads about it, maps drawn, pictures taken, loyalties promised.

It is a nice bar even if the building it is in is quite a dive, but how can it improve?

Each and every time I have been there I have either been alone or there has been a maximum of 2/3 other customers.

This poses a problem as there may not be sufficient, customers, tips, etc to bring the best girls in and more importantly keep them.

If you were running this place how and what would you do to improve it?

added: I just noticed I put this in the Picture Post Forum. I thought I was creating it in the News, Views etc Forum. Apologies in advance to whoever moves it, reads it etc.  

The only thing I would do is get rid of the snotty faggot barman who never EVER seems to be facing the customers. This is the bars BIGGEST let down and is seriously pissing me off every time I set foot in the place.

You literally have to shout at the cunt to get served (and when he does turn around he acts as if he's being distracted from doing something much more important) or you can get the mute cashier to get you a drink or ice or whatever it is you want.

The counter service in the bar sucks big time, but everything else is first rate.  

By the way - don't order spirits... the measures are definitely too small.

Comment

Given I'm currently stuck in Melbourne, it would be unfair for me to comment on any of the operational aspects.

In principal, I love the Guess Bar concept, particularly as an alternative to the Nana Plaza format.

I have some concern as to whether there is a sufficient volume of customers to ensure the bars viability long term.

Personally, I think there is a need to launch a well thought out marketing campaign. Apart from the promotion received on the AsianTS forum, and a couple of similar forums, the place is still relatively unknown.

Given we are still in "tourist season", the bar really should be packed every night.

Cheers
      Koykaeng
      Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

I think the main problem is getting the regular punters away from Nana and the "shit-pits".

For years we have "enjoyed" the scene at Big Dogs and Lucky Lukes and I for one love to sit on the deck and watch the girls come to work and also the 2am show as they leave.

For this reason I think the future of guess is more of an "Events" bar, with the theme parties, maybe sports parties, live soccer etc, and also as a venue for meeting girls at off times, like the afternoon.

During my last trip it was great to meet at Nana, a few drinks, a scout round the bars and then pick a girl and head over to Guess to relax, eat (they will order in whatever food you want) , and watch the world go by.

As time goes by and more and more people hear of the bar then its future will be secured, now we need to support this bar as best we can by stopping by, buying a few drinks and fining a few girls.

Maybe we as BM's should use this bar for meet-ups early in the evening and use it as a starting point, not as a destination.

If that happens, I believe it is for keeps!!

Congrats to Jay on giving us this place.
        seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(koykaeng @ Jan. 16 2007,14:17) Given I'm currently stuck in Melbourne, it would be unfair for me to comment on any of the operational aspects.

In principal, I love the Guess Bar concept, particularly as an alternative to the Nana Plaza format.

I have some concern as to whether there is a sufficient volume of customers to ensure the bars viability long term.

Personally, I think there is a need to launch a well thought out marketing campaign.  Apart from the promotion received on the AsianTS forum, and a couple of similar forums, the place is still relatively unknown.

Given we are still in "tourist season", the bar really should be packed every night.

Cheers
          Koykaeng

I have yet to sample the delights of the bar intend to in March, but on topic.
          The greatest challenge is for a new business is to recognize and then act on expanding there client base. The standard handing out leaflets is not going to happen I can see the fights if guess leaflets handed out at nana.

Looking at the net a homepage located on a good search engine is one way, joining of a few adults sights such as aff, alt and gaydar may also help the cause.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jan. 16 2007,04:50) The only thing I would do is get rid of the snotty faggot barman who never EVER seems to be facing the customers. This is the bars BIGGEST let down and is seriously pissing me off every time I set foot in the place.
            He sounds like the manager in my pub
            And I believe he nearly poisoned you Stogie on your last visit there

What a    

Dave...
            Attached Files
            Your got yer Mother in a whirl
            Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Looks more like a sweet shop than a pub Dave - Is that what they call diversifying these days?

Cheers
              Mardhi

Comment

Mardhi, You would not believe the things some people ask for in the pub, but the sweets are for the kids as we have a large beer garden and kiddies play area

But I better take those flags down in case I offend someone

Dave...
                Attached Files

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jan. 16 2007,11:50) The only thing I would do is get rid of the snotty faggot barman who never EVER seems to be facing the customers. This is the bars BIGGEST let down and is seriously pissing me off every time I set foot in the place.

You literally have to shout at the cunt to get served (and when he does turn around he acts as if he's being distracted from doing something much more important) or you can get the mute cashier to get you a drink or ice or whatever it is you want.

The counter service in the bar sucks big time, but everything else is first rate.  

By the way - don't order spirits... the measures are definitely too small.
                  Gong needs help behind the bar - Jay is looking for a second bartender - unfortunately he is not so good at coping with lots of requests (no surprises there really) which impacts things when its busy. Also the cashier is going to an automated system for bills to speed things up and they are hiring a dedicated waitress to take drink orders. Unfortunately, the reality is that cocktails are taking far longer to make than anyone envisaged (maybe someone needs to bring in a copy of Tom Cruise in Cocktail to give them some ideas LOL). I agonised when I saw how long he was taking to make those 14 B52's the other night.

Spirits are 30ml measures which are larger than served through optics but most of all they are all proper spirits - what it says on the bottle is whats in the bottle.

Having said all that, he is Jays trusted sidekick in the bar so he wont be going anywhere unless its of his own accord and he is excellent at keeping the girls in order, which unfortunately the mamasan is not exactly capable of.

Cheers
                  Mardhi

Comment

Keeping those girls in order would be a pleasure

Comment

Yes Gong is doing a great job considering he is the only one serving drinks , i am always getting a new drink just as my last one is just about to reach the bottom of the glass which is about as good i or anyone could hope for really .

However 3 nites ago with about 15 or more customers in the bar at one time and 7 or 8 girls having drinks being bought for them it was obvious that he needed an extra set of hands to help him during such a blitz .

Comment

(monkeyman @ Jan. 16 2007,12:04) Yes   Gong is doing a great job considering he is the only one serving drinks , i am always getting a new drink just as my last one is just about to reach the bottom of the glass which is about as good i or anyone could hope for really .

However 3 nites ago with about 15 or more customers in the bar at one time and 7 or 8 girls having drinks being bought for them it was obvious that he needed an extra set of hands to help him during such a blitz .
                        Im not being bigheaded but I do get complimented a lot on my bar skills
                        I have been doing the job full-time for 11 years now and know the regulars habits inside out.
                        I too "clock" them when they are nearing the end of their pints and a fresh one is awaiting them as they come to the bar, which they appreciate.
                        I work a lot by myself, and sometimes yes you will get 5 or 6 customers come to the bar at the sametime, this will happen on occasions and then its all about know how on where the pumps are and then being able to serve 2 or 3 customers at once

Tom Cruise eat your heart out

Dave...

Comment

I suggest an in-bar-Jacuzzi
                          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Some ideas but none that really help solve the lack of customers problem which may eventually lead to a lack of pretty LB's.

Last time I was there I spoke with one customer who suggested a Guest Bar short time room. They rent out one of the rooms upstairs, and decorate it each month. One month with lingerie design, another month with bindage etc. etc.

I am not sure whether this would help but sounds interesting anyway.

Personally I think something as simple as an Happy Hour might work. Run a stupidly cheap Happy Hour where the bar only just makes money between the hours of 5 and 8.

50 to 80 Baht a pint might work. Get the punters in and drinking and they are likely to buy lady drinks or take some for short time anyways.

Comment

I am always served 15 ml measures. In fact I'll prove it to you next time I am in there...

Perhaps if he faced the right way when there were two customers in there then it might speed up the process!

Comment

Working...
                              X